Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: REQUEST FOR REVIEWS OF 2018 H-D WIRELESS HEADSETS  (Read 6202 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: REQUEST FOR REVIEWS OF 2018 H-D WIRELESS HEADSETS
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 06:43:58 AM »

The one that comes with the HD or the HD one you can buy is the only one that plays stereo right now in the head sets.

I two expected the bike would come with two head sets.  Not sure on CVO limited but the CVO Street Glide and CVO Road Glide only come with one.

Harley and Sena are aware for the battery life issue.  They are working to figure it out.  They are trying to find out if its a battery issue or a software issue draining the battery.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »

You have to buy a second headset for the passenger and pair both to the infotainment system.

For a half helmet I’ve heard the Sena half helmet is the best option, music played through the bikes speakers and communications through the helmet. However, that means two half helmets and one more 20s, $900 for the ‘18s and $1500 for ‘14 thru ‘17s

Makes my question if it’s worth that not having to plug up.
If the rider or passenger has multiple helmets you can buy a Universal Headset Helmet Kit for the 20S (79.95 retail). It comes with everything you will need to mount it on a half helmet, 3/4 or full face. You can easily swap the 20S module between helmets. If you don't want to use the headset speakers on the half helmet, you just remove one screw that holds the speaker wire in place.  The kit has a cover that fits the headset speaker wire opening after the wire has been removed.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 07:32:34 AM »

I can not speak to the speakers yet in the wireless head set.  I have not used them yet, so I do not know about sound quality.  Nice thing is Sena makes a couple speakers for the headset and they just plug into it. 

Right now my headset speakers are unplug and am using the headset on a half helmet.  One the software in headset is up to date it pairs easily with the bike.  The mic works very well for GPS voice commands and for phone calls.  Cant test the CB yet as I have the additional wiring harness that is listed for 14 - 17 WHIM upgrade.  It is required for the CB to be able to transmit.

This is going to be so much better than the old wired headsets.

From Sena I just ordered another helmet mount and mic.  79.00 dollars, the bluetooth part can snap on an off quickly.  This will allow my full face and my 1/2 helmet with the same bluetooth module, no repeated pairings.

This is just a harley branded Sena 20s.

Since you don’t use the sena speakers......if you have a conversation with other person via bluetooth, does their voice come through the boom speaker?

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

Since you don’t use the sena speakers......if you have a conversation with other person via bluetooth, does their voice come through the boom speaker?
Yes
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »

Well, the more we all learn about this, the more reasonable it gets. Now, if I had 6 friends that weren’t so tight with money that they squeak, It might be fun. And when I  think about it, the voice commands over reaching and taking my eyes off the road etc. is worth the $750 especially when I have a big chunk of chrome cash I need to use.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

harsh1828

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »

Question, GF rides her own bike, how far will the signal reach? also can she pair her phone to the headset and listen to her own music and I mine, but still communicate with me?

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »

The signal goes almost 2 miles, yes she can pair with her own phone or infotainment system and communicate with you, I’m pretty sure she could pair with your infotainment system and ride her bike at a safe distance apart.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »

Law abiding biker has a free video review that has some good information
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »

the WHIM and HD branded Sena’s utilizes an AptX enhanced BT protocol that allows Stereo to be play through the head set.

The non-Hd Sena headsets do not support AptX, therefore, music will be in mono.

Will be interesting to see if Sena will offer an AptX headset or has Harley got a non-compete agreement with them.

If Indian, Honda, BMW chose to adopt the protocol would really change the landscape.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »

Yep, for now, you could just order the clamp and boom mic section of the headset from Harley and use the control section on both helmets without unclamping and reclamping because the clamp part is where the stereo/mono stuff resides.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »

I made the mistake of paying a lot of $$$ to install the WHIM and replace my wired headsets with HD sena 20s units on my CVO Roadglide 2015.
cram decision, the quality of the sound is crap, the mic sensitivity is TOO sensitive, despite making various configurations changes. The mic activates at around 30-40 mph, when this happens the radio volumes reduces and unable to hear.
I have been working with sena support, although helpful, useless at fixing faults.
If you review Sena in general, you will see that they have a design issue with ALL the products with the mic being too sensitive. Sena support response was to go to HD and get them to fix........
Trouble is, I believe this is a Sena issue and not HD, although I do wonder just how much testing HD did before authorising the switch to Sena. Clearly the test was ZERO, otherwise why would they select such a crap product???

The best I have done is to make config changes in addition adding an extra large cover on the boom mic.  :(
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.