Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breakout box Q.  (Read 991 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Breakout box Q.
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:32 AM »

I been having the code B1154 popping up (clutch switch short to ground) on my 07 Ultra.
At the same time ( something I didn't connect with at the time) I would loose charging, then as suddenly as it stops it will start again.
On checking the codes I noticed that code (Po 562 battery low voltage) is coming up at the same time.
Now I'm thinking that B1154 is the route of the problem? :nixweiss: not sure!

I have to start the checking from the BREAKOUT BOX that the HFSM: TEST says I need to start, but I'm not sure where it's located or which connector it is.
Any help on its location would be appreciated.

Q. Is this a common issue? Or is there a common spot in the system that is prone to intermittent fault of this nature with the clutch switch?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Breakout box Q.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:38 PM »

Not sure if this apples to your situation but I would recommend check the wires in frt of the fuel tank where they go into the fairing at the triple tree.   They flex every time you turn the wheel and especially when you park and get off.   It causes them to break and they can be open or shorted.  Usually they break on the Left (drivers side if it were a car :) because the wheel turns sharp left when parked.  Good Luck...

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »

Not sure if this apples to your situation but I would recommend check the wires in frt of the fuel tank where they go into the fairing at the triple tree.   They flex every time you turn the wheel and especially when you park and get off.   It causes them to break and they can be open or shorted.  Usually they break on the Left (drivers side if it were a car :) because the wheel turns sharp left when parked.  Good Luck...

Thanks,   that makes sense.   I'll take a look at the amount of movement that's going on there.

I still haven't been able to identify the the location of the BREAKOUT BOX for doing continuity etc. checks.
The fault has come up twice in the past week and a half and a couple of times about two weeks before that a couple of times.
Like I said,  when the charging system shuts down is when the clutch code comes up this is why I'm thinking the clutch switch short is knocking out the charging system

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »

I think I may have solved the issue I've been having with clutch switch short to ground code coming up and the charging system shutting down.
I have checked the wiring for a fault and came up empty with any bad wiring that I could find.
One thing that I didn't really pay attention to was on a couple of occasions when I turned the ignition on it didn't connect had to turn off then back on,
So after not finding anything with the wiring I wondered if the issue with the ignition switch may have something to do with it.
I took my can of ACF 50 and gave the ignition switch a good healthy shot down the key hole.
It's been 10 days and I've ridden every day with out any further issues.
I'm guessing after 10 yes of washing and weather it may have been the ignition switch creating the faults.
Time will tell. If anything a good shot of ACF 50 can't hurt.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.