Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: self powered sub woofer in a tour pack  (Read 967 times)

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
self powered sub woofer in a tour pack
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »

Has any one put a self powered sub in their tour pack?  If so what did you put and how did you mount it and run the wiring to it?
Mitch

Glenncarp

Re: self powered sub woofer in a tour pack
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »

Broached idea few years ago with my local stereo guru and he replied it would be a waste of time

1) Sub would take up entire tour pack

2) Need yet another amp to run sub so there goes 1 saddle bag

3) Bass would be lost at any speed, so unless you only want the added bass sound parked, not worth it.

He did counter with adding a sound puck (like used in movie theaters)under seat as bass is felt and not really heard. His words not  mine.

I have noticed a marked improvement with bass ports on new bikes and I added thwm to '11 and sort of makes tour pack a bass. You make no mention of your bike, so I'd suggest adding bass ports if you don't already have them, $39 and about an hour to install
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:24:30 PM by Glenncarp »

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
Re: self powered sub woofer in a tour pack
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 05:22:40 PM »

Broached idea few years ago with my local stereo guru and he replied it would be a waste of time

1) Sub would take up entire tour pack

2) Need yet another amp to run sub so there goes 1 saddle bag

3) Bass would be lost at any speed, so unless you only want the added bass sound parked, not worth it.

He did counter with adding a sound puck (like used in movie theaters)under seat as bass is felt and not really heard. His words not  mine.

I have noticed a marked improvement with bass ports on new bikes and I added thwm to '11 and sort of makes tour pack a bass. You make no mention of your bike, so I'd suggest adding bass ports if you don't already have them, $39 and about an hour to install

This is the one I bought it is self powered with a 10" driver

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.