Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: satellite radio  (Read 723 times)

asphaltranger

• Autumn Haze/Antique Gunstock

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
satellite radio
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »

Just traded my 09 Street Glide and 08 FXSTSSE2 on a 011 FLHXSE2 and need to install my Sirius receiver. Anyone know if it will be any different from the installation on the 09? Any issues involving the amp upgrade that the 011 enjoys? Thanks for any help or advice. Mike

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: satellite radio
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 10:30:45 AM »

First thing...are you talking about the XM module or an aftermarket Sirius unit? In case it's the factory XM module here you go...

Installing the XM module has been quite a job on the '11 SESG since HD eliminated the connector in the fairing harness that powers it. I got a wiring diagram from another forum member on how to make the harness to integrate it with the IPOD module. It is in reply #16 here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=53364.15

It was easy on the 2010 SESG with all HD supplied wiring, but completely different on the 2011. According to the factory, the XM module does not work on the 2011 because it is not plug and play. Other members have done it and I am starting to work on it in the next few weeks. Hope this helped....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:32:27 AM by mjb765 »

asphaltranger

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »

Thanks for the reply, MJB. It is an aftermarket Sirius unit that I've had on two other bikes, an 04 Road Glide and an 09 Street Glide. It was easy to plug and play by tapping into the power wire inside the fairing and plugging into the ext port on the face of the radio. So, I'm understanding from your post that the power source wire that was inside the fairing is no longer there. I just got the bike on Fri and want to accumulate as much info before I take the fairing off. I'm also looking to upgrade my mount as I used a nicely done homemade mount on the other bikes but it is not chrome or as stylish as the what this bike shows.
Thanks for the info. I'll post s I go also.
Mike

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:53 AM »

Thanks for the reply, MJB. It is an aftermarket Sirius unit that I've had on two other bikes, an 04 Road Glide and an 09 Street Glide. It was easy to plug and play by tapping into the power wire inside the fairing and plugging into the ext port on the face of the radio. So, I'm understanding from your post that the power source wire that was inside the fairing is no longer there. I just got the bike on Fri and want to accumulate as much info before I take the fairing off. I'm also looking to upgrade my mount as I used a nicely done homemade mount on the other bikes but it is not chrome or as stylish as the what this bike shows.
Thanks for the info. I'll post s I go also.
Mike

Just get power from the cig lighter......no difference there.

asphaltranger

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »

Thanks, I've done that before on the 04 so that will work this time too.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.