Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: satellite radio  (Read 2088 times)

paprgod

• Ridin' Harleys for 33 of my 49 years.

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Black & Blacker
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCU
    • CVO3: 1977 XLCR
Re: satellite radio
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »

For whatever it's worth, if you really like XM (I do), you can pay the lifetime fee and be done with the quarterly charges forever.
2012 FLHXSE3

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »

For whatever it's worth, if you really like XM (I do), you can pay the lifetime fee and be done with the quarterly charges forever.
They told me that had been disco'd....mighta considered if it had been available.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »

If you call them(and that will be an experience you won't forget) they will add the xm radio to your existing account and give you a two radio discount.  YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT THOUGH-------------THEY WON'T OFFER.   I have the same problem. Sirius in my ford truck, xm on my HD.
you are exactly right. they make me mad everytime i call. most of the time it is someone in a land far far away. i really like the radio on the bike,so i hang up and keep calling til i get an american voice. they will offer deals from time to time you just have to keep checking. what a pain they are.

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

My experience with XM has always been less than pleasant. Billing / Customer Service is the worst I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.  With that said, I sill have XM on my CVO and my wifes car.  You can negotiate with them for a lower yearly rate if you get the right sales person.  You may have to hang up a few times to get someone who will work with you though.  Just check the internet for lowest cost XM and see what people are saying about the current pricing.  My biggest grip with XM is the "auto renewal" BS.  If you do negotiate a lower rate, it will auto renew next year at the then current retail rate which will be much much higher.  The only way around this is to have the invoice you and never never never give them your credit card number.  If you have an existing contract with them, tell them to cancel the subscription near the end of your contract and just wait a few weeks. You will start to get "we want you back" coupons for lowered pricing.  Just my 2c worth.
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 03:36:11 PM »

Jacking around with those idiots every renewal period isn't worth whatever I could save.  They've got my cc for the cages, but I won't be activating the bike.

jsa1000

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra Classic CVO Black Ember & Rio Red. Fullsac X-Pipe, 2.0 Recore, TTS ECM dyno. All done professionally by Steve at Fullsac in Lake Havasu Arizona. Worth the trip!!
    • CVO2: 2002 Road King Classic Non CVO
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »

I too share in the XM/Sirius problem.  I have a 2011 CVO Ultra that came with the XM interface in the Harmon Kardon.  I have been a subscriber with Sirius since day one of its inception and called to add the CVO to my plan, only to find out that even though they are the same company you have to start a new contract and account for XM.  So, I mounted the Sirius Starmate 5 that I normally use in my cage to the Garmin 660 weather cover and ran a wire from it to the AUX on the Harmon Kardon.  Works great!!!  Antenna and power is inside the fairing out of view.  Now I move my Starmate from the cage to the bike whenever I want for one price. 

On another note, I am getting frustrated with the workings of the Harmon Kardon and am considering a replacement radio with bluetooth tech.  I would love to ditch the cords.  Any suggestions would be appreciated keeping in mind that whatever I consider must work with the thumb/handlebar controls.  Thanks Much!! 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.