Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 720263 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

So it looks like your mash-tun has a rubber seal, the direct heat doesn't screw it up? Only the Guinness kegs come with the screw in bungs? All my kegs have the C-clip style. Again the detail on you system looks great!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 07:49:32 PM »

So it looks like your mash-tun has a rubber seal, the direct heat doesn't screw it up? Only the Guinness kegs come with the screw in bungs? All my kegs have the C-clip style. Again the detail on you system looks great!

Talon, It's the original o-ring I installed 6 yrs ago, never had an Issue, buna rubber is good to 175 and nitrle is good over 200, remember your only mashing at 150 -160 deg. very low flame just to maintain temp, the water is pre-heated in my other keg and then mixed with the grain to hit mash temp.

the European kegs have threaded bungs all American kegs have snap ring groove

one more thing for anyone thinking about converting kegs don't waste your time welding in nipples for ball valves
you will never get anyone to give you an inclusion free weld unless they are a robot, drill a clearance hole for a bulkhead fitting and use quarter turn stainless aircraft compression coupling (CPI) they can be disassembled in a matter of seconds for cleaning

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:15:36 AM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 11:25:29 PM »

I think we should have a CVO ride to Eagle1's house...

Just to drink a few beers and see this cool setup!!!

What do you say Eagle1???
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »

I think we should have a CVO ride to Eagle1's house...

Just to drink a few beers and see this cool setup!!!

What do you say Eagle1???

I better start brewin alot a beer  ???  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2007, 07:54:07 AM »

Time for a road trip to Eagle1's!

Friday....... beer thirty sometimes is a bit early on Friday. 

:drink: :drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »

CVO Road Trip for a Beer 30 visit and tour of Eagle 1's brew shop.  Sounds like quite a plan.   :drink:

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »

Favorite Beers;

Artois Bock, Chimay Blue Grand Reserve, Chimay Red Premiere, Duvel, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Orval,  Erdinger Dunkel and Hefe Weiss, Schofferhofer Hefeweizen, Amstel, Dundee's Dark Ale, Negro Modelo, black and tan, and lots and lots more of the darker micro brew beers that I can't remember the names of right now.  Course, when I glance back at this list, I can see why I may not be able to remember.   :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »

Mrs. WeCVO -s ome of those I know - very good - and others I do not.

A trip to ye olde liquor emporium is indicated, for research purposes of course.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »

We have stores in VA called "Total Beverage" and you can get onesies and twosies of a lot of the imported beers for just tasting. One of our very great friends that we used to get together to taste with has moved up to New England and we are missing these tasting events.  We had met in Belgium and Paul's goal during his tour there was to taste all 800 beers made in that country.  I don't think he even made it half way through, but it was an admirable goal, and we had the pleasure of joining him and his bride on many of a country drive and tour of a monastary or other brewery.  Made life overseas a lot of fun. Did expand that knowlege base though, and to drink the normal American donkey p!$$ is not even anything one would consider, unless you were very thirsty and there was nothing else around. I really enjoy water.  I missed some of the American fall backs when just going out for a meal in the local area - Sam Adams, Michelob Classic Dark Beer are good fall backs.  We really enjoy going to the brew pubs as they usually have great food and you can get the beer sampler.  We have a chain here called Hops that is usually at least fun to try. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »

I live in a college town & there are a few spots to get beer from around the globe.  A couple of good beer/liquor stores at least.

That beer tour of Belgium sounds like it was a blast.  I drink lots of imports & a variety of brews from here and there.  My fall backs are Amber Bock (yeah, some who hate it are saying yuck!), Yeungling (reminds me of Schlitz at times - long story - bootleggers .75 quarts),  and the old reliable Bud Light.  Some of the American brews lack, shall we say, character.  An old college prof told me my beloved Shiner reminded him of horse p!ss - said it was bottled by a horse trough.  Remembered that after your donkey p!ss comment - made me smile.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34:43 PM »

Since it is Friday afternoon, I thought I would pass on this useful information:

A 2006 study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a
year.  That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

I live in a college town & there are a few spots to get beer from around the globe.  A couple of good beer/liquor stores at least.

That beer tour of Belgium sounds like it was a blast.  I drink lots of imports & a variety of brews from here and there.  My fall backs are Amber Bock (yeah, some who hate it are saying yuck!), Yeungling (reminds me of Schlitz at times - long story - bootleggers .75 quarts),  and the old reliable Bud Light.  Some of the American brews lack, shall we say, character.  An old college prof told me my beloved Shiner reminded him of horse p!ss - said it was bottled by a horse trough.  Remembered that after your donkey p!ss comment - made me smile.

As of late my brew of choice is the Belgian White Blue Moon. Very full bodied and quite crisp with a hint of citrus. If you haven't tried it give it a taste you'll like it.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »

As of late my brew of choice is the Belgian White Blue Moon. Very full bodied and quite crisp with a hint of citrus. If you haven't tried it give it a taste you'll like it.  Later,Q

Never heard of this one - will look for it.  Belgians are damn good brew masters.

Tros

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2007, 11:28:54 PM »

Bitburger Pils has been my favorite beer for the last 20+ years.  I can still remember the smell driving by the brewery, kinda like green beans cooking.  :)  If I'm out of it then Bud, Keystone light or Rolling Rock will suffice.  Of course free & cold is good too.

That home setup you have there Eagle1 is a thing of beauty!   :2vrolijk_21: 

Cheers. :drink:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »

Bitburger Pils has been my favorite beer for the last 20+ years.  I can still remember the smell driving by the brewery, kinda like green beans cooking.  :)  If I'm out of it then Bud, Keystone light or Rolling Rock will suffice.  Of course free & cold is good too.

That home setup you have there Eagle1 is a thing of beauty!   :2vrolijk_21: 

Cheers. :drink:

Thanks bro, I do like the bitburger as well, good clean dry finish with the traditional saaz hops, stay away from that cheap domestic chit, it will make ya go blind  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 298

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.