Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wards Parts Werks Fans  (Read 2491 times)

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
Wards Parts Werks Fans
« on: July 11, 2015, 11:26:42 PM »

Had to machine a couple spacers but was able to mount my fans & still use my eagle head horn cover. The fans are really nice & a quality piece that definitely seem to move a lot of air. I'm glad I have them & just thought I'd show them.

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
Re: Wards Parts Werks Fans
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 01:34:12 AM »

They look great!  :2vrolijk_21:

Wards Fans are a good product and a nice a guy to work with!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 03:33:53 AM »

Love mine too!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »

Photo

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

Another

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

Another

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

Here is a photo of the thermal switch in the fin of the head, I also cut all of the spade terminals that came on all of the wires for connections & soldered everything & also extended the wires on the thermal switch & ran everything up into the wiring trough under the tank to make those two connections of the switch so that everything is much cleaner.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I am waiting for my fans to arrive. Can't wait to re-install my Eagle head. I have had a two part oil cooler from Enigma Concepts for a few years now. One part is a fan that is right behind the stock horn cover that I have had to rework a couple of times. Anyway just having the one fan has helped so i'm sure one fan directed at each cylinder will be much better. :2vrolijk_21:

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »

Thanks for the photos of the install.  How did you extend the horn mounting bushing stud? Did you remove the original horn mounting stud and use a long bolt and new rubber spacer with 2 washers and then a large nut as a spacer behind the eagle flange?  trying to follow your install.  thanks again for the idea!

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »

There are two stainless 5/16 fender washers behind the rubber mount & one in front, each of those washers are.055 which total .165. Wards says that there should be at least 1/4" of space between the fans & heads & mine are about 5/16". The reason I did it that way is because there are enough extra threads on the back of the rubber mount that .110 of spacer could be used but no more & the .055 on the front still left plenty of stud for securing the fan itself. The hex nut spacer is made to extend all of the way into the mounting hole of the fan & this gives enough material to have a 5/16-18 stud with red loctite installed so that the original horn nut could be used. I hope this helps but if there are any more questions don't hesitate to ask. One more thing, the rubber mount is the stock mount & the hex spacer is threaded all the way through & is used to secure the fans & have the stud for the eagle head & horn to be secured.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:19:56 PM by WVHoop »

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.