Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water Pump Failure  (Read 1694 times)

africa al

• Full CVO Member
  • Travel the road less travelled

• CVO1: CVO1 Black & Gold 2015
    • CVO2: CVO 2 Diamond Black & Slate Grey
    • CVO3: CVO 3 Sherwood Green & Aztec Black Road King SE6
Water Pump Failure
« on: May 07, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »

On my road trip through Europe my engine warning light came on. I pulled over and checked for any obvious issues etc.  I could not see any thing obvious. The Engine warning light was still on and after a mile or so my thermostat light also came on. I then checked  the fuse and sure enough the cooling system fuse had blown. The bike is only on it,s first real run since I made some modifications to it.

I managed to have the bike recovered to a local Harley Dealer, who diagnosed the issue. The water pump had seized up. Not happy. Bike had barely covered 2K miles at this point. I forgot to mention my bike is the 2015 CVO.

New water pump ordered and installed. My return trip from the South of France through the Alps back to the UK which has been approx 2,000 miles over the past 3 days has gone without any further problems.

Just wondered if any one else had had issues with this problem.??.

jc15025

• 2015 CVO FLHXSE
  • Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE
Re: Water Pump Failure
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »

My friends pump went out on his 14 ultra while we were in Sturgis 2015. He called his dealer in FL and they said he could ride as is if he wasn't in any parades. He decide to take it to Rapid City HD and within 3 hrs it was done, not bad during the 75th anniversary of Sturgis! :beerchug:

sold a 2005 Softail Deluxe and 1971 GTO  for my new used 2015 FLHXSE

Page created in 0.379 seconds with 21 queries.