Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Road Glide screen glare  (Read 1171 times)

Glenncarp

Road Glide screen glare
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »

Anyone find any protective covering or screenshade to help see the RG screen in sunlight? I am 5'8" tall and during daylight hours, there is no way to see the screen unless I am riding through a shaded area. If you look at the angle on the RG, it is about 30 degrees tilted up, why? No idea as that puts it facing the sky. How about HD make a tilt screen so it can be adjusted for different person height? There are many car stereos with tilting stereo screen, why can't HD think outside of the box for once?

Please let me know if anyone has found/used an items to remove or reduce the glare so I can use the infotainment system in the sun.

Thanks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Road Glide screen glare
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:35:34 AM »

Hi Glenn,

This was a Hot Topic beginning in January of 2015. Lots of guys chimed in complaining with lots of products alleviating the problem for them. Look here:  2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS". It has been a while but there are a number of products listed in that thread that should help you. The search function is your friend. Hope this helps.

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »

Hi Glenn,

This was a Hot Topic beginning in January of 2015. Lots of guys chimed in complaining with lots of products alleviating the problem for them. Look here:  2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS". It has been a while but there are a number of products listed in that thread that should help you. The search function is your friend. Hope this helps.

GK

Thanks for the info, the search button is NOT my friend as I rarely get to to work. Lol. I get more results than if I just read all the posts.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:42:05 AM »

I'm sure that thread will give you good information. With regard to the search function, practice. It's usually a matter of using good search terms. I remembered the thread but to find it I simply searched "screen glare" in the Road Glide Ultra bored. It was the first reference in that search. You can also conduct a general search on the CVO home page. Good luck!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.