Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hydraulic clutch adjustment?  (Read 2761 times)

Eng13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

hydraulic clutch adjustment?
« on: November 18, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »

OK I am new to the Harley stuff so i will share what i have found on my 2014 Brake out cvo
my finding might not be true for all of you but it worked for me
i was noticing alot of drag on the bike when i was in first gear with the clutch pulled all the way in with the bike off while moving it
to me there should  be some but not what i was having  i will make this sort and sweet my findings were
the throwout bearing that Harley uses is a standard roller bearing so i changed to an ANGULAR CONTACT BALL BEARING
so the load is applied in one direction this helped still not getting the lift to disengage the clutch fully
i started to check the newer Haley's set up and i found the 2017 use a push rod assembly that is only 2 Pisces
so i purchased the newer style  and installed it so now i got the lift in need no more drag
the original was 4 separate pieces the new one was 2 oh and the Harley CLUNK IS GONE
Gear changes are like a hot knife cutting butter the whole set up cost me around 50 dollars if you want part # send me a message
anyway Ride Safe PS if your clutch is grabbing as soon as you start to release this will fix that   thanks Eng13   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:49:16 PM by Eng13 »

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: hydraulic clutch adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »

why the secrecy?  why not just post the part number?
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:15:51 PM »

:worthless:
              AND PART NUMBERS  ;D

Eng13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 03:11:20 AM »

its no secret i was sitting in the house and i did have them with me
here you go
37000217     CLUTCH RELEASE ROD 6.49      
37000218     PUSHROD,CLUTCH RELEASE 10.99
bearing 7200b Angular Contact Ball Bearing   10x30x9  around 15.00 if you get one with shields you can just pull them off
let me know how it works  for ya.
also swap out the primary oil for ATF fluid i am running mobil synthetic ATF
with no issues at all ...ride safe

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:26:56 PM by Eng13 »

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »

I will be following this as the "KLUNK" on my bike is very annoying

Have you have the recall done on your bike for the issue with the clutch

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »

I will be following this as the "KLUNK" on my bike is very annoying

Have you have the recall done on your bike for the issue with the clutch

In the mean time rodrocket,... What will help with your "KLUNKING" issue, (in "N" to first) give the throttle a short quick snap  at the same time clutch and shift to first. It'll take a bit too get the hang of but you'll find it will lower and once you get the hang of it eliminate the "KLUNKING" into gear or at least reduce it by 75%. Do the same thing on up shifting as well as down shifting (clutch short snap throttle shift) it'll make it smoother with no or limited "KLUNKING".
Also if you find it hard to get into "N" a quick short snap on the throttle at the same time shift to "N" again takes getting the hang of but it will slide into "N". The rev and shift timing smoothens annoying "KLUNKING"
The trick is to get the shift at the point of rev change.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:49:18 PM by longlast »

Eng13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:42:31 AM »

YES i had the recall done all they did was check to see if the clutch master cylinder would not bleed down i had already flushed the system and put synthetic fluid and pressure bleed it at the slave cylinder to the master     
look the bottom line its 30 dollars try it you'll like it if it doesn't work i will buy lunch but you have to come to my neighborhood
Cheers..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:28:33 PM by Eng13 »

Eng13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

Hey Every one here is what i used to get way better clutch operation its a 17 pro street Brakeout
i took a chance that it would drop right in and it worked like a charm all together under 20 bucks
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:40:10 PM by Eng13 »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 06:35:19 AM »

In the mean time rodrocket,... What will help with your "KLUNKING" issue, (in "N" to first) give the throttle a short quick snap  at the same time clutch and shift to first. It'll take a bit too get the hang of but you'll find it will lower and once you get the hang of it eliminate the "KLUNKING" into gear or at least reduce it by 75%. Do the same thing on up shifting as well as down shifting (clutch short snap throttle shift) it'll make it smoother with no or limited "KLUNKING".
Also if you find it hard to get into "N" a quick short snap on the throttle at the same time shift to "N" again takes getting the hang of but it will slide into "N". The rev and shift timing smoothens annoying "KLUNKING"
The trick is to get the shift at the point of rev change.

Remember you have a 14 lb clutch assembly  sitting out on the end of the main shaft plus a. 5.83 lb mainshaft itself . When you pull the clutch in there is some momentum there, unless you wait a while it's always going to clunk. I put the ,17 scissor gear in mine took care of most all of it
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Eng13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »

Hey Tex ,
you already have the 2 piece set up that I mentioned  above you are a 100% correct that there will be some drag in the drive set up
like i stated there was way too much in fact when i took my clutch apart there was a mix of clutch drive and driven disk
and there were burnt before i did the change on a flat surface in first gear you could feel the bike ever soo slight pulling forward
now with the bike in gear clutch pulled it moves freely  i checked the microfiche so from 2015 and on harley started the newer 2 piece assembly on all the cvo's  have a nice day ride safe 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:21:12 PM by Eng13 »

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.