Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Replacement of front speaker on a 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE  (Read 2057 times)

Malabarfl

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

I have a blown speaker and went to replace. Speaker doesn't easily come out of the compartment. Does the fairing have to come off to take speaker out? Their is a tiny tab integral to the fairing that blocks easy removal. Anybody else run into this?

Thanks, 
      Geoff

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: Replacement of front speaker on a 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO FLTRUSE
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:59 AM »

You can gently pry the covers off from the outside but, the outer fairing comes off and back on so easy that prying the covers off just isn’t worth the chance of scratching the paint around the covers. Besides, once it’s open you can move the ser/XM radio antenna out front so it will work better.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Malabarfl

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »

King Glide, thanks or the response. I have seen videos for removal of the front fairing, looks very straightforward. Does the inner fairing come off as easily, From what I see the outer front part of fairing still won't give me access to pull the speakers out. On the non CVO Road Glide I see the speakers just pop right out after the grill is removed.

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:59:19 PM »

They do on the CVO faring, too....when you remove the tabs.  For some reason, my '15 SERGU didn't have tabs like most other bikes so replacing my front speakers went smooth.  However, I replaced the speakers on a friends ride and the tabs were present ('16 SERGU).  We took a fine tooth hack saw blade and removed the two tabs on his since mine didn't seem to need them and the grills sat fine (on both).  Worked much better taking that small piece out of both sides than taking the entire faring apart. 

Malabarfl

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »

Haird,

Thanks, I didn't think those tabs had any purpose either.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:18:21 PM »

In general, once you have the fairing off you can just push the covers off from the inside outward with your fingers.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

Sorry for the late reply, but I had the exact same problem with my 15 FLTRUSE.  Right speaker came out, but left wouldn't no matter how I tried.  It was close, but the tabs were always in the way.  I watched a few videos and posted in a few forums.  Everyone said, it just comes out... but mine didn't.

I would up loosening the two screws that hold the clear air deflector ("Willy wings").  That allowed the upper fairing to flex just enough to get that speaker out.

I replaced with HCX 165's, which even with the angled spacers (from BT) slipped in easily.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else that runs into the same issue.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.