Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Agitator Wheels  (Read 23659 times)

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
Agitator Wheels
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:14:56 PM »

I was told ( I dont know any thing about this - thats why I am asking)
Harley is saying that Agitator Wheels should not be put on Street Glides.
I was told there was something on one of he forums about this??
Has any one heard any thing about this?

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
Re: Agitator Wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »

If you mean the chrome Agitator wheels they are slightly heavier. And they may off balance the bike at high speeds and effect handling. But in my opinion you probably not feel the difference. The MoCo says that they are not designed for the SESG just in case someone has a wreck they will be protected.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:58:57 PM »

If you mean the chrome Agitator wheels they are slightly heavier. And they may off balance the bike at high speeds and effect handling. But in my opinion you probably not feel the difference. The MoCo says that they are not designed for the SESG just in case someone has a wreck they will be protected.
Where is this written?
Hawg

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:48:35 AM »

Where is this written?

I am having mine put on in  a few days, I am curious as to where this is stated also.  :nixweiss:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »

These wheels are 18", for '09 and later models. The mirror chrome version is only allowed for Road King & Road Glide, while the contrast chrome fits all Touring moels, except the Trike. Go figure.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »

if they are not designed for the SESG, then why are they putting them on the bikes?  :confused5:
Hawg

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »

Interesting. I had the chrome wheels included in my SESG purchase (October) but they've been on backorder until this month. The dealer didn't raise this question but after going through the 2010 HD Catalog after reading this thread, the fitment does say "Fit's '09-later Road King and Road Glide models" while the contrast says "Fits '09-later Touring models (except Trike)". This does strike me as a peculiar distinction and rasies the question "why?". I'll give the dealership a call today or Tuesday and inquire. They'll probably claim ignorance...but in any case, I've never been warned by the dealer when I made the deal - but then again, I'm dealing with salesmen.

CVOTequila: I'd be also curious what you find out if you also inquire.

The bad news is that I actually grew quite fond of the contrast rims and have been thinking of using the cost differential in my buyers contract to get the color-matched lowers (which requires a new guard) or the color matched king tourpak...if this wheel fitment is an issue, I've got my excuse to get other items...(as you can tell, I'm rehearsing my converstion with my wife so that it looks like it makes sense - I see "swap", she'll see $$$$).  :-\

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Interesting. I had the chrome wheels included in my SESG purchase (October) but they've been on backorder until this month. The dealer didn't raise this question but after going through the 2010 HD Catalog after reading this thread, the fitment does say "Fit's '09-later Road King and Road Glide models" while the contrast says "Fits '09-later Touring models (except Trike)". This does strike me as a peculiar distinction and rasies the question "why?". I'll give the dealership a call today or Tuesday and inquire. They'll probably claim ignorance...but in any case, I've never been warned by the dealer when I made the deal - but then again, I'm dealing with salesmen.

CVOTequila: I'd be also curious what you find out if you also inquire.

The bad news is that I actually grew quite fond of the contrast rims and have been thinking of using the cost differential in my buyers contract to get the color-matched lowers (which requires a new guard) or the color matched king tourpak...if this wheel fitment is an issue, I've got my excuse to get other items...(as you can tell, I'm rehearsing my converstion with my wife so that it looks like it makes sense - I see "swap", she'll see $$$$).  :-\

Widow-

I'm on it!!  I'll ask my dealership the same question.   
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

You guys might want to consider going right to the source to get your answer.......call the MoCo customer service number and ask them. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 04:10:54 AM »

You guys might want to consider going right to the source to get your answer.......call the MoCo customer service number and ask them. :nixweiss:

:2vrolijk_21:

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

GILLY

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »

I compiled some comments on this subject...

I wanted the mirror chrome Agitator wheels in place of the contrast chrome Agitator wheels and here is what I was told Milwaukee said:
The mirror chrome Agitators are "heavier" than the contrast chrome Agitators which impacts the unsprung weight on Harley models with the batwing fairing. It's a safety and handling issue.
Engineering wise this makes no sense...

I assume you haven't had any handling concerns swapping the contrast Agitators for the mirror chrome Agitators. The reason I ask is that I want to do the same thing and was told by HD technical that due to the increased weight of the chrome over the powder coat that the added unsprung weight caused handling issues on any Touring bike with a Batwing fairing. I don't believe it. There are so many reasons that contradict that thinking that I can't begin to list them. I think it's a Marketing call due to most everyone wanting to go chrome over their decision to go with powdercoating. Thanks for listening...

To that statement I'd like to know how they explain the all chrome wheels on the SEUC. 

There is a weight (spinning inertia) limit that the full chrome agitator wheel exceeds for use on 'batwing' models. The full chrome SEUC wheel falls below this spec limit, but it's a different wheel.
The chrome Agitator wheel fits of course, just technically a tad too heavy and 'could' cause handling issues. Therefore 'not a correct application.'

It’s true that low unsprung weight has a significant impact on handling, and the Mirror chrome Agitator wheel is 0.8 pounds heavier than the Contrast Chrome. Consider that the 18” Blade (40818-08) has an ’04 and later Batwing model application, and is 9.87 pounds heavier than the Contrast Chrome Agitator wheel.

I don’t know why the Mirror Chrome Agitator doesn’t have a Batwing model application, but I am skeptical that it has anything to do with the +12 ounce difference in weight.

I’ve got the 18” blade on my ’09 FLHX, and have dialed it up over 55 a couple of times through the sweepers without experiencing any instability.   

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 12:58:29 PM »

I compiled some comments on this subject...

I wanted the mirror chrome Agitator wheels in place of the contrast chrome Agitator wheels and here is what I was told Milwaukee said:
The mirror chrome Agitators are "heavier" than the contrast chrome Agitators which impacts the unsprung weight on Harley models with the batwing fairing. It's a safety and handling issue.
Engineering wise this makes no sense...

I assume you haven't had any handling concerns swapping the contrast Agitators for the mirror chrome Agitators. The reason I ask is that I want to do the same thing and was told by HD technical that due to the increased weight of the chrome over the powder coat that the added unsprung weight caused handling issues on any Touring bike with a Batwing fairing. I don't believe it. There are so many reasons that contradict that thinking that I can't begin to list them. I think it's a Marketing call due to most everyone wanting to go chrome over their decision to go with powdercoating. Thanks for listening...

To that statement I'd like to know how they explain the all chrome wheels on the SEUC. 

There is a weight (spinning inertia) limit that the full chrome agitator wheel exceeds for use on 'batwing' models. The full chrome SEUC wheel falls below this spec limit, but it's a different wheel.
The chrome Agitator wheel fits of course, just technically a tad too heavy and 'could' cause handling issues. Therefore 'not a correct application.'

It’s true that low unsprung weight has a significant impact on handling, and the Mirror chrome Agitator wheel is 0.8 pounds heavier than the Contrast Chrome. Consider that the 18” Blade (40818-08) has an ’04 and later Batwing model application, and is 9.87 pounds heavier than the Contrast Chrome Agitator wheel.

I don’t know why the Mirror Chrome Agitator doesn’t have a Batwing model application, but I am skeptical that it has anything to do with the +12 ounce difference in weight.

I’ve got the 18” blade on my ’09 FLHX, and have dialed it up over 55 a couple of times through the sweepers without experiencing any instability.   

Great info....thanks
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:18 PM »

Weekend before last I rode my SESG down HWY. 1 with the Blade wheels mentioned.  I got into the twities pretty tight, for several hours.  I didn't notice any "handling" problems but did notice that from about 50 mph and up, anytime I'd lean into a curve, that I'd hear a heavy whirring noise.  Not a howl but more of a whirring.  The heavy and harder I'd get into the curve, the more pronounced the noise would be. :nixweiss:

It's fine on the straigh aways.....even at speeds exceeding. :2vrolijk_21:

By the way......looking on the HD web site, there isn't any restrictions mentioned for the Blade wheels on a 10 SESG. :nixweiss:  If they're heavier, why wouldn't the be listed as "except 2010 SESG"? :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:15:55 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GILLY

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 02:39:27 PM »

My previous response were comments from various people on this forum.
I ordered The mirror chrome Agitators and I'll install them on my bike.
The comment from Harley about unsprung weight was bogus. Unsprung
weight would include axle caps, reflectors, etc. and 12 ounces would
add up pretty quick. I'm sure the contrast chrome Agitators are not right
on the "edge" of making the weight, so shave off 25% and let's say the
Agitators are 9 oz. too heavy.
One of the responses concerned reciprocating weight. There's some validity,
but 9 oz. still wouldn't matter.
A lot of guys went to the mirror chrome over the contrast chrome and I haven't
heard any feedback (pro or con). I think it's probably boils down to a marketing call that
Harley made on the contrast chrome for the CVO Street Glides. Save a few $ in cost.
Harley is after all a public company that has to stay alive by making a profit.
Just my point of view.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »

My previous response were comments from various people on this forum.
I ordered The mirror chrome Agitators and I'll install them on my bike.
The comment from Harley about unsprung weight was bogus. Unsprung
weight would include axle caps, reflectors, etc. and 12 ounces would
add up pretty quick. I'm sure the contrast chrome Agitators are not right
on the "edge" of making the weight, so shave off 25% and let's say the
Agitators are 9 oz. too heavy.
One of the responses concerned reciprocating weight. There's some validity,
but 9 oz. still wouldn't matter.
A lot of guys went to the mirror chrome over the contrast chrome and I haven't
heard any feedback (pro or con). I think it's probably boils down to a marketing call that
Harley made on the contrast chrome for the CVO Street Glides. Save a few $ in cost.
Harley is after all a public company that has to stay alive by making a profit.
Just my point of view.
I think you nailed it right there. :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 11:09:15 AM »

All of this discussion makes me think about going with another brand of wheel altogether, I was thinking about RC components becuase they have some nice new wheels for '10 HDs.  Does anyone have experience with these wheels? 
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

GILLY

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »

I felt the same way. I considered 21" Aspen Renegades, but I still had a crush on the mirror chrome Agitators.
I'm from the CHROME generation. I went with what I wanted. Life's too short. Actually a territory rep said it didn't make sense.
I respect Harley as a company, but sometimes a business will make a decision or have a position for a reason they don't necessarily divulge. Then when questions come up, they backpedal.

Widows Son

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

Talked to the dealership and they indicated this isn't an issue. I'll get the installation done next week or so.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
Chrome Agitators
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »

Talked to the dealership and they indicated this isn't an issue. I'll get the installation done next week or so.

How long was the wait on the chrome wheels?
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Widows Son

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

I'd bought the bike in late Oct and arranged the purchase (actually swap) in the contract. They arrived earlier this week as they were on backorder until Feb 4th.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
Chrome Agitators
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »

I felt the same way. I considered 21" Aspen Renegades, but I still had a crush on the mirror chrome Agitators.
I'm from the CHROME generation. I went with what I wanted. Life's too short. Actually a territory rep said it didn't make sense.
I respect Harley as a company, but sometimes a business will make a decision or have a position for a reason they don't necessarily divulge. Then when questions come up, they backpedal.

I decided the same, to go with the agitators, I just dropped off the bike at the dealer and will be picking it up tomorrow sometime....pretty excited.   :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »

All of this discussion makes me think about going with another brand of wheel altogether, I was thinking about RC components becuase they have some nice new wheels for '10 HDs.  Does anyone have experience with these wheels? 

RC Components wheels are flawless and have a 7 year warranty against peeling. The warranty is an exchange replacement as well!

My Harley Roadwinders peeled after 3 week and They wouldnt stand behind them. I'll never buy wheels from Harley again.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »

RC Components wheels are flawless and have a 7 year warranty against peeling. The warranty is an exchange replacement as well!

My Harley Roadwinders peeled after 3 week and They wouldnt stand behind them. I'll never buy wheels from Harley again.
Anyone could have a bad batch of chroming, but to not stand behind it is just wrong.  :-[ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

Just picked up my bike with the agitators....looks awesome!!!  Will post some pics ASAP.
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

Widows Son

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »

Where are those pics and How do you like the new rims? I get the all-chrome agitators installed on Friday along with my "recall" repair.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
Chrome Agitators
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »

Where are those pics and How do you like the new rims? I get the all-chrome agitators installed on Friday along with my "recall" repair.

Rims are great they really look good on the Tequila, Last few weeks have been busy, haven't had time to post pics!!  Will do as soon as I can, hopefully this weekend.  Good choice on the chrome agitators!   :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Freedom Racing Duals
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
Riders Claw
SE Shift Linkage

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

Rims are great they really look good on the Tequila, Last few weeks have been busy, haven't had time to post pics!!  Will do as soon as I can, hopefully this weekend.  Good choice on the chrome agitators!   :2vrolijk_21:

Do you notice any difference in 'rideability' ??

Widows Son

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »

New Agitator installed yesterday

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
Chrome Agitators
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight

Widows Son

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
Chrome Agitators
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »

Looks good on the TS. But I think I will be keeping the stock wheels on my SR. :2vrolijk_21:

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 03:06:24 PM »

Very nice look 'Bro'

........Russ

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »

That seat looks great on the TS.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

GILLY

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »

Both styles look great!...it depends on the look you're after.
Personally I like the mirror chrome...especially on the TS color.

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

Has anyone added Chrome Agitators to Spiced Rum? And if so do you have pics? In an older thread I was in on a few month's ago about this same weight issue, someone had mentioned they saw the chrome on Spiced Rum and was not impressed. I personally like the chrome better but now I want to see them before i lay out the cash (no exchange program up here that i know of)... they look so good on blue and TS... ya just gotta think they'd look great.. :-\ no?
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »

Has anyone added Chrome Agitators to Spiced Rum? And if so do you have pics? In an older thread I was in on a few month's ago about this same weight issue, someone had mentioned they saw the chrome on Spiced Rum and was not impressed. I personally like the chrome better but now I want to see them before i lay out the cash (no exchange program up here that i know of)... they look so good on blue and TS... ya just gotta think they'd look great.. :-\ no?

NO...I saw the chrome agitators on a Spiced Rum in the shop in a dealership in Alabama when I was down there for business last fall.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me at the time and didn't get a pick.  I think the chrome agitators look outstanding on the TS and the Blue, but, IMO, don't look good at all on the SR.  I think the contrast wheels were meant for the SR.  After seeing it in person, there's no way I would put the chrome wheels on my Cap'n Morgan.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 21 queries.