Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Have I missed a thread?  (Read 4272 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Re: Have I missed a thread?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »

I have the little plastic tool that looks like an open end wrench. It snaps on the filler tube and holds the vapor barrier up higher so the foolsafe is fooled
TJ

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »

I have the little plastic tool that looks like an open end wrench. It snaps on the filler tube and holds the vapor barrier up higher so the foolsafe is fooled
Vapor boots?  Vapor barriers?  Anyone have a pic by chance?  I usually have trouble w/o all these devices.. :oops:...what am I gonna do now?  :nixweiss:  aaarrgh.   :drink:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »

Vapor boots?  Vapor barriers?  Anyone have a pic by chance?  I usually have trouble w/o all these devices.. :oops:...what am I gonna do now?  :nixweiss:  aaarrgh.   :drink:spyder

Here ya go...they are a pain isn the Arse! 
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »

Snake...  Kill it, Kill it...  Snake

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:47 PM »

Thanks Tequila.  Wonder how many states require those?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 10:30:03 AM »

I'm curious what the tool is that holds the vapor barrier boot up off the tank? :nixweiss:

You know Spyder, for years it was only certain countys here in Calif. that I saw those vapor barrier boots.....none of the mountain countys had them.  But the past couple of years I've noticed them more and more throughout many Calif. countys and in other states, also.  They have some forumla for the clean air standard index that requires them if you're in an area that has dirty air.  You could be in an area that only has dirty air several months out of the year (like the mountain counties), then they're going to be required.  It used to be a CARB (Calif. Air Resources Board) thing but I think the EPA has latched on to the standards now. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »

I'm curious what the tool is that holds the vapor barrier boot up off the tank? :nixweiss:

You know Spyder, for years it was only certain countys here in Calif. that I saw those vapor barrier boots.....none of the mountain countys had them.  But the past couple of years I've noticed them more and more throughout many Calif. countys and in other states, also.  They have some forumla for the clean air standard index that requires them if you're in an area that has dirty air.  You could be in an area that only has dirty air several months out of the year (like the mountain counties), then they're going to be required.  It used to be a CARB (Calif. Air Resources Board) thing but I think the EPA has latched on to the standards now. :nixweiss:
it's a little plastic tool that looks like a open end wrench or a tuning fork. You pull the barker back and slide the tool on and it fits between the barker and the large robot that holds it on. I'll send a pict when I get home on Tuesday. I bought this years ago at a shop somwhere, they gotta still make them.
TJ

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »

You could be in an area that only has dirty air several months out of the year (like the mountain counties), then they're going to be required.  It used to be a CARB (Calif. Air Resources Board) thing but I think the EPA has latched on to the standards now. :nixweiss:
I'm sure gonna miss a good snort of high octane when filling up my scooter if that's the case.   :'( spyder

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »

I'm sure gonna miss a good snort of high octane when filling up my scooter if that's the case.   :'( spyder

That may be what their goal is.....hell, and all this time I thought it was about clean air. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

whats worse than that is the gas can spouts. ca has req a special one that is real a pain in the kulo. cant use them without a big hassle and spillin gas all over-doesnt make sense but thats calif
 :bananarock:

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »

Was on the fuel crew last year for the 9/11 ride that went to the 3 crash sites.Vapor boot is a real PITA when you're fueling 30 or 40 bikes.The ones that are just a rubber boot aren't bad but one of the states had ones that had to be compressed for the gas to flow
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »

Here is the pic of the 'tool' I have. I think I picked it up at a rally in 96 or so

TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 10:41:39 AM »

Have been looking for info on this but I may be missing it.

You may have missed this one.....scroll down to Reply #6 and click on that link......  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=1080.msg32693#msg32693

West Coast GTG   

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

Nice

That was the answer I was looking for. No, really..   LOL

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

Nice

That was the answer I was looking for. No, really..   LOL

Thought you'd enjoy that. :2vrolijk_21:

They used my 02 Ultra Classic, my 02 Harley truck and my 05 wife for that photo shoot.  :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.