Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Whad you pay for ur FLHXSE2 $$? Coming from Australia, ride around U.S.......?  (Read 2246 times)

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black

Hey JT
Looking to take a run across the US in 2103 myself - are you going on your own or in a group? Was gonna book with the Heavy Duty Mag tour but heard about a few issues.
Don't need a partner in crime do you?

Hey Cowboy,

I shipped with the Heavy Duty group twice but never again will I do that, just didn't get good service. I shipped my scooter over to the South Island of NZ last year with GET ROUTED (Dav Mulligan) and found him to be very honest,reliable and reasonable with his rates.The good thing with him is that he takes all the hassle out of having the scoot insured and road registered for the country that you will be entering not that I couldn't do it myself but I like you run a very busy business in the construction industry and my time is valuable so I let the experts do the work for me. I have spoken to Dave about my next trip in 2013 he ships into the Northern part of the west coast now and I will be starting to set out the areas Id like to visit again and also some new destinations within the US and  Southern Canada from that point on.Ill probably get over to Milwaukee for the 110th anniversary as well,it is a bit of a hike but what the hell its a ride thats well worth doing Harley really puts on a great party and the American people are all very friendly and obliging to us foreigners. Ive been to Sturgus twice now and could quite easily bypass that this time around not that theres anything wrong with it its just that it takes me a week to get over the partying.(biggest time i have ever had was in the Broken spoke saloon ahhh but that a nother story).

Oh Dav tells me the cost would be a bit over 3500 in his containers if I leave the bags and all on the bike,he puts em straight in so cant fit as many in one container.You could pull the front wheel from the bike get it in cross ways and would cost a bit less.
The only down side Cowboy is that you are without a scoot for at least 6weeks either side of the journey while it is on the water.

Hope I have been of some good to you.

JT

"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Well, Thank all of You for your input....

American has the scenery to make it worth the trip.  Anyone done the Alaskan Highway?  Is that just too much for a Street Glide trip?

I think with the cheaper prices of Harleys, and the shops everywhere, I am resigning myself to buying the same bike over there.  When I am done I can sell it or put it on consignment at HD somewhere.

Worst case?  Maybe it does not sell and it makes me come back the next year.... :orange: :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you for all the pictures of the Western States ride.  It was spectacular...!!! 

Cowboy in Australia, horses and Harleys...  Not sure there is anything much better..!

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock

I got my Black diamond/ Crimson for $31,883.50  :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?

Also Anyone done the Alaskan Highway?   Is that a bit too ambitious on a Street Glide???

Having ridden this road I would suggest that it is not a matter of being too ambitious...just that there are a lot of other places I would pick prior to this one if your time here has been limited...

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Jock, Like your style....   :2vrolijk_21:  Toilet seat up, right on.....  They can put it down if they need to.... :2vrolijk_21: :coolblue:

The Alaskan Hiway, is the scenery not much better than the Rockies say from Castle Rock area in Colorado up to Jackson Hole Wyoming or something like that???  I mean if the country is AWESOME, I could throw say two months at it, like maybe a slow three weeks up, two weeks up there, and three weeks back..  Or is it just to remote and bush camping, when the American Rockies are beautiful enough with cool lodges and bars along the way?

Would I be better off with the same view and a lot more facilities, just staying in the mountains from Arizona to Idaho and have a lot more good places to stay and watering holes to visit...?  Colorado, detour to Las Vegas, and north to Jellystone and the like?  What do you say Dude... ???

Cheers from Oz....   We have a lot, A LOT of big empty and flat fugly, in between the breath taking scenery here in Oz...  Like going through 2000 miles of flat southern Texas to get anywhere...  There are a few mountain ranges, but NOTHING like the Rockies and Grand Tetons.  Here we have the big NOTHING, called the Never-never because you NEVER want to go there...  Ha ha...  At least there you have breath taking scenery and good Cowboy bars.  Here we have a constant hazard of kangaroos on the road from dusk til dawn, and stinking hot days...  Mind you there is some fantastic scenery here as well, Princess Hiway down south (2500 kms from me)  Blue mountains 1500 kms from me, Kimberlies 4000 kms of hell to get to, and so on... Ha ha...  Almost easier to fly to the U.S. that get to the good places to ride here.  In fact I know it is.  It is about 20,000 kms of beach and rotten roads to get around on...   I mean your WORST road would be a hiway in the Outback here... Patchwork quilt and road hazards of animals........ The only places to ride here are on the East Coast, and like I was saying it is a long way between breath taking scenery...  For Travel pictures of rough Australian Outback, all of you are welcome to visit my Company Forum, FREE, Travel logs of the Outback with Bushtracker on www.bushtrackerownersforum.com
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:43:39 PM by Cowboy2 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.