Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warranty Rules?  (Read 888 times)

M Bon

• Junior CVO Member
Warranty Rules?
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »

What are the warranty rules for motor work? Can HD only do the work? Cam's?

Firewalker

• Firewalker.
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 non-CVO Road King Classic
Re: Warranty Rules?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »

I am doing the fullsac, 2" cores, and TTS installation and was going to put in some 54 cams. My dealership told me on the one hand that the installation would be fine with the warranty except for the cams. I have a 2012 SEEG with 2 miles on it. One the other hand they said they 'sort of' thought that the cam exception 'probably' would not be enforced if anything went sideways on me. I am not sure, but there are two many wiggle words in there for me to be comfortable with the cam installation at this time. For now, I will hold back on the cams. Not to say I am right, just what I have been told.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

What are the warranty rules for motor work? Can HD only do the work? Cam's?

Some dealerships abide by the Magnussen Moss Warranty Act while other dealerships create their own rules that are in conflict with the MMWA.  The MoCo has also gone both ways on different warranty issues.

My wife and I both have cams, TTS Tuner, baffles, etc. and she had her complete motor replaced while I had mine completly rebuilt from the flywheels up.....both under warranty and no issues.  Both were due to scissored flywheels, which they have a track record of this failure.  Mine is a 110" and my wife's is a 96".

So, while most dealerships here in California abide by the MMWA, other dealerships back east will not do any warranty work if you've done a tuner, A/C and exhaust. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Boxman88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • States
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »

My take on the Warranty Deal is it has to d with the dealership that you purchase the bike through. If you read the warranty it doesn't cover any modifications to the bike. The extended warranty reads that the Extended Warranty is VOID if modifications are done. Only covers stock bikes. (Exhaust, Tune, Cams Pistons) all void ESP. The better the relationship you have with the dealer, they take care of their customers. Never had a issue on any of the 5 HD's  I've owned and all have had exhaust, tune..... done. All serviced at the same dealership. My CVO rolled out with pistons, cams, exhaust and tune.  Good luck.
Charcoal Slate / Carbon Dust
HD Super Tuner / Custom Map
VH Power Duals / H.O. Slip On's
121 Torque 111 Hp
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 944 Rear

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.