Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Mustang solo seat with a backrest and some style  (Read 24214 times)

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Mustang solo seat with a backrest and some style
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:08 PM »

Looks great.  I really like it.  Comfy? :2vrolijk_21:

Yes

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »

Nice looking seat, TFB! I think Mustang has the best backrest mounting system of any I have seen... pops on and off easily, and is adjustable up/down and forward/back easily, and the backrest swivels on the mount.

I had a big Mustang Regal on the old Evo and we both loved it. If I ever needed another seat - Mustang would be at the top of my list.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »

texas fatboy  are you still lovin your seat after some miles? without the pass pillon is it possible to keep the factory fender ribs?? im lookin for a solo seat for the few times i can ride alone yours is the shapest ive seen but i wanna keep the factory fender strips  thanks terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

texas fatboy  are you still lovin your seat after some miles? without the pass pillon is it possible to keep the factory fender ribs?? im lookin for a solo seat for the few times i can ride alone yours is the shapest ive seen but i wanna keep the factory fender strips  thanks terry

Sorry I had already taken them off before I bought the seat, so I don't know.

Hammbone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

What kind of handle bars you runnin on that pretty thing, seat looks good!!!!
Semper Fi

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »

What kind of handle bars you runnin on that pretty thing, seat looks good!!!!

Krome Werks 12" x 1" part #300025
http://www.khromewerks.com/

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »

How is the width of the nose of the seat compared to the stock seat?  Thanks.

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »

How is the width of the nose of the seat compared to the stock seat?  Thanks.

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »

Thanks TFB.  Me thinks I need to make a visit State side or call in a favour from a friend in Houston.

If you have any buddies in California, I just did business with C&C and they were wonderful. My husband got the reach seat for his street bob, and he loves the design from Carl Bbrouhard of the three crosses, so he had that done in snakeskin with the sides in snakeskin, he did the backrest and detachable pillion all with the design.

For my Scarlett, I really wanted to have her stand out, but there is already so much bling and beauty, I didn't want to add another element with the seat design......so.... I had them take the tribal pattern off the fender which sort of reminds me of an angel anyway, and I had them match the embroidery in the pinstripe red, and put that on my seat and backrest.  I had them do Ostrich for the sides, then had a cutout on the sides, all with the red stitching.

I know , I know, have to get pictures, but problem is I have been in California having surgeries and I am stuck here recuperating. I saw the saddle and I think I was right not to add anymore new stuff, the design ties in really well.  But I can't test out the seat on my bike for a while yet. I maybe won't be riding again until November, and I am probably going to need strength training or PT. I have atrophied a lot during this block of time.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »

If you have any buddies in California, I just did business with C&C and they were wonderful. My husband got the reach seat for his street bob, and he loves the design from Carl Bbrouhard of the three crosses, so he had that done in snakeskin with the sides in snakeskin, he did the backrest and detachable pillion all with the design.

For my Scarlett, I really wanted to have her stand out, but there is already so much bling and beauty, I didn't want to add another element with the seat design......so.... I had them take the tribal pattern off the fender which sort of reminds me of an angel anyway, and I had them match the embroidery in the pinstripe red, and put that on my seat and backrest.  I had them do Ostrich for the sides, then had a cutout on the sides, all with the red stitching.

I know , I know, have to get pictures, but problem is I have been in California having surgeries and I am stuck here recuperating. I saw the saddle and I think I was right not to add anymore new stuff, the design ties in really well.  But I can't test out the seat on my bike for a while yet. I maybe won't be riding again until November, and I am probably going to need strength training or PT. I have atrophied a lot during this block of time.

It is great to see that you are back on the forum.  :2vrolijk_21:  I hope your surgery went well and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!  It must be tough not getting to ride your Scarlett.   :-\. Do post pictures of your new seat when you are up to it.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

Has anybody tried the pillion with the fender ribs on and does it fit?  I really like the look of the seat, backrest and pillion and the stock seat is killing me, but I don't want to take off the fender ribs. 

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »

texas just ordered mine from the site you reccomended now i wait thanks
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 12:48:23 AM »

Just ordered it too.   Waiting is the hardest part.....

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 01:36:36 AM »

Got my mustang seat, wide tripper diamond stitch pattern. Looks pretty sweet on the bike but have yet to take it for a ride. Can't find it and I'm sure the answer is no but anyone know if they make a matching sissy bar pad?

DougsCVOGlide

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »

Got my mustang seat, wide tripper diamond stitch pattern. Looks pretty sweet on the bike but have yet to take it for a ride. Can't find it and I'm sure the answer is no but anyone know if they make a matching sissy bar pad?

I have this exact same set-up.  What they have as an option is another backrest slot available in the passenger seat and you order another adjustable backrest (or use the front one) as the sissy bar and pad.  If you want this option I'm sure Mustang  would exchange the rear as long as it is perfect - new condition and you were going to upgrade!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 22 queries.