Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 1987 FXRC Introduction  (Read 6837 times)

Ms Tedi

• My Street Dream & California Girl & Mardi Gras

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTC-SE Candy Cobalt & Starlight Black wi Copper and Blue Pinstriping
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2 "Mardi Gras" Yellow Blue & Red
    • CVO3: 2009 FXDF-SE Black Diamond & Fire Quartz 1987 FXR-C
1987 FXRC Introduction
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »

Sorry I didn't even think to intro myself to the FXR group as mine is a 1987 FXRC that I have had since Valentines Day 1987.  Long Story..  But she is not my 1st HD and she is not the last...
She is very sweet and a real screamer. She has a hopped up 80 cc moter with SS carb Super Trapp 2 into 1 stainless steel exhaust.  Cerani fat forks.  Dual front brakes.  Solid back rim and blue mag because she has a blue frame.  She is my pocket rocket and is the only bike I have kept.  All the others I have sold for different reason but she is my keeper.   She has 2 sets of sheet metal so I can change paint jobs while one is being painted the bike is never down.  Corbin is my seat of choice.  No windshield No bags.  I go with a jacket straped to the handle bars to keep the wind off my upper body.  Since California is a helmet law state I wear a full face Arai Quantum Helmet.
I do love my '04 and '09 SE's but the '87 is still the baby.
Please do not tell me this thread is worthless without pics... It's just to hard and it takes me to long to load them. 
So that is my introduction.

Ms. Tedi
That California Girl
1987 FXRC
2004 FLHTC-SE
2009 FXRD-SE

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 1987 FXRC Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »

Sorry I didn't even think to intro myself to the FXR group as mine is a 1987 FXRC that I have had since Valentines Day 1987.  Long Story..  But she is not my 1st HD and she is not the last...
She is very sweet and a real screamer. She has a hopped up 80 cc moter with SS carb Super Trapp 2 into 1 stainless steel exhaust.  Cerani fat forks.  Dual front brakes.  Solid back rim and blue mag because she has a blue frame.  She is my pocket rocket and is the only bike I have kept.  All the others I have sold for different reason but she is my keeper.   She has 2 sets of sheet metal so I can change paint jobs while one is being painted the bike is never down.  Corbin is my seat of choice.  No windshield No bags.  I go with a jacket straped to the handle bars to keep the wind off my upper body.  Since California is a helmet law state I wear a full face Arai Quantum Helmet.
Please do not tell me this thread is worthless without pics... It's just to hard and it takes me to long to load them. 

Ms. Tedi
That California Girl
1987 FXRC
2004 FLHTC-SE
2009 FXRD-SE

Great hearing about that cool FXR Ms Tedi! I love em hot rodded out, and yours sounds like a real winner!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Looking forward to hearing foeward from ya more on this board, and checking out that slick lil rocket's pics! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »

I am sorry, but are you a female.....wouldn't want to assume anything....ie: "Ms. Tedi", "California Girl"......
The reason I ask, is that I said in another "THREAD" here just the other day where are all the "Lady FXR" riders....so perhaps you have "answered" the call, or perhaps, your not a "female" of which I will appologize.

Ok....SO welcome to the site.....glad you are introducing yourself......I like the idea of the "leather coat" acting as your windshield.

It's also grand to read about someone running a Super Trapp 2:1 on their FXR, how is that for "loudness"?  I am assuming it must be real nice since you have the "tuneable" discs and could run an "closed" end cap if you chose, perhaps you are or perhaps you are not?

Welcome......and thanks for the introduction......take a peek at the the "FXR CHATTER" THREAD in this FXR Section and you will be able to meet some others quickly as well....

How many miles do you have on your '87 FXRC?

Regards,

Tim

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »

Ms. Tedi
That California Girl
1987 FXRC
2004 FLHTC-SE
2009 FXRD-SE

Ms. Tedi...Glad you came and shared your info with us. Please don't be a stranger and check out the "FXR HISTORY" thread in this FXR section started by FXR2evo99 (Tim); I think you will enjoy it...Blaine

Semper Fi Sean!  (Florida Marine)

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »

Ms. Tedi, welcome to the site.  Please feel free to become a "regular" here.

Ms Tedi

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTC-SE Candy Cobalt & Starlight Black wi Copper and Blue Pinstriping
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »

Yes I'm a girl
Here is my picture with my '04 SEEG taken 2 weeks ago at the Covered Bridge in Bridgeport California. 

I have been on the CVO site for a while but I never looked at the FXR as that baby is prety much a done deal.

I was looking for hop up advise for my new '09 FXDF-SE.
I was hoping someone had some experience with maping and gearing as mine has a  32t and It takes to long to ramp up.  I hardly ever use 5 or 6th gears.  I think the 09 needs a little more grunt and go to keep up with my 87 and my '04.   I'm working on it but if anyone has any info let me know.   Thanks
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:42:12 PM by Ms Tedi »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »

Well all of us are happy you jumped over here to the FXR Section.....you have a really nice "stable" of bikes....
Hopefully you will continue to jump in.....

I actually have a excel spread sheet that I could send you or perhaps you can down load it from here.....if you plug in your actual gearing (comp sprocket "T"ooth size, clutch shell basket/ring gear "T"ooth size, rear wheel sprocket "T"ooth size, transmission "T"ooth size as well as rear wheel diameter) then it will factor RPMS and such which would aid you in determining what level of gearing you might benefit most from........then if you wish to ponder some other options for your comp gear or your clutch shell basket gear or perhaps your secondary gearing which might require a different belt you can see what might create the biggest bang for your buck.....which may address some of that lack of "power' you may be experiencing.

I actually have played around with my primary gearing in my 2002 RKC and went from 3.15 gearing to 3.37 gearing so with some effort we probably could help you figure out some options....as well as others here.....the $400.00 modification to the primary gearing in my 2002RKC has proven to be some of the "best" money I have ever invested for a "performance" enhancement.....

I will try attaching the excel spread sheet I am referring to, to see if it will "attach" or not and if you can get it to work great, if you can't perhaps we can figure it out through some e~mails.....my personal e~mail is provided within my profile feel free to e~mail me if you like.....

As for mapping I am not capable of being much help at all....I barely understand enough to keep my head above water on my 2002 RKC but gearing I get.....for both FXR's and for Road Kings....but some of that logic can be applied over to the particular bike you are asking questions about.....lol.

Regards,

Tim

Regards,

Well it appeared to attach below, you should see it with the "paper clip" next to it down below.......hopefully you can open it and use it, I suppose that's another story...lol
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:13:58 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:08:11 PM »

Well all of us are happy you jumped over here to the FXR Section.....you have a really nice "stable" of bikes....
Hopefully you will continue to jump in.....

I actually have a excel spread sheet that I could send you or perhaps you can down load it from here.....if you plug in your actual gearing then it will factor RPMS and such.....then if you wish to ponder some other options for your comp gear or your clutch shell basket gear or perhaps your secondary gearing which might require a different belt you can see what might create the biggest bang for your buck.....

I actually have played around with my primary gearing in my 2002 RKC and went from 3.15 gearing to 3.37 gearing so with some effort we probably could help you figure out some options....as well as others here.....

I will try attaching the excel spread sheet I am referring to, to see if it will "attach" or not and if you can get it to work great, if you can't perhaps we can figure it out through some e~mails.....my personal e~mail is provided within my profile feel free to e~mail me if you like.....

As for mapping I am not capable of being much help at all....I barely understand enough to keep my head above water on my 2002 RKC but gearing I get.....for both FXR's and for Road Kings....lol.

Regards,

Tim

Regards,

Well it appeared to attach below, you should see it with the "paper clip" next to it down below.......hopefully you can open it and use it, I suppose that's another story...lol

Most excellent spreadsheet Tim. Thanks for posting it! How's the accuracy of the guy's calcs?

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »

Howie~~

I have found them to be SPOT on.....but let's face it.....at best our individual "tacs" are always prone to error...where as this spread sheet is a math formula not prone to error really. 

But to answer your question I have found the attached "excel" spread sheet to be spot on.

LOL but have you ever really attempted to R&D this stuff, what I mean is going down a highway while trying to read one of those mini tacs that we put on our RK's compare it to mph and keep from KILLING YOURSELF lol lol lol.....I have....lol testing my bike in every gear within every 250 range of RPM's it took hours and I almost ran out of gas, (done on a quiet country road) my eyes were bugging out....LOL trying to remember a couple of different RPM levels and stopping and transfering memory to paper....oh and let's not forget that I lost one piece of paper to a gust of wind...and  had to start over after I was nearly finished the first time.....LOL....but you had to know this right? LOL? you did right?

So to answer your question I did do a "real" road test to determine the accuracy and like I said I found it spot on....but as I also said for emphasis sake tacs are prone to be off by as much as 150 rpms which wouldn't be uncommon at all......

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:24:29 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »

Howie~~

I have found them to be SPOT on.....but let's face it.....at best our individual "tacs" are always prone to error...where as this spread sheet is a math formula not prone to error really. 

But to answer your question I have found the attached "excel" spread sheet to be spot on.

LOL but have you ever really attempted to R&D this stuff, I have....lol testing my bike in every gear within every 250 range of RPM's it took hours and I almost ran out of gas, (done on a quiet country road) my eyes were bugging out....LOL trying to remember a couple of different RPM levels and stopping and transfering memory to paper....oh and let's not forget that I lost one piece of paper to a gust of wind...and  had to start over after I was nearly finished the first time.....LOL....but you had to know this right? LOL? you did right?

So to answer your question I did do a "real" road test to determine the accuracy and like I said I found it spot on....but as I also said for emphasis sake tacs are prone to be off by as much as 150 rpms which wouldn't be uncommon at all......

Regards,

Tim

HeHe!!! You just ain't right man!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »

HeHe!!! You just ain't right man!!!

Howie.....it's only taken you about 500 posts to realize this....my buddy knew it 21 years ago.....lol and when he reads this he will be shaking his head....up and down.... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »

HeHe!!! You just ain't right man!!!

Howie.....it's only taken you about 500 posts to realize this....my buddy knew it 21 years ago.....lol and when he reads this he will be shaking his head....up and down.... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

I surely did Tim. Just seemed appropriate to mention it now! And frankly, none of us here ain't right, with me at the top of the list!!! ;D ;D ;D :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Ms Tedi

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:24 AM »

Tim
I love the spreadsheet.  It will definitely make my life easier.  If and when I make the change I will let you know how it comes out. 
I was just thinking of changing off the transmission but your idea of changing primary sprockets may be the better way to go. 
Before I change anything I am going to change out the pipes and reprogram the EFI.
Just waiting for rain to keep me in the garage.
Thanks
Ms. Tedi
That California Girl.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »

Ms. Tedi~~~

Glad you found it helpful.....but don't stay away you can always join in the fun with all of us FXR folks at:

FXR CHATTER <~~~~~~~ CLICK, VIEW, & READ

We all would love to hear more about your FXR stories.....

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »

A BIG WELCOME to ya Ms. Tedi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're GLAD to have ya !!!
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 25 queries.