Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Arrival Time  (Read 13879 times)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
Re: Arrival Time
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 03:42:17 PM »

Yaahoo
I got the call last night. Someone dragging their feet and I was next on the list. (at MSRP) It has been here a couple of weeks and I can pick up anytime. I go signs some papers tomorrow, see it they can add some goodies its a done deal.

Thinking about Vance and Hines slip-ons, Air cleaner kit, and performance chip for starters. Don't know if they will do it before the first 500 miles but I'll ask.

Any suggestions on the performance chip???? Dealer says HD makes one that is adjustable or something.

Comments Please  

Just in time for the MMA Sacramento Toy Run on the 14th

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=6.gif]

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 05:11:30 PM »

I ended up using a power commander.  Don't know if it was the best move.  I got the stage one air upgrade and put on the rinehart true duals.  HD did not have a fuel injection map for that combo.  THe other option was to get a race chip upgrade wich was $200 more than the power commander.  In the first 200 mile the power cammoander seems to be performing well.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 11:11:48 PM »

Congratulations Kingsalmon!  Where did you get it, Salinas?

You can go with either the Power Commander or the Harley Davidson Race Tuner.....rather than the chip.  I had the PC on my Ultra Classic and up untill HD just came out with the Race Tuner, it was the only way to go for fuel injection.  There are preferences for both.  Stop by a couple shops and talk to the mechanics and get there opnions.....talk to your friends.  I'd say that either the PC or the RT is a better way to go than the chip!

Exhaust wise.......just an FYI.....a 2 into 1 exhaust will out perform any dual exhaust.  There are several out there, Thunderheader, Vance & Hines, White Bros.  My opnion.....I'm going with the V&H 2 into 1.

Good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 07:28:09 AM »

04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 07:32:59 AM »

Exhaust wise.......just an FYI.....a 2 into 1 exhaust will out perform any dual exhaust.
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 07:57:15 AM »

fyi- for thw past 2 years i,ve been  buying my parts,assesories from chicago hd, call toll free #1-888-338-6868 ask for parts dept. 20% off and no sales taxs for me it a 28.25% savings (less shiping )  you can also buy on line but i like getting persons name ,date,time, and i follow up on order .if parts in stock 3 days to my frount door. if they order from company7-10 days  you need to order from part # know what your buying so you don,t have to hassel returns--------i,ve saved $1,555.00 to date off retail  don,t know how long they will continue this offer     picking up my new addition 12/4/03     regards,ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2003, 11:41:29 AM »

Thank for all the info. Fremont HD is where the bike is. The Race Tuner is what they recommend, I will most likely go with that.
I am worried that I will get too loud of pipes and won't be able to hear the stereo. My partner has the 2 into 1 V&H on an Ultra and he doesn't have any problem hearing the stereo.

I will go down in a couple of hours to finalize the deal. Order the stuff. I think I get 10% off parts and a couple hours free labor for buying from them. I'll go that way until I buy the next bunch of stuff, then I'll try Chicago.

I think they are soaking me on the setup fee. $900. I'll bitc& at them a little but don't know if it will work.

I am excited and freaked out all at the same time.

[smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif]

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 03:35:46 PM »

Good luck, you'll love the bike. The  chip your talking about HD is the Racing Module it's great in that anything you add, heads, airbox, pipes, etc.  can be tuned to your bike. Its adjustable. And works very well put mine in with pipes and air box at 900 miles and a world of difference. The bike can breathe much better.
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 05:35:14 PM »

Just got back from the dealer, I ordered the Race tuner, V & H slip on pipes, and the air cleaner kit.
They through in a free dyno when I get 1000 miles.

Set up fee was $459. Not $900. Still costing me $35000 out the door.

Should have it in a week. I could have taken it today, but figured I'd leave it until its done. I may go take it for a ride on Sunday if the weather is good.

thanks guys

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 11:08:11 PM »

picked mine up  today took 30 minutes everything was ready to go went the longer way home on coast(hy 1) sun was out ,rode along ocean stop at moss landing for fish&chips poped in cd what a great ride -kepted  the revs up 28-32k  couldn,t keep my eyes off the tac. up to speed in a heart beat can,t wait for 501 miles  ------ak--
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2003, 09:27:17 AM »

ak just reading your post.....man, I was right there with you!  Cept I would of had to stop in Capitola, too.

I know what you mean about watching that tach.  If I need any warranty work later on they sure can't say it was because I didn't break it in correctly.

I picked my Ultra Classic up in Sacramento and rode it all the way back to San Jose (where I was working in 2000) and never took any freeways or highways and never over 50 mph.  Man, it was a long as ride that normally takes two hours.  I had a smile on my face the whole way, thow.  Stopped at Livermore HD on the way and found a whole wad of money in my pocket that I thought was after all the bills were paid.....so it got spent (almost a grand).  When I got to Mountain View I realized that I had just spent the rent money for the little cottage that I was renting there (my home is in Sac).  Life's rough when you have a new bike.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2003, 04:58:15 PM »

I know what you mean about watching that tach.
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 06:09:29 PM »

I Just picked up the bike yesterday. I had V&H oval slipons, se air cleaner, and race tuner installed before I picked it up.

I am very happy with it so far. Too much wind to the ears for me (5'10"). I saw an 8" chrome and and 8" black chrome windshield on JPCycles.com I might get one of those.
I'll take the 9" off my Ultra and see how that feels and looks before I spend the money.

Can't wait to get it broke in so I can romp on it a little. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 09:09:07 PM »

Damn, can't wait!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 09:10:03 PM by jfscheck »
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2003, 09:08:22 PM »

I got a "shipping date" today.  My bike is supposed to ship on Friday, Feb. 27th.  If everything goes as planned, I should be riding it out of there on Sat. Mar. 6th!

And the dealership is FULL of motorcycles but no Screamin Eagles.  I've been doing business there for about 20 years or so and I've never saw that many motorcycles in therer, before.  It'll be nice to have a motorcycle that is still unique.

The salesman told me that he'd heard a rumor that next year it will go back to the Road Glide platform for the CVO bagger.  Yea baby.....make ours just that much more valuable.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.