Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Honest negotiating price discussion  (Read 18697 times)

swhalen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Honest negotiating price discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 09:06:39 PM »

I (we) need help.   I am looking at purchasing a 2019  SERG.   I do not have a trade and the dealers are stuck on list price with a 1599 set up and only 15% off about $5500 of add on stuff .

I am wondering  what others are seeing and/ or if I should push harder on this.  BTW this is a cash deal.

You would think they could do better than that.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL SEEING OUT THERE?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Don’t think they care personally. They know if you don’t buy it then someone is ready too. Harley dealers are very let’s say independent when it comes to their bikes. I payed over on mine and put $7000.00 into it before I drove it off the lot and yes I got 15% off my parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MakoCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »

They aren't budging BECAUSE you are paying cash.  Dealers make money from financing, and that's a part of the "deal". I paid MSRP, ZERO for setup since the factory reimburses the dealers for freight and prep.  FACT.  Remind your dealer of this nugget of info. 

15% of $5,500 is a fair deal, very much what most offer.  If you are spending $5,500...another 5% is $275.  I would advise you figure out what the labor is going to be for all those add on's.  That's where they will get you.

Everyone has a right to a fair deal, but the prep fee...has to go. 
2019 CVO Road Glide
2018 Anniversary Breakout - sold
1995 Fat Boy - sold

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »

They aren't budging BECAUSE you are paying cash.  Dealers make money from financing, and that's a part of the "deal". I paid MSRP, ZERO for setup since the factory reimburses the dealers for freight and prep.  FACT.  Remind your dealer of this nugget of info. 

15% of $5,500 is a fair deal, very much what most offer.  If you are spending $5,500...another 5% is $275.  I would advise you figure out what the labor is going to be for all those add on's.  That's where they will get you.

Everyone has a right to a fair deal, but the prep fee...has to go.

The MoCo pays the dealer for prep.  They do not reimburse them for freight/destination charge, or whatever else they may call it.  So prep is not a legitimate charge, freight is.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »

The MoCo pays the dealer for prep.  They do not reimburse them for freight/destination charge, or whatever else they may call it.  So prep is not a legitimate charge, freight is.

Jerry

x2
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »

Jerry

Thanks. Good thoughts

Powermaker

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »

I just bought my RG CVO yesterday, had a trade and we got those numbers where I needed them first, then worked on the purchase of the bike. I didn't finance either, so basically I got it for $200 under msrp, and $500 voucher to be used for parts/service/whatever, plus 15% off parts. And I squeezed them as far as they were going to go. Hope this helps. BTW, no prep fees, my dealer will tell you it's bs and they never add them into their price. Just tax/title/license and a couple hundred for doc fees to pay the paperwork lady.  Hope this helps.
2019 Road Glide CVO Mako

ehale33

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 11:52:05 AM »

I bought my CVO limited last Saturday, I drove 120 miles to pay for a bike they didn't have yet but I got $1500 off msrp and I got my first 3 services 1000, 5000, and 10000 mile free and they will come pick my bike up service it and bring it back for free, and since I bought it before the end of the month they gave me $350 to spend on anything in there store, I think it was worth the drive. Oh! and they are going to deliver the my new bike Monday, I don't have to drive up and get it.

ultrarider123

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »

I bought my CVO limited last Saturday, I drove 120 miles to pay for a bike they didn't have yet but I got $1500 off msrp and I got my first 3 services 1000, 5000, and 10000 mile free and they will come pick my bike up service it and bring it back for free, and since I bought it before the end of the month they gave me $350 to spend on anything in there store, I think it was worth the drive. Oh! and they are going to deliver the my new bike Monday, I don't have to drive up and get it.

Didja get it at Redstone HD?  Huntsville is about 120 miles up from you.  Heard mostly good about them.  Sounds like a good deal for you.  You know we will need pictures when you have it... :2vrolijk_21:

ehale33

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »

Didja get it at Redstone HD?  Huntsville is about 120 miles up from you.  Heard mostly good about them.  Sounds like a good deal for you.  You know we will need pictures when you have it... :2vrolijk_21:

Got it from Natchez Trace, I did call Redstone and they wouldn't go below msrp, I will post pictures in a few days

ultrarider123

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 01:01:29 PM »

Got it from Natchez Trace, I did call Redstone and they wouldn't go below msrp, I will post pictures in a few days

Just outside Muscle Shoals...been a while since I was in that part of AL.  Looking forward to the pictures... ;D

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »

2018 or 2019?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2018, 12:08:11 PM »

Doc fees are another profit item as the paper lady or paper guy doesn't actually get that money. The car dealers and MC dealers have been charging Doc fee's for years that every buyer ends up paying on the purchase agreement after negotiating. Anyway IMHO Doc fees are BS. And you will find some are less and some are way more than others.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2018, 02:01:39 PM »

Doc fees are another profit item as the paper lady or paper guy doesn't actually get that money. The car dealers and MC dealers have been charging Doc fee's for years that every buyer ends up paying on the purchase agreement after negotiating. Anyway IMHO Doc fees are BS. And you will find some are less and some are way more than others.
i generally i ask early in the conversation  if the dealership charges doc fees. if,the answer is yes i tell them right then and there we cannot do business.

ehale33

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.