CVO Technical > Twin Cam

110 lifter failure, recommendations on RELIABLE build

(1/8) > >>

Jbbrown73:
The 110 has given it up after a measly 32k. Since it's got to come apart I want it put back together in a configuration that I don't want to have to worry about for about 60,000 miles at least. Can I get some recommendations on a good build that's reliable and makes good power and torque. I am thinking 117 build. What's opinions on gear drive cams, head work, etc...? The majority of the miles are highway at 80+. I also pull a trailer some times, so torque is important. I am rarely over 4k RPM so I don't need horsepower at super high rpm. It's a Road Glide Ultra so it's a heavy bike. It's a wet head so I know that creates some limitations.

busarealfast:
I went with screamin eagle 117 kit with the redshift 587. Made sure the foundation was s&s flywheel. Lots of torque.

CVO Couple:
Out of curiosity, which is the cause of the failure the lifter or cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbbrown73:
Haven't taken apart yet. It's above my abilities, so it will be going to S&S Speed Shop in metro East STL for the work. It's still running, just making a hell of a racket, so I hope it's not come completely apart and sent metal through the entire engine.

J.D.:

--- Quote from: CVO Couple on July 27, 2020, 11:25:31 AM ---Out of curiosity, which is the cause of the failure the lifter or cam?

--- End quote ---

Generally the roller of the lifter fails.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version