CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Zippers 587 or TTS 100 cam only stage II

(1/3) > >>

jsfenster110:

I know there are a lot of cam threads.  This is my 7th Harley so I read a lot and try and learn.

I had a 2016 CVO SG and ran the 100s.  They were fantastic for a cam only 110.  Zippers now has their 587 and it is specifically designed for the 110.  There are not many builds on any of the forums.

Early torque, fast revving and a good pull to 5,000 is what I am looking for.  I have the rinehart h-pipe slimline duals and COBRA race pros 4".  Yes I know, there are better pipes but I just bought this bike and it has this combo on it. The sound is amazing!

This time around if is a 2015 SGCVO.  I love these bikes.

busarealfast:
Been there done that.  The stock 255 in the 110 pulls harder down low. I'm still running the 587 but upgraded with the se 117 big bore kit. Now it has the similar power band the 255 did with a lot more torque and horsepower.

HD Street Performance:
Something has to give when you have a 6° later intake close than the SE255 and likely slower ramps so longer seat to seat timing. The combination becomes more pipe dependant too. So it could have great early torque with that cam but it will take a tuner that adds more timing where needed and a baffle on the smaller size to have it all so to speak. It takes a whole system to obtain desired results, cams do not work by themselves. There are not good cam brands or bad or a great do everything cam. Think good combinations of parts and tune.

fastfreddy:
im at 51k miles on my 110 w/dx pipe and 1.75 cores TTS (FS map) and thinking its time to freshen up the motor, witch of these cams would be a better choice... goal is to keep TQ high under 3500 rpm not interested in big HP just  great touring manners. also lifters bleed down easily and want resolve this issue   

HD Street Performance:
Raise the compression up a little on the rebuild and you can use a little longer cam and have it all. Steve George uses the TTS and Andrews 54. The TTS 150 is a cam that will make great torque but still be in the game after 4,000 rpm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version