CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Who's Running Iridium Plugs?

(1/2) > >>

J.D.:
I switched over to the iridium plugs and "performance" (non-EFI suppression) plug wires years ago.  I've read this is ok on the carbureted (but maybe not EFI?) engines.  Bike has never run better.

Just dawned on me that they've been in for, sheesh, I don't even know really how many miles, maybe 15,000 or so.  I've never checked or cleaned them.  But then again they're supposed to go over 100k in the cars, and I don't check them either.

For those running iridiums in the Twin Cams, assuming you have a good a:f tune and aren't burning oil, etc, how often do you clean and/or replace them?

GregKhougaz:
The search function is your friend.   NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

J.D.:
Wow.  Alright then.  Message received.

rayson56:
I switched to the Iridiums at 30K along with a new set of 10mm Screamin Eagle wires and I'm at 37K now. I wasn't expecting more of anything except maybe longevity. I couldn't believe the condition of the 2 inside original plugs, they were barely tight and didn't look great AND apparently HD doesn't take the time or expense to use any Dielectric grease because the boots were a bitch to get off the plugs. Neither seemed to have any noticeable adverse affect on performance......or did it?!?

HD Street Performance:
Wires on a bagger will need to be changed periodically because they wear in the clips under the tank. OEM fits the bill and the same with spark plugs. Delphi ion sensing works and is happy. Just my opinion in the sea of them. A topic with the same passion as oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version