Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish  (Read 23389 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »

Just ordered a case through the vendor, as I didn't read all the way through the thread.  I too thought the shipping was pretty high, but at the time I thought it was the only option... :'(  I guess that's why you need to read all the way through the threads.

I have the Harley stuff too.  I'll check the ingredients to see what is different.  Both claim the same type of cleaning prowess on the can.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »

Thanks for the rec.  I picked some up the other day, it is good stuff.  7 n change with tax.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

Henry graciously gave me two cans of this stuff at CHL on Thrusday. I think I'll take my Mequiars Quick Detailer and throw it in the trash can. This is some really great stuff. I just ordered two cases because I'm sure it will become one of my favorite products. The stuff really does and awesome job.

Thanks Henry. :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2008, 07:56:10 PM »

Henry graciously gave me two cans of this stuff at CHL on Thrusday. I think I'll take my Mequiars Quick Detailer and throw it in the trash can. This is some really great stuff. I just ordered two cases because I'm sure it will become one of my favorite products. The stuff really does and awesome job.

Henry, how much was the stuff with the Honda name on it?  The OEM for that is some distillates manufacturer whose overall name I know forget.  They market it under a selling vendor name of Amrep though.  I get the product at www.hondadirectline.com for $5.95 per can.  Orders of $100 get free shipping and no handling charges.  Have found it cheaper elsewhere.  With the freight figured in this has always been the best overall price I've seen though.  Even has the same label on the cans.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 08:24:25 AM »

Henry, how much was the stuff with the Honda name on it?  The OEM for that is some distillates manufacturer whose overall name I know forget.  They market it under a selling vendor name of Amrep though.  I get the product at www.hondadirectline.com for $5.95 per can.  Orders of $100 get free shipping and no handling charges.  Have found it cheaper elsewhere.  With the freight figured in this has always been the best overall price I've seen though.  Even has the same label on the cans.

The price got, after $27+ in shipping was about $6.30 delivered. You place looks to beat that by a few. It would be nice to get away from the rip-off shiping I paid.

I've called Amrep, which is only about 10 miles from the house and tried every angle I could to buy direct, even getting set up as a dealer, but unless I have a showroom, they wouldn't budge. I was even looking for scratch and dent stuff, nope.

Maybe hd-dude, Rjob or Puzzled could set something up with them and I could work on 50 case lots and ship USPS from the house. I'm sure we could come up with something better than what we've currently go going on.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2008, 11:24:34 AM »

I bought a half case of the Amrep stuff that looks exactly like the Honda spray detailer (except doesn't say Honda on it or have the lemon smell).  I had the Honda spray detailer before and this stuff works exactly the same.  Got it online from Birnardi Parts for $5.50/can + shipping.  http://www.bernardiparts.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=08C25-P011M-NXTGEN .  I swear by this stuff, and have a can in the hard bags and also carry a couple in the toy hauler. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

Are you guys using this over a "Glared" bike? Does it upset or replace the Glare you've previously applied. All that work putting on that Glare, be a waste if it's consumed by the Honda Spray Polish afterwards. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »

Are you guys using this over a "Glared" bike? Does it upset or replace the Glare you've previously applied. All that work putting on that Glare, be a waste if it's consumed by the Honda Spray Polish afterwards. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

I don't "follow the crowd" Howie and use Glare.  I use Turtle Wax Ice and it doesn't seem to affect it one bit.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »

I thought once Glared, no more care....Almost dropped the 80$ on it until I saw the 80$...The honda cleaner works good if you HAVE to get some bugs guts off( I carry it aboard down here)...Not to substitute for washing..

REGGAB

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Yes.  No worries.

REGGAB

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »

Don't remember how much the Honda name cost.  I paid close to $80 for my case shipped.  $6.67 per can.  Found that deal on eBay.

REGGAB

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »

Yer welcome.  Glad you like it.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »

OH chit!!

NOW, it's not only being on the site that spends yer $$$ it's meeting at a GTG with a CVOHarley member *sighs*   :huepfenlol2:

Henry you rock!! Chief told me about his attempts to aquire this liquid gold but NO go. Leave it to backwards bagger to save the day!!! ;)
I like shiny stuff!

REGGAB

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »

OH chit!!

NOW, it's not only being on the site that spends yer $$$ it's meeting at a GTG with a CVOHarley member *sighs*   :huepfenlol2:

Henry you rock!! Chief told me about his attempts to aquire this liquid gold but NO go. Leave it to backwards bagger to save the day!!! ;)

I don't know about all that now, Cheri.............but I honestly do try to help.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2008, 02:20:20 PM »

I don't know about all that now, Cheri.............but I honestly do try to help.

Are you kidding?? Watching you and Ken patiently wait with Mav after our sweetly planned ride bit the dust to back him up and help in anyway?? Ya'll are heroes in my book!! That's what CVO family is all about! *hugs the heroes*
I like shiny stuff!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.