Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody have a good source for Plexus by the case?  (Read 2183 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Anybody have a good source for Plexus by the case?
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

I checked the Plexus website and to order it from them, it's about $2.50 more per can than some of the other places I have located.  The best price I have found thus far was $11.45/can for 12 - 14 oz cans.  I use it on about everything except the tread on the tires, so it seems like I am always running out.  Time for me to start buying it by the case, but even at $11.45/can, that's $137/case, so it's worth looking around for the lowest price.  At the same time, I guess it's unlikely that I would go through 2 cases in a year.  I guess I'll just pay the piper, unless someone has a good source for better pricing.  I've tried a lot of other products, but I keep coming back to the Plexus.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

Re: Anybody have a good source for Plexus by the case?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »

I did just try the Pledge (orange pledge) and it does a really nice job.  I'll still use the Plexus, but I may try using the Pledge for more of my cleaning, since it's a lot cheaper and seems to leave a very nice shine...probably the best I've seen on this bike.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »

Found Plexus here    http://www.properautocare.com/plexus.html   at $11.99 + 15% off and free shipping until May 31, 2009

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »

Found Plexus here    http://www.properautocare.com/plexus.html   at $11.99 + 15% off and free shipping until May 31, 2009

I've found that I can still purchase Plexus cheaper than that by the individual can locally.  I've started using Original Spirits cleaner now, as it is much cheaper.  I don't like it nearly as much as the Plexus, but it does work and a can of it lasts me what seems to be 3 to 4 times longer or more than the Plexus.  The Plexus seems to dissolve bugs much better and it's a lot easier to wipe off, so there's much less effort involved with the Plexus.

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

Dave just my 2 cents worth...... I clean my entire bike with a glass cleaner from Binswanger Glass Co. It is a auto and residential glass company in our area, I believe they are all over the USA. It cleans the chrome streak free, it is great on the painted parts and if I spray it on the bugs on the windshield and bat wing then wait for it to dissolve I can virtually wipe them right off in one wipe. Best price it is $3.89 a can. I pick up a case of 12 at a time. Once again my 2 cents worth.
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:26:28 PM »

Dave just my 2 cents worth...... I clean my entire bike with a glass cleaner from Binswanger Glass Co. It is a auto and residential glass company in our area, I believe they are all over the USA. It cleans the chrome streak free, it is great on the painted parts and if I spray it on the bugs on the windshield and bat wing then wait for it to dissolve I can virtually wipe them right off in one wipe. Best price it is $3.89 a can. I pick up a case of 12 at a time. Once again my 2 cents worth.

I can't find their glass cleaner on their website.  They mention it and say that it's made by Spray Way Inc., but I couldn't find the product.  I looked at Spray Way's website also, and all of their products show the Spray Way name on them.  Is it ammonia based?  I thought that was bad for these windshields and eventually leads to a cloudy windshield.

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »

I can't find their glass cleaner on their website.  They mention it and say that it's made by Spray Way Inc., but I couldn't find the product.  I looked at Spray Way's website also, and all of their products show the Spray Way name on them.  Is it ammonia based?  I thought that was bad for these windshields and eventually leads to a cloudy windshield.

Not sure! I have used it on three HD's in the past 4 years and no issues yet. I will check on the can and see if it is ammonia based and follow up with you.
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »

Not sure! I have used it on three HD's in the past 4 years and no issues yet. I will check on the can and see if it is ammonia based and follow up with you.

Either way, I may check around for it and see if I can find some to use.  But I also want to make sure it's not something that will cut through and clean off the wax on the bike.  I'm not sure if an ammonia based product will do that or not.  I guess I'd know real quick if the water stopped beading up the way it does now.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:05 PM »

Water works, with small amount of soap, and is basically free. Good thing you don't keep bike very long, that ammonia is not so good for paint. Good luck on saving a few minutes with inferior products. Better stick to soap/water/human effort if you want it to last.
Don't believe me, go ask the quality painter at the best quality paint/body shop in your area.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.