Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Stuck on bugs??????  (Read 20270 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Stuck on bugs??????
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

Without going through all the pages of this thread I'll toss in my 2 cents. A wet dryer sheet works wonders. I also wax mine with a product called Rejex. Got it at a local Ace hardware. Designed for boats and airplanes and chit like that. Easy on, easy off and even helps keep the dust off. Airlines use it to help prevent the soot from the engines building up on the planes.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:50 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Lot of good suggestions here. I use the Harley Bug Spray a lot. I spray on and let soak for 30 seconds or so then wipe the heavy ones off lightly, getting what I can off then spray again always using a clean area of the microfiber towel. When the bugs are gone I clean with Meguiar's Quick Detailer. I wax with Meguiar's quite regular too. All this is what I call the Rag Bath, when I don't have time to do the whole wash thing. I just heard about the dryer sheet thing some where else and thought I'd try it on the chrome forks, head light, ect. I wet a used one, scrubed lightly, followed with a wet mico then dried with a mico. Works Great! Not trying that on the paint though! Sorry for the book! Ride Safe and Clean  ;D

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »

Dr. D, please keep us informed, that's an interesting alternative...

We are(were) going about this backwards. Don't let the bugs get a hold in the first place.This Opticoat is the answer. My life loves it and has all the others wanting this coating. The bugs do not stick to it and it beads water better than a BP oil slick. I had it put on my sports car and at the first wash was going to pressure rinse the front end to see if the bugs came off as easily as the detailer said they would. I got lazy and did not hook up the pressure washer and just turned the hose one it with a finger over the end to focus the spray. 95% of the bugs fell off without a rag in hand. I am getting it on all my cars and bikes. I have learned a lot from this guy from "Trushine". My professional detailer even criticized my microfiber rags saying they were worn out and holding particulates that would damage paint. There are a lot of ways to mistreat these painted surfaces.

I hate to tell you guys but if you look closely at  your clearcoat it is trashed. You need a paint correction with a cutting polish followed by the Clearcoat protection . No need to wax for four years. No I am not a paid spokesman just thrilled with the product.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2012, 01:35:05 AM »

We are(were) going about this backwards. Don't let the bugs get a hold in the first place.This Opticoat is the answer. My life loves it and has all the others wanting this coating. The bugs do not stick to it and it beads water better than a BP oil slick. I had it put on my sports car and at the first wash was going to pressure rinse the front end to see if the bugs came off as easily as the detailer said they would. I got lazy and did not hook up the pressure washer and just turned the hose one it with a finger over the end to focus the spray. 95% of the bugs fell off without a rag in hand. I am getting it on all my cars and bikes. I have learned a lot from this guy from "Trushine". My professional detailer even criticized my microfiber rags saying they were worn out and holding particulates that would damage paint. There are a lot of ways to mistreat these painted surfaces.

I hate to tell you guys but if you look closely at  your clearcoat it is trashed. You need a paint correction with a cutting polish followed by the Clearcoat protection . No need to wax for four years. No I am not a paid spokesman just thrilled with the product.

Website or dealer info?
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue

Mongo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Electra Glide Ultra, Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

I lay a microfiber towel over the batwing and drown it with water. Then I let it sit and begin rinsing off the rest of the bike. By about five minutes on the batwing everything pretty much hoses off.  ;D

Mongo

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2012, 12:20:55 AM »

Used the wet towel for the longest time and loved it till I tried the peroxide trick.
I spray the wing and front end parts down liberally, then  hose most of the foaming bugs  off.
The rest come off when I go over everything with a wash towel.
I just love all the smart people on this site.

Just sayin

Big Dave 

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »

Used the wet towel for the longest time and loved it till I tried the peroxide trick.
I spray the wing and front end parts down liberally, then  hose most of the foaming bugs  off.

Just sayin

Big Dave 
What is thr peroxide mixture? 50/50 with water? And you do spray it on the painted surfaces too?

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »

I'm sorry but can not help.

I have always wondered why I can ride my bike and hit every bug imaginable.  Drive my van or pickup with 5 times the frontal area and have less bug splatter.     :nixweiss:

Works GREAT!!!
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »

I carry the small prepacked bug remover wet napkins from HD with me. I try to get the bugs of every night, only takes a few minutes.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:51 AM »

Just sayin

Big Dave 

HUH   :nixweiss: I have never heard of this one
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2012, 01:48:51 AM »

HUH   :nixweiss: I have never heard of this one
Neither have I.....I'm assuming it's just a weak drug store concentration...cause there's high concentrations at pulp mills that'll set your leather boots on fire on contact.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.