Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TTS cam estimator settings  (Read 1464 times)

gyver

• CVO1: 2008 FLHPE Big Sucker intake, TTS, Rush duals, SEII (64910-99) mufflers
TTS cam estimator settings
« on: August 09, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »

The provided cam settings in TTS file DTQ205-03-A0 (for 1690 A/C and race exhaust) are intake open: 20 BTDC close: 40 ABDC

My research indicates the stock cam in my 103 is the same as the 96's: intake open: 12 BTDC; close: 30 ABDC

Following the instructions in the estimator, I had figured "just prior" 12 BTDC to be 13, and "just after" 30 ABDC to be 31.  Transferring these into the configuration does not affect the intake open setting (it wouldn't change to #5 until 11 BTDC).  31 did make the intake close setting go to #2 (changes at 33 ABDC).

Has anyone else encountered this and have recommendations?

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
Re: TTS cam estimator settings
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »

Following the instructions in the estimator, I had figured "just prior" 12 BTDC to be 13, and "just after" 30 ABDC to be 31.  Transferring these into the configuration does not affect the intake open setting

IMO, you were correct in setting the estimator as noted.  Get the bike up to operating temperature, then do a few Cam Tune Data Recordings using DataMaster; and when you run the Analyzer per the instructions, you should see exactly where to then set your IVO.

Here's one that was set to IVO=3, and IVC=3 using the estimator.  As you can see, CT Data Recordings yielded the first break point was at 2.  So, I set the IVO to 2 in the ECM Tuning Constants/Cam Selector and left IVC=3.

HTHs

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:35:48 PM by WVULTRA »
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.