Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Tyre pressure for 2011 CVO Street Glide  (Read 19233 times)

rodgersd

Tyre pressure for 2011 CVO Street Glide
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »

Just picked up my black and orange Street Glide today. I'm from Australia and owner's manuals were not shipped with the bikes and just hoping you guys can tell me what the recommended tyre pressure is for the front and rear.  I had a Road King but guessed that because of the 19" front wheel the pressures would be different.
Thanks for your help.
Dean

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: Tyre pressure for 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »

Hi Dean
Congrats on picking up the new ride - I pick up my new CVO next Thursday - I've also bee informed that the owners manuals did not arrive & will follow up later.
All the best
Glen.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Rudy T

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:47:03 AM »

Hi Dean & Glen,

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Picked up my 2011 Black Cvo Street Glide about 2 weeks ago (no manual supplied and dealer is waiting for shipment).

Running 36 psi in front & 40 psi in the rear (solo riding).

How are you guys coping with the "hot foot syndrome to the right leg" due to the catalytic converter in the header pipe?

Waiting for my new V&H Power duels and hi output slip ons. Dealer has also talked me into getting the SE Pro 110 Performance upgrade kit (page 24 of SE catalogue, due in on 25th October).

Rudy
Sydney
Regards
Rudy

lance100

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 06:36:32 AM »

Rudy T, I am about to pick up my CVOSG next week from Frasers in Newcastle.  How bad is the heat issue on the right foot?  I am trading my 2010 Road King classic in that also obviously had the cat in the same location and no heat probs whatsoever.  Is it really that much worse on the 110?  I have also heard that our bikes are tuned differently to the US makes and run richer and cooler (when stock).  Also no need for a SERT, that the ECM will handle the pro tuner and high flows OK?  Any comments guys.  Also!!!!!! :worthless:

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »

I've gone for the V&H high output slip ons, race tuner & decent dyno tune - My shop tells me not to bother with the power duels unless I start chasing more power with cams etc. Will report on any undue heat if the issue arises - My dealer assured me that I'll not have the same issues as our brethren in the US as the bike are in a different state of tune.

Cheers
Glen

PS - a few pics of the bike awaiting me at the dealer - slips ons fitted - they appear very open - the sound is tops.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:40:16 AM by glenpick »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »

Gotta get the cat out of the headpipe...that really helps the heat issue....Fullsac X pipe and a good tune.

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 06:26:53 AM »

Yep , I took delivery of my FLHXSE about  2 weeks ago and same deal - no owners manual!
But for the PD the guys at the bike shop  had ut 36psi front and 39psi rear and the bike feels OK so far . Safe riding!

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 06:38:09 AM »

Hey Glen, these pipes look awesome ! Hope they sound as good as they look!
I really liked the look of the original pipes on my bike , but it sounded way too tame.
I got Peter Turner at Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals in Brisbane to modify the original pipes for a nice deep rumble and that true Harley sound. He did a great job on them , albeit that they are bit louder than I normally run , and the cost was significantly less.
It would be great to see how you go with your pipes after a few longer runs.
Safe Riding.

Dave

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »

Hey Dave
My father in law used Peter Turner to modify his stock exhausts on his softail deluxe - he did a great job - I highly recommend this guy - Looking forward to picking up the bike this Thursday & trying those pipes out.
Cheers
Glen

Rudy T

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »

As you know the weather has not been that hot in Sydney lately. After about 10 mins of riding I can feel my right calf getting uncomfortably hot. I'm only wearing my normal riding shoes and not high leather boots. Still this heat issue never arose on my 15th Anniversary Fatty (it didnt have a cat in the exhaust period).

Dealer is fitting the V&H High Output slip on's tomorrow (like Glen's in the photos). Still waiting for my Power Duals to arrive at the end of month. Hopefully that will solve the "hotfoot syndrome".

Good news, my bike manual has arrived at the dealer today.

Rudy
Regards
Rudy

lance100

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »

Hey Rudy, once you get out on the road with just the slip ons, can you give us a feel for the heat  as well as the performance issues.  I would dearly like to get away with only fitting the H/O slips ons and no other mods (after $46K!!), but am keen not to do any damage in terms of lean running, but also see if the heat issue goes away.

Lance

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:42 AM »

Guys I also felt the hot right calf affect  when I first picked up my bike, but made the assumption that some of the heat was radiating through the metal of the air filter cover (?) , as it was getting pretty warm to touch.
But now I have the "new" pipes on that Peter Turner modified for me, the heat is not as bad. I haven't touched the Cat in the header pipe.
I went for a 350km run yesterday , and I didn't notice the  hot right leg at all!
 It was a fantastic day to ride , clear blue sky and about 24 degrees with a light SW breeze.
It does get much warmer up here in QLD so I will let you know how it goes as summer sets in.
I will post a couple of picks of my pipes in the next day or so , and try to show the new baffles. The pipes externally are the original equipment , but  you cant see the core pipe as easy . But they sound great!!!
They still don't look as good as Glens pipes though!!!! They are awesome !! ;D

lance100

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 05:05:32 AM »

Guys, if you want a set of pipes like Glen's, you can get them through M&M cycles in the US for $509 US, which with our $ so high, is a pretty good deal.  Maybe not as cheap as Pete in Brisbane, but a pretty good deal for the that quality of H/O slip ons!

lance

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:09 AM »

Thanks for the info Lance , I'll have a look at M&M Cycles.
As you say with $ value at the moment the price is right.
Cheers

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:38 AM »

Was going to buy the pipes through the US until my dealer told me that I would immediately void my warranty if they were not supplied & fitted by the local dealer - I found no point in arguing any further as they were adamant that a voided warranty would be the outcome - that's part of the reason i did not get the power duels - I'll await the warranty to be over & then buy them - I wonder if owners in the US get the same hassle? I offered to supply all the parts to my dealer so that they could fit them & conduct the dyno tune - but the same steely response was given.

Sucks big time as I had to pay $999 for the same pipes. Yes I got a discount but.......

Will be interesting to see how Harley new prices will hold given the US / AUS $$ parity. Should we still pay $46K here for the same CVO Street Glide???

On the heat issue - my dealer has also fitted the race tuner in conjunction with the HO slip ons & dyno tuned the bike - according to the dealer there is now no issue with the bike running lean & should mostly eliminate the heat issue - the ability to alter the fuel curve via the race tuner via the dyno tune is the key here.
There are issues in fitting the slip ons only without the race or similar tuner i.e power commander, V&H fuelpack.

All will be revealed in 2 days when I finally pick mine up.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Glen

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:38:04 AM by glenpick »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.