Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Pricing  (Read 14005 times)

Pete

• Full CVO Member
Pricing
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »

Guys:
I visited / called five dealers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and got three different prices for the CVO SG.
Two were $37,300, one was $34,200 and the one I purchased from was at msrp. Last place I did not stay long enough to hear the number. What have been your experiences in different parts of the country? 

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »

All of the dealerships that I'm aware of are at MSRP and sales are exceeding expectations.  Seems like someone forgot to tell the boys up in Taxachusetts and New Hampshire that there will be a winter again this year.  Maybe they can build some CVO snowblower attachments for those high priced bikes.... ::)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

Checked with two dealers in the Denver metro area for a 2010 CVO Streetglide. One wanted +$2500 over MSRP.
High-Country HD is a MSRP dealer. Guess which one earned my business.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:17:11 PM by michaelbmenaker »

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »

MSRP....no more.

2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »

I live in NH and had to go to Ocean State Harley way down in RI to buy my SERG at MSRP. Boston Harley wanted 41k, told them to sh*t in their hat. And Seacoast Harley in N Hampton NH wanted a few grand over MSRP. Shopping around saved a ton of money. Just doesn't make sense that N Hampton wouldnt sell me the bike, I use thier service dept all the time. I try to build a relationship with the dealer and that's the thanks you get.....
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »

Ocean State Harley Warwick RI. Even back in the boom days when every other dealer were getting over msrp. Ocean State stuck to msrp. good dealer KB
kb

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »

KB, you were the guy that sent me there. Saved me big $$$$$, thanks!
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:11:52 PM »

I live in NH and had to go to Ocean State Harley way down in RI to buy my SERG at MSRP. Boston Harley wanted 41k, told them to sh*t in their hat. And Seacoast Harley in N Hampton NH wanted a few grand over MSRP. Shopping around saved a ton of money. Just doesn't make sense that N Hampton wouldnt sell me the bike, I use thier service dept all the time. I try to build a relationship with the dealer and that's the thanks you get.....

LOL, you drive down to RI from NH to gt a deal, Me and my friend bought CVO bikes at Manchester HD because of Ocean State's pricing. Weird................

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

I was surprised about Seacoast as well. I expected Boston Harley to suck (and they did- was the dealer I walked out on) but I as well do a lot of business in North Hampton and have bought bikes in the past from them. They were I think 4 over msrp. Laconia was 2 or so over.
I have a cabin in the North Country and on the 27th the day Harley came out with the lineup after I got the numbers from these other guys I called Littleton Harley and asked if they would get a CVOSG. I told them to call Harley and demand they get one - just because they are a small place doesn't mean they should not be able to grow their sales base. Harley came through. Bike will be delivered 8/10. Msrp no freight no setup. Did you guys hear that Bruce Rothmier the guy that owns Boston Harley and Daytona Harley died in a head on with a semi out at Sturgis this week?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:12 PM »

I was surprised about Seacoast as well. I expected Boston Harley to suck (and they did- was the dealer I walked out on) but I as well do a lot of business in North Hampton and have bought bikes in the past from them. They were I think 4 over msrp. Laconia was 2 or so over.
I have a cabin in the North Country and on the 27th the day Harley came out with the lineup after I got the numbers from these other guys I called Littleton Harley and asked if they would get a CVOSG. I told them to call Harley and demand they get one - just because they are a small place doesn't mean they should not be able to grow their sales base. Harley came through. Bike will be delivered 8/10. Msrp no freight no setup. Did you guys hear that Bruce Rothmier the guy that owns Boston Harley and Daytona Harley died in a head on with a semi out at Sturgis this week?
Yes, see this thread - Just was told Bruce Rossmeyer killed in MC accident for info.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »

Wow that's too bad. Sorry for all.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »

Dang!  They ate the freight on a CVO?  Cool.  :coolblue: See if ya can get 'em to pay the sales tax also.  :-[ har!  :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »

AAAH - there is no sales tax in New Hampshire!

fxstbharley2008

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 06:31:59 PM »

MSRP at RPHD, Raleigh, NC.
I have my Street Glide on order Candy Concord!
Got to wait to end of OCT / NOV - 2nd phase of orders.....
I think I am going to go broke.....Crazy??
   :huepfenlol2:

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »

Me too brother... Candy Concord and broke.. coming up with 32 large by next week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 21 queries.