Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Tequila Sunrise - No Ship until December '09 ???  (Read 11839 times)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Tequila Sunrise - No Ship until December '09 ???
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »

October 6th for my new one. And just a point, not one picture I have seen does this color justice! It was a very nice sunny day at the showing in S.D. All I can say is " WOW " this color has Way more flake in the sun than the other two. My brother has a Yellow pearl 05 Road Glide, which really shines in the sun and he could not believe the metal flake in the sun. I am replacing my 06 Road Glide in black pearl.

YesItsLoaded

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:16 AM »

Great! Where are you located and who/where is your dealer?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

I'd like to see natural lighting real life photos of the Tequila Sunrise.  Anybody? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

Talked to my dealer, Richmond HD, Glen Allen, VA, yesterday, he's got a Tequila Sunrise scheduled for delivery in September and a Spiced Rum in November.  Neither have had a deposit put on them.  He decided to forego the Concord SESG on the first round and got an extra Spiced Rum as he said they have problems selling blue bikes for some reason.  :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »

Talked to my dealer, Richmond HD, Glen Allen, VA, yesterday, he's got a Tequila Sunrise scheduled for delivery in September and a Spiced Rum in November.  Neither have had a deposit put on them.  He decided to forego the Concord SESG on the first round and got an extra Spiced Rum as he said they have problems selling blue bikes for some reason.  :nixweiss:

That's interesting.  The Spiced Rum are the SESGs that are sitting in  the dealerships while the Candy Concord are being snapped up right away, out here. :nixweiss:  Still anxious to see that Tequilla Sunrise..........is it a red or an orange?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:38:35 PM »

That's interesting.  The Spiced Rum are the SESGs that are sitting in  the dealerships while the Candy Concord are being snapped up right away, out here. :nixweiss:  Still anxious to see that Tequilla Sunrise..........is it a red or an orange?

The color is both orange and red with a whole bunch of a greenish (official paint speak) metallic. Here is a pic from Sturgis

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »

Another

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:30:56 AM »

wow great pictures... I can see why they did not paint the inner fairing that color.... a little to much.. I like how the pin stripping disappears....   I can not wait to see the candy concord though... have money down on that color....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

I thought it was too, but I was talking to their Sales Manager and he's the one that orders the bikes and the colors.  From what I can tell, he's right too.  The blue bikes seem to sit on the floor a lot longer there than the other colors. Both in CVOs and non-CVOs.  Reds and Black are their most popular colors.  That's why he's not concerned about getting the Tequila Sunrise and another Spiced Rum.  He knows they will sell before they hit the floor.   Don't know, maybe it's just the Richmond, VA area.   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

The color is both orange and red with a whole bunch of a greenish (official paint speak) metallic. Here is a pic from Sturgis

Ooof.  That is a very bright color..!!!   :o  Way too bright, as a primary color, for me.  8)

2012 FLHXSE3

Snowrdr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 01:27:13 AM »

So according to my dealer my bike was to be shipped today 9-18  :bananarock: :multi:

Oh thats right I forgot I still need to sell my 07 Serk :rifle:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:29:03 AM by Snowrdr »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 06:55:57 AM »

So according to my dealer my bike was to be shipped today 9-18  :bananarock: :multi:

Oh thats right I forgot I still need to sell my 07 Serk :rifle:

Looks like you'll just "have to" keep it!

My better half drew the line when I approached for the finances to get my SESG - "one of the bike has to go". If I could get another one past her I'd have your SERK in a heartbeat - DAMN sharp bike. Oh well, I think she is being more than reasonable in supporting my addiction. I really didn't mind getting rid of this one, I was gonna wind up in the ground or in jail had I kept it. We dubbed it the sickness of the quickness ... absolutely scary fast.

TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »

Interesting on the blues being gobbled up. I was in Stauton, Va a couple of weeks agoand the had a blue one on the floor. I needed to see the color in person, the web site doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get a sales guy to pay attention to me, no matter how many times I sat on the bike. The rental guy said the bike had been on the floor for two weeks!  :pineapple:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 02:00:08 PM »

Interesting on the blues being gobbled up. I was in Stauton, Va a couple of weeks agoand the had a blue one on the floor. I needed to see the color in person, the web site doesn't do it justice. I couldn't get a sales guy to pay attention to me, no matter how many times I sat on the bike. The rental guy said the bike had been on the floor for two weeks!  :pineapple:

sounds like the dealer over in Davenport... you can do nothing to get the attention of the sales people... they are to busy doing something at their desk.... but one of the real salesmen I talked to one day says they have a bunch of unsold bike in thier warehouse from years past....

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

It's not just Staunton...there's a blue sitting on the floor at Orange, VA too.   My dealer, Richmond Harley, won't even order a blue SESG.  The sales manager says that blue bikes are their slowest movers and so for the cost of a SESG, he's getting another Spiced Rum instead of a blue, and that's spoken for.  He's got a Teq Sunrise coming in next month, and that's still available.  He didn't even order a blue SEUC this year....he's got a red/charcoal and orange/burnt amber sitting on the floor...but can't keep a SESG...in fact he can't keep Street Glides on the floor...they must be really popular in the Richmond area...he does have a 2006 SG on consignment, but it's been sitting there for awhile because it's, guess what, blue....amazing.
 :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.