Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Switching to LED's in Frt Turn Signals  (Read 2442 times)

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
Switching to LED's in Frt Turn Signals
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »

So we all know the 2009 SERG and 2010 SESG rear turn/stop lights are LED's, so I can only assume some kind of "load equalizer" exists somewhere in the bikes electrical system.  So if I change the front turn signals from the standard bulb (1156/1157) to LED's, do I need to purchase a "load equalizer" or will the bike accept LED's (turn signals, license plates, etc) without the normal LED problems (flash rate).

JZ3

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Switching to LED's in Frt Turn Signals
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08:09 AM »

I have not done one yet but it can't hurt to try it without. If its a problem the signals will flash rapidly and the security key in the speedo may illuminate. If it does then just add one into the system.

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:22:26 AM »

I added the Kuryakyn LED's to the front and had to use a load equalizer. The signals did not flash rapidly, but the alarm key stayed illuminated.

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »

I put in a set of Radiantz LED's in the frt left over from my SEEG, they fast blink and the Alarm light stayed on. Had to use a EQ, I used one from Custom Dynamics but had to change out the plugs that came on the eq to the new type ones. Can be bought from HD if you try hard enough or do a search on line for the model and manuf name that is stamped into the connector, possibly by now CustomDynamics has the correct stuff, I did mine quite a while ago.

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:24:30 PM »

Thanks...once I got the first response that a EQ would be required I did a little research and found the Badlands Load Equalizer III (#LE-03-A) addressed the plug and play issue as well as compatability with the TSSM.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

I added the Kuryakyn LED's to the front and had to use a load equalizer. The signals did not flash rapidly, but the alarm key stayed illuminated.
Mods and you're not showing us?  You know the rules..........  :worthless:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »

JCZ...I wish I could send pics.  I have a 3-page parts/mod list that I have already started acquiring.  Looks like I'll have a few thousand dollars in parts sitting in my garage before I ever take delivery.  My Candy Concord does not ship until December :(  The good news is I'll have all winter here in New Hampshire to install them on the new bike.

JZ3

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.