Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle Armor Lid Protector  (Read 3600 times)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: Motorcycle Armor Lid Protector
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »

Mrider and Firedood .. Thanx for the link and pic on these stands .. I'm thinkin I will have a couple sets of these at  the powder coater and mayb back before the week is over . I have another rack that I have used for a long time and made some off of it but I like this a lil better as they seem to hang better as opposed to the lean style that is pretty common .. I can make this rack a bit taller which I think will work better for me as well as makin the wall mount version for in the shop area .. I may even doll em up with some cnc artwork integrated somehow .. Its all about the look .. LOL

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Motorcycle Armor Lid Protector
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »

Mrider and Firedood .. Thanx for the link and pic on these stands .. I'm thinkin I will have a couple sets of these at  the powder coater and mayb back before the week is over . I have another rack that I have used for a long time and made some off of it but I like this a lil better as they seem to hang better as opposed to the lean style that is pretty common .. I can make this rack a bit taller which I think will work better for me as well as makin the wall mount version for in the shop area .. I may even doll em up with some cnc artwork integrated somehow .. Its all about the look .. LOL

Making it a bit taller would not hurt a thing, but I'd probably want to make the footprint slightly wider as the thing would probably be less stable the taller it got.  But desk to counter height would make it easier on old backs.  The slant type racks are nice, especially the ones that fold up and can be put out of the way, but they do not help much with regards to cleaning the bags when on the rack...this type is much better for that purpose, IMO.  There is always room for improvement though...another advantage of a slightly wider footprint would be that you could step on the the square tube to hold the rack in place when feeding the rods through the rubber grommets.   :2vrolijk_21:

Do I get a complimentary "new and improved" version for sparking your creative side?   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.