Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Drying bike with Harley Hog Blaster  (Read 15303 times)

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
Re: Drying bike with Harley Hog Blaster
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »

I can't take credit for that...I learned it from a prior discussion about water spotting, here on this site.  I have hard water here in Alabama, so it spots terribly.  But it does work, and you can do a final rinse from the top down with about 1/2 - 2/3 of a gallon.  Glad to pass the information on though... :2vrolijk_21:

I'm not sure how the cost factor plays out compared to buying a deionizer system.  The old Mr. Clean things worked well, but they don't make 'em any more, though you can still find some cartridges on E-Bay.  Kind of pricey though.  And you can spend a LOT of money on a full blow system.  Griot's Garage has a cannister system that has quick connectors so that you can stick it on the hosepipe for a final rinse, but the replacement cartridges are about $100.  Don't know how long one would last.  Distilled water is cheap enough, and I can pick up a gallon or two at the grocery store when needed.

That's the beautiful part of this site...somebody's already been there and done that on so many things, you can "save money" with a little reasearch reading.

The distilled water in the sprayer is too simple to fool around with something else for a vehicle the size of a motorcycle.

Once again, thanks guys, the experience and knowledge on this site is amazing.

2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

I use a Metro Air Force Master Blaster with two (2) four (4) hp motors.  It creates enough heat through friction that it completely dries your bike.  You will not need to wipe anything!  I'm very particular about getting my bikes absolutely dry.  This unit works great!  I tried leaf blowers but they don't work even close to this machine!  It is a little pricey.  I see them online now for $335.00.  That's less than I paid for mine several years ago!  I use it to dry my caged vehicles as well.  If it broke tomorrow, I'd buy another one!  You don't have to use both motors but it does create more power and heat using both at the same time.  Just don't let go of the rubber hose or you might find yourself running for the switch to turn it off!  Great product!

I have one of those. E$pensive but imho irreplaceable . Can't live without it now.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »

I too, for many years used an electric leaf blower and was satisfied. However, I bought a hog blaster on amazon for $50...it was new but slightly dented.  I must say it works much better, as it blows warm air and gets into the tight areas better than the leaf blower.  seems to blow with more power as well.

highly recommend.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »

I have a brand new one still in the box that I won at a raffle.  I porbably should sell it.  I use an electric 150mph leaf blower, have used it for about 8 years, works great to get the excell water off.  Does not 'dry' the bike.

:<) - X2
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »

I use my backpack gas powered leaf blower. Works great and I see no issues with spewing foreign matter on the bike.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 06:55:41 PM »

I too, for many years used an electric leaf blower and was satisfied. However, I bought a hog blaster on amazon for $50...it was new but slightly dented.  I must say it works much better, as it blows warm air and gets into the tight areas better than the leaf blower.  seems to blow with more power as well.

highly recommend.

I won the Hog Blaster at a raffle and I gotta say that I love this blower.  It has a nice flexible hose on the end that keeps scratches off the paint if accidentally touching the MC and the warm air drys better.  It is also small, electric and very user friendly.  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »

I have a Stihl leaf blower that works great and it even orange....
X2
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »

highly recommend.
Never, Stihl handheld FTW
2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »

I use to use the leaf blower too for many years.  Found a "factory blemish" hog blaster on amazon so I bought it.  Much, much better than leaf blower. Better velocity air and more accurate direction.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

chiefs584ever

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »

Metro air blaster was the ticket for me.  Works much better than the leaf blower I was using previously. 
2004 CVO Electra Glide (pumpkin)
2013 CVO Ultra Classic (tribal orange)
2005 Ultra Classic

Retired Navy Chief

• My XANAX
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »

I have a master blaster but I have not used it since I bought a Griot's garage deionizer.  It removes all the minerals from the water.  After washing the bikes I just let them air dry.  No water spots, now work.  Unbelievable how it works, but with no minerals I the water it will not leave any water spots.  I never regretted that purchase.  David

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »

I've been using my Echo gas power leaf blower on my bikes and cars for 10 years. Works like a charm. Gets the big stuff off and leaves enough drippings to get the towel a little damp to prevent spotting.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Take a look at the Air Shammy.  I've used a leaf blower (gas), and while it will get it done, it awkward to hold and manuever...for me at least.  Plus, it sucks in exhaust and whatever else is in the air.  The Air Shammy has a long flexible hose with a reducing nozzle on the end (flexible rubber), filters the big particles out of the air, and heats the air a bit from pulling it across the electric motor.  If you use distilled water in a garden sprayer, or de-ionized water for a final rinse, all you have to do is blow it dry with the Air Shammy and no rubbing required.

I have to run a dehumidifier in the house basement all summer long.  I get anywhere from 1 to 3 gallons a day of fresh distilled water.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

SLJ

• SLJ
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 12:43:47 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:
My vote for the Air Blaster. I have the small hand-held unit that can fit into a saddlebag etc.
I use the mineral water in a pressurized spray bottle as a final rinse and then just work away with the blaster and a microfiber cloth to trap the water as it runs.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »

I use two small microfiber towels. One pass to get big drops, and a second pass with other towel for final drying. Works perfect. 

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.