Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1171939 times)

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2565 on: April 28, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »

My Wifes not on here so I can say this without grief.  I actually enjoy riding without the extra person on board.  She's very small but it does change the weight and handling of the bike.  Enjoy her going but not 100% of the time which is usually the case anyway.   Guess we ride for different reasons.  I ride for the scenery and enjoyment of the bike and she rides for the social experience.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2566 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »

Got the bikes out of storage last weekend - yes! Still kind of on the chilly side so haven't done any detailing yet. Received an engine kit from AlloyBoltz, Polished Grade 8 stainless steel and plan to do the changeover soon.

ultrarider123

« Reply #2567 on: April 28, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »

My Wifes not on here so I can say this without grief.  I actually enjoy riding without the extra person on board. 

I'm gonna tell...... ;D :yes: :evilgrin: :zroflmao: :mad:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2568 on: April 28, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »

My Wifes not on here so I can say this without grief.  I actually enjoy riding without the extra person on board.  She's very small but it does change the weight and handling of the bike.  Enjoy her going but not 100% of the time which is usually the case anyway.   Guess we ride for different reasons.  I ride for the scenery and enjoyment of the bike and she rides for the social experience.

I think most of us feel the same way....that's why we schedule "guys only" rides.   :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Schnobel

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 aka The Bee
« Reply #2569 on: April 28, 2015, 05:16:06 PM »

My wife has no interest in riding with me. Fell off the back of her Uncle's scooter when she was a kid and doesn't like to ride. He was going slow down her street so didn't get hurt but gave her a healthy fear of them. Throw in 10 years she spent as a trauma tech in a major metro hospital ER where she witnessed the aftermath of 100's of motorcycle accidents, pretty much sealed the deal for her.

Got her on the back of my King in 03 before we had kids. Was a huge accomplishment the couple times she went with me but hasn't been on one since I went head over tea kettle in 05 and totaled the aforementioned RK. Bought the Ultra thinking she would feel safe on the back of it but so far nada!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2570 on: April 28, 2015, 07:37:21 PM »

I can't get my wife off my bike. She loves it back there!  :o

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2571 on: April 28, 2015, 08:50:03 PM »

My wife while we had Children at home rode on back with me about 70% of the time I went for pleasure rides not to work.  I enjoyed her riding with me, and preferred it when she went.

March of 07, right after the youngest moved out, she took the MSRF safety class, and promptly told me she wanted to ride, and her own bike.  April 15 2007 she took delivery of a 07 883 Low.  Said she would still sometime want to ride on back with me, or not go at all.

So, since then five or maybe six times she has been on back of my bike.   :coolblue:

I love that she rides with me most all the time, on her own bike.  I now really do not like riding a passenger any more.

She rides lot's and will out ride a good portion of the men.  Runs the curves hard enough on her road glide that she has scrapped the floor boards more than once.  She will also ride back to back 700 mile plus days with me.

Being off shore working all I could do was look at pictures of my CVO's and think about rides to take when I hit land again.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:51:36 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2572 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »

I can't get my wife off my bike. She loves it back there!  :o

Same here, if I try and "escape" for an afternoon ride she'll almost always catch me before I get to the end of the driveway and then I get "the look". If your married you know what look I'm alluding to  ;)   --- unless I take the Ducati, she rode on the pillion of that one ONCE for about 1/4 mile before telling me to turn it around and take her home, she hates that thing  :huepfenlol2:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2573 on: April 28, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »

Been married for almost 26 years and she has never been into riding with me which is awesome! Her dad was a motor cop for 20 years so she has no problem with bikes or with me riding one but its just not her thing. We will meet somewhere for lunch or dinner while she does her thing and I ride. In my opinion it makes for a very happy marriage. I did used to feel guilty leaving in the morning and riding all day and just meeting up somewhere but around a year ago she went to work in retail at Nordstroms since our kids are all now in college so she now works every weekend so we will have breakfast together and she leaves for work and I go and do my thing completely guilt free. Its never been better!
Alan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2574 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:36 PM »

Fresh coat of Royal Blue!

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2575 on: April 29, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2576 on: April 29, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »

Fresh coat of Royal Blue!
Jesse.... looks like you had some help... or at the least a "supervisor". :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2577 on: April 29, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »

Jesse.... looks like you had some help... or at the least a "supervisor". :D :D

umpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Supervisor!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2578 on: April 29, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »

Been married for almost 26 years and she has never been into riding with me which is awesome! Her dad was a motor cop for 20 years so she has no problem with bikes or with me riding one but its just not her thing. We will meet somewhere for lunch or dinner while she does her thing and I ride. In my opinion it makes for a very happy marriage. I did used to feel guilty leaving in the morning and riding all day and just meeting up somewhere but around a year ago she went to work in retail at Nordstroms since our kids are all now in college so she now works every weekend so we will have breakfast together and she leaves for work and I go and do my thing completely guilt free. Its never been better!

Interesting story.  I'm glad it all works out for both of you.  I know some couples where she doesn't care for riding and it's not working out so well. 

I was asked once (well, maybe more than once) "how do you get away with it......how are you able to ride every weekend and go as far or as long as you want without the issues that some of us have?".  I told him "I've rode all my life....it's who I am and when I meet a woman I don't change or hide that part of who I am.  I let them know right up front.....this is what I do....this is who I am......most of the time you're welcome to ride along if you'd like but sometimes it's just the guys.....other times, it's just me".  So the motorcycling has never been an issue.

It kind of weeds itself out very early in a new relationship....if they don't truely enjoy it then it'll come to the surface in short order.

So what I did today (and all this week) is ride to and from work.  And, as you know Alan, it was 90F today.  Gettin to hot to ride for more than the 25 minutes it takes me to get home.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2579 on: April 29, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »

Ordered another part for it  ;)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 473

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.