Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172189 times)

ultrarider123

Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2595 on: May 04, 2015, 02:44:32 PM »

spent a couple of hours cleaning the damn "Love Bugs" off of it after a hour and a half 100 mile ride
I'm pretty sure that is how they make super glue,
with Love bugs!

went thru a good portion of bug and tar remover

Mike, went through a "nest" of those little boogers in Florida few years back on I-75 toward Tampa.  Shore du make a mess uv tings.  And I thought June bugs were bad.... >:(  Feel for all you-uns that put up with these on a regular basis....as Leonardo eloquently put it playing Howard Hughes concerning aphids "they're just nasty little creatures"....would also describe love bugs

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #2596 on: May 04, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »

First ride of the year, rode to Guilford State Park near Lisbon Ohio. Beautiful day!!

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #2597 on: May 04, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »

Friends 100th Anniversery Springer & my 12 SESG

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2598 on: May 04, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »

Friends 100th Anniversery Springer & my 12 SESG
Mark's Landing. Usually a hot spot for bikes on any nice weekend day. Been there many times myself. Only about a 40 minute ride for me.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #2599 on: May 04, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »

Just returned from my first ride of the year, down to the Texas Hill Country to meet with about forty friends and ride the Three Sisters. It was a blast and the weather was perfect.
My new tune made even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #2600 on: May 04, 2015, 10:04:21 PM »

Just returned from my first ride of the year, down to the Texas Hill Country to meet with about forty friends and ride the Three Sisters. It was a blast and the weather was perfect.
My new tune made even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell yes!  Ride safe!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2601 on: May 05, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »

finally got it tuned with the new Dragos2 pipe and went with a TTS tuner, the tune was with a cocktail of 87 & 91 octain fuel, not a bad deal since i cant always find the 91 and thats how the 87 wound up in the tank. best i can tell is it has a lot more grunt/ throttle response on the bottom end and fuel mileage is 37 to 41mpg range, WFO its still stupid fast. thoughts  :nixweiss:   
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2602 on: May 05, 2015, 06:23:28 PM »

Today was going to be deep clean day for my new acquisition. So as I stood looking at the bike I though they let's start under the seat its always dirty. I was right filthy cleaned right up.   Thinking what to clean next ( thinking is what got me in trouble) I opt to remove the battery and clean under it too. 

Now I have had this bike for all of 2 days, one spent riding it home plus being a guy why bother to see if the owners manual has any advice on this procedure. 

Why because when you unhook the battery the freak in siren and lights will wake the dead. OK now its time to get the book out and find the proper procedure for battery removal. Sure try to concentrate in the garage with all the racket. After about 10 minutes I figured it out. Cleaned under it and put it back in. 

Should have had it on video, many have won Americas Funniest.   I had to look like a rooster doing its dance around a hen when the freak in alarm went off. So much for deep clean.

May need to post this in humor because now it seems funny but sure wasn't when it happened.  :huepfenlol2:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FL CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE in Sherwood Green & Galactic Black
« Reply #2603 on: May 05, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

Simply rode to work. I live about 30 minutes from the base. Along the way, picked up another AF guy, 2 Marines, and a Navy rider, all in uniform on our Harleys. All I could think was - 'MERICA!

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2604 on: May 05, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »

finally got it tuned with the new Dragos2 pipe and went with a TTS tuner, the tune was with a cocktail of 87 & 91 octain fuel, not a bad deal since i cant always find the 91 and thats how the 87 wound up in the tank. best i can tell is it has a lot more grunt/ throttle response on the bottom end and fuel mileage is 37 to 41mpg range, WFO its still stupid fast. thoughts  :nixweiss:

Fred what made ya ride up to Ernie's in Boji? Figured being in the Bluffs area you would have access to a good HD shop?

Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #2605 on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »

Fred what made ya ride up to Ernie's in Boji? Figured being in the Bluffs area you would have access to a good HD shop?

Jesse
J, lets just say the talent pool aint as deep as one would think so i gave Doc1 a shout and he pointed me that direction, Frank also recommended them. thinking about heading up to FD to get a lesson on how clean and wax a bike,  ;) thats my next move...get the poor thing cleaned up

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2606 on: May 05, 2015, 10:44:39 PM »

J, lets just say the talent pool aint as deep as one would think so i gave Doc1 a shout and he pointed me that direction, Frank also recommended them. thinking about heading up to FD to get a lesson on how clean and wax a bike,  ;) thats my next move...get the poor thing cleaned up
Haha. I frequent Ernie's in Algona  (sister store). Tom Schneider is my guy there. He says his boy builds the engines at the Boji location. 

How's the tune?

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #2607 on: May 05, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #2608 on: May 05, 2015, 11:58:19 PM »

Today was going to be deep clean day for my new acquisition. So as I stood looking at the bike I though they let's start under the seat its always dirty. I was right filthy cleaned right up.   Thinking what to clean next ( thinking is what got me in trouble) I opt to remove the battery and clean under it too. 

Now I have had this bike for all of 2 days, one spent riding it home plus being a guy why bother to see if the owners manual has any advice on this procedure. 

Why because when you unhook the battery the freak in siren and lights will wake the dead. OK now its time to get the book out and find the proper procedure for battery removal. Sure try to concentrate in the garage with all the racket. After about 10 minutes I figured it out. Cleaned under it and put it back in. 

Should have had it on video, many have won Americas Funniest.   I had to look like a rooster doing its dance around a hen when the freak in alarm went off. So much for deep clean.

May need to post this in humor because now it seems funny but sure wasn't when it happened.  :huepfenlol2:
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: It's sometimes funny where our OCD will bring us "EH" Jim  :2vrolijk_21: Glad you can laugh about it now My Friend   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2609 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:22 AM »

Marty, it is funny when you think about it.  A grown man dancing around like he has ants in his pants in the garage with a ear piercing siren going off.  Never to old to learn a new trick, when on doubt read instructions prior to proceeding further.  Glad I wasn't flying a airplane.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:36:30 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 473

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.