Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 473

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1172135 times)

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #2850 on: August 15, 2015, 11:48:28 PM »

Fitted the EZ UP Center Stand today that I purchased 2nd hand off Ebay. Really easy to fit and works like a charm. Also fitted the Brukus Saddlebag bolts even though I'm about to get the replacement ones under the MOCO recall. Another really easy mod.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

wrayzor

• Full CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 2013 Anniversary CVO RG #379
« Reply #2851 on: August 21, 2015, 12:41:07 AM »

Installed Dakota Digital speedo and tach gauges. Pretty straight forward install, just hope I got the fuel range set up correctly.
2013 CVO Anniversary Road Glide #379

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
« Reply #2852 on: August 21, 2015, 02:36:41 AM »

I had the Ohlins FKC-101 fork cartridges installed on my Ultra, and I have to say it was money well spent!  Thanks to Brian at Fuelmoto for the fast service! :2vrolijk_21:

I had put the Ohlins 159 shocks in back initially, and it really revealed the inadequate stock, front suspension.  Now that I finally installed the cartridges the bike not only brakes more stable, without diving, handles high speed turns much more stable, and actually provides a smoother ride! :apple:

I'll be enjoying the ride a lot more with a lot less stress on my back! :orange:
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2853 on: August 21, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »

I had the Ohlins FKC-101 fork cartridges installed on my Ultra, and I have to say it was money well spent!  Thanks to Brian at Fuelmoto for the fast service! :2vrolijk_21:

I had put the Ohlins 159 shocks in back initially, and it really revealed the inadequate stock, front suspension.  Now that I finally installed the cartridges the bike not only brakes more stable, without diving, handles high speed turns much more stable, and actually provides a smoother ride! :apple:

I'll be enjoying the ride a lot more with a lot less stress on my back! :orange:
I just did the 159 in the rear yesterday and we did about 30 miles last night to dinner and back. You're right about the front end now. Seems I feel more bumps through the bars then I do the seat now.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #2854 on: August 21, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »

I just did the 159 in the rear yesterday and we did about 30 miles last night to dinner and back. You're right about the front end now. Seems I feel more bumps through the bars then I do the seat now.

I have the "home made" adjustable rear air suspension on mine and you are both correct. Once you get an awesome ride in the rear the front really shows itself as the POS it really is. I have the Harley front cartridges and it still sucks BAD.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2855 on: August 21, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »

Exactly what I was feeling harsh riding, transferred from the weak Harley front suspension components once the back was (Ohlins) stabilized.  Now that the front is stabilized I could re-set the rear settings to balance it out, & not having to compensate (the rear shock settings) for the weak front end.  This lead (to my happy surprise) a smoother ride over all.  I purposely hit uneven pavement and dips expecting the harshness,  but the forks absorbed the pavement with firmness, yet a smooth ride.
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2856 on: August 21, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »

I have the "home made" adjustable rear air suspension on mine and you are both correct. Once you get an awesome ride in the rear the front really shows itself as the POS it really is. I have the Harley front cartridges and it still sucks BAD.

Sorry to hear that.  I haven't ridden the Rushmore bikes, but will do so just for comparison. :nixweiss:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2857 on: August 21, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »

Today I gave the bike a new pair of sneakers, i had a new front an rear tire fitted - went with Michelin Commander II's this time since the rear Dunlop cupped...... again ..... this time I only got 10,000 miles on the rear before it started to howl in the corners. but then again the first one only lasted about 12,000 miles before it also cupped. I did get 22,000 out of the front Dunlop though.

It aggravates me to replace a tire with plenty of tread depth left in the center third of the tire because the side tread cupped so bad. Maybe if we rode more highway miles and less backroads the tire wouldn't do that  :nixweiss:  But then that would be no fun  ;D

"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2858 on: August 21, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »

Today I gave the bike a new pair of sneakers, i had a new front an rear tire fitted - went with Michelin Commander II's this time since the rear Dunlop cupped...... again ..... this time I only got 10,000 miles on the rear before it started to howl in the corners. but then again the first one only lasted about 12,000 miles before it also cupped. I did get 22,000 out of the front Dunlop though.

It aggravates me to replace a tire with plenty of tread depth left in the center third of the tire because the side tread cupped so bad. Maybe if we rode more highway miles and less backroads the tire wouldn't do that  :nixweiss:  But then that would be no fun  ;D

Dunno about that. We've put 9,000 on ours since taking it out of the garage in April. OH to TX and back. A trip to WV, another to PA and numerous long day trips. Lots of highway miles on this bike already and my rear tire is starting to hum.  Seems as though the center gets worn before the outside and that's causes the cupping. Just a guess on my part.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #2859 on: August 21, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »

Dunno about that. We've put 9,000 on ours since taking it out of the garage in April. OH to TX and back. A trip to WV, another to PA and numerous long day trips. Lots of highway miles on this bike already and my rear tire is starting to hum.  Seems as though the center gets worn before the outside and that's causes the cupping. Just a guess on my part.

My thinking is the other way around. I'm thinking the left an right third of the tire with the "enhanced lateral grip compounds" is softer than the center and therefore wearing unevenly due to the forces at work when we lean a 900+ pound machine into a corner and then twist the throttle to power out of that corner which will multiply the forces at work trying to tear the tread off the tire or cause it to loose grip and spin (which is generally a bad thing while leaned over).  - the quoted portion is from Dunlop's site -

I do want the tire to grip the road securely I just want even wear so I don't feel cheated when it's time to replace them.  Heck, I only get about 4000 - 6000 miles out of the tires on my Ducati, but they wear evenly....quickly...but evenly     
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

ultrarider123

« Reply #2860 on: August 21, 2015, 11:39:15 PM »

Well, today was special. I rode to work, rode over for coffee for my normal Friday Starbucks Coffee with Vickie  after my morning meeting and before she gets to work. Filled up the tank and back to the office. Funny thing about filling the tank this morning. I went to my usual place that has 100% 93 octane then on to work.
Lunch came and out to the bike heading home for a sandwich. Bike bucked, snorted and didnt want to start or run smoothly if it did. Rode back to the station (200 yards from my office) and there discovered that last evening, one of the employees put dyed off road diesel in the 100% 93 octane storage tank. Yes boys and girls, it was a special day. I got to spend 2 hours waiting for the tow truck to come and haul my 1 month old SERGU to K'ville HD on Clinton hwy where the entire fuel system can be drained and flushed clean of the mixed dyed diesel and 93 octane.
One plus in this great day is the new fuel tank and left side saddlebag were in (bad spots on the factory paint on both items) so at least the tank will be new and free from dyed diesel. Hope it's ready in a few days.
Hey, it could have been worse and happened in the middle of nowhere. The station owner is a good friend and was so sorry it had happened and will take care of all associated costs. He has the wonderful task now of what to do with 2600 gallons of the stuff.....yes, a special day it was.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:41:38 PM by Haird »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #2861 on: August 22, 2015, 02:21:11 AM »

Well, today was special. I rode to work, rode over for coffee for my normal Friday Starbucks Coffee with Vickie  after my morning meeting and before she gets to work. Filled up the tank and back to the office. Funny thing about filling the tank this morning. I went to my usual place that has 100% 93 octane then on to work.
Lunch came and out to the bike heading home for a sandwich. Bike bucked, snorted and didnt want to start or run smoothly if it did. Rode back to the station (200 yards from my office) and there discovered that last evening, one of the employees put dyed off road diesel in the 100% 93 octane storage tank. Yes boys and girls, it was a special day. I got to spend 2 hours waiting for the tow truck to come and haul my 1 month old SERGU to K'ville HD on Clinton hwy where the entire fuel system can be drained and flushed clean of the mixed dyed diesel and 93 octane.
One plus in this great day is the new fuel tank and left side saddlebag were in (bad spots on the factory paint on both items) so at least the tank will be new and free from dyed diesel. Hope it's ready in a few days.
Hey, it could have been worse and happened in the middle of nowhere. The station owner is a good friend and was so sorry it had happened and will take care of all associated costs. He has the wonderful task now of what to do with 2600 gallons of the stuff.....yes, a special day it was.

Sorry to hear this. About 5 yrs ago a refinery in Albuquerque delivered diesel instead of gas to about 7 different stations in town. A lot of cars, trucks and motorcycles endured the same treatment you just went through.

Be safe and enjoy your ride,
DH

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2862 on: August 22, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »

Begees Howard, What a way to close down the week :'(Glad you got it sorted with out a hole mess of tangled twine to deal with. I didn't know you have a new bike, I missed your thread on it, Belayed CONGRATULATIONS  :2vrolijk_21:

ultrarider123

« Reply #2863 on: August 22, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »

Thanks Pete. Actually didn't do a thread on it. Got a '15 SERGU in blue. Great ride and my first blue bike and first fixed faring Harley. Hope to have it back in a day or so. Weather here is cooling off a bit and it's my kind of riding. The cooler, the better... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:09:52 PM by Haird »

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #2864 on: August 22, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

Same here......as I was reading your thread I was like Daaaammn he bought another bike! I would have bet half the farm you would have bought the Ultra Violet and Lava Streetglide, lol.

Yes, what a day is right! Congrats and enjoy your new ride!
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 473

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.