Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Head Work  (Read 7913 times)

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
Re: Head Work
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »

Happyman,do you still have those awesome heads by basily for sale?if he wants some raical heads that is the way to go,for the price deweys is another choice.all depends on how much money willing to spend I guess

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »

Happyman,do you still have those awesome heads by basily for sale?if he wants some raical heads that is the way to go,for the price deweys is another choice.all depends on how much money willing to spend I guess

the Baisley Pro street heads are currantely at the harley shop.  some say they are hig priced. well they are, but the what isn't. its about how much hp and tq ya want  that dictates the cost. two individuals looking at them. if they don't sell at the shop, its e-bay time.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »

I would not tie price to performance.  A slippery slope. There are some porters that do excellent work and just charge less. Plus many of the high end parts are equivalent to race pieces and perform in the higher rpm ranges great, but disappoint when the end user wants the "best" and they get great heads that are not suited to their riding style or needs.
Define your needs and then shop for a complete package of matched parts. The cost will be less and the result better when you are dealing with a proven quality product / service.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »

very true.  will inform  who ever is interested in these heads  they are for performance.   on the late models  better off with  gearing changes so you can use the  cams  that let  the rider enjoy  the product to the  fullest.  most  will opt for the street ports like you do  Don.. these heads are for  in my opinion better suited for a lighter bike and someone that wants to spool it often.  none the less they do work in a bagger if they do the gearing and pick the correct cams.TB also.  its all in what the individuel really wants.  still majority today ride them stock, or maybe a AC and pipe and a  tune maybe.. just the way it is

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »

I have Baisley's street port headwork on my 110 motor and had to go back twice with them as the seals went bad. Dan Baisley told me the first time he had never had problems with his seals after the second time I have since found out more common than he said. However Dan is a very nice man and both times he cleaned them and rebuilt them at no charge to me. And for that I can't complain.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »

i guess we never know..    some parts have been know to cause many porters issues ..   what are street prot heads  form  Dan.  they the  stock  110" heads???????

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:20:06 AM »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  no way in hell those #'s are credable!! its just that simple. has to be a very very happy dyno to say the least.    Cannot take anything away from Hillside as they seem  to do great work and know how to do a nice build.  the numbers are misleading for the vast majority of the updated  dyno's. just look at some sheets with the 110" with a aircleaner,good exhaust and a tune.   there is a significant differance. there  are others that put out some pretty hard to believe numbers. most are pushing  the work and do good work but most like realistic numbers..   you cannot compare some of these  dyno with anything out there  becasue they are so far off.
this will prolly upset some, but that is just  to bad. and don't matter the least.   the people  that don't no better will be sadly dissapointed in many instances  by the published razzle dazzle  we see every day. quality work wil sell itself.  

Gerry, may have been refering to the 117" that we do so many of, that even in carbed-form, will go 130hp/135 ft/lbs, and that sir, has been seen on multiple dynos. FACT.
Just did a carbed 106" from Beaumont, Texas that rolled off 122/124 with 3.37 gear/170 tire, on their dyno.
Have we done a 110" that has rolled out mid-upper 120's?? Not yet. Can we, if called on?? You can bet your bike title on that one, pal.
BTW, we DO NOT have an EFI dyno, just to clear up all THAT happy horse-hockey. Dynojet 150(carb only) we bought in the mid-ninties. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Scott
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:23:00 AM by Hillsidecycle.com »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »

I would not tie price to performance.  A slippery slope. There are some porters that do excellent work and just charge less. Plus many of the high end parts are equivalent to race pieces and perform in the higher rpm ranges great, but disappoint when the end user wants the "best" and they get great heads that are not suited to their riding style or needs.
Define your needs and then shop for a complete package of matched parts. The cost will be less and the result better when you are dealing with a proven quality product / service.

Good advice!
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.