Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T FAIRLY WARNED  (Read 7228 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: DON'T SAY YOU WEREN'T FAIRLY WARNED
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »

While the replays were a good idea, they have been abused. In or out of bounds, targeting, fumbles and that's it. LET THEM PLAY.

Agreed
Most great stores start with a bad decision

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 08:54:31 PM »

Yea I have always had a problem with the "targeting" rule! More so the penalty...

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2019, 06:57:02 AM »

The targeting rule needs to go, because it has really always been around. They used to call it spearing and only called it if looked like an attempt to inflict injury or used as a payback. It always seems to be called more when the game is on the line. Stopping the action when a team is on a roll is extremely unfair. Tempo wins games!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2019, 07:49:13 AM »

The targeting rule needs to go, because it has really always been around. They used to call it spearing and only called it if looked like an attempt to inflict injury or used as a payback. It always seems to be called more when the game is on the line. Stopping the action when a team is on a roll is extremely unfair. Tempo wins games!!!

Another way teams themselves stall out tempo is "injury timeouts." A player takes a hit & fakes an injury to stop the clock, especially when their team is out of timeouts.  Is not possible to determine if that injury was real or not but sometimes these look extremely convenient, timely, and stall out an opponent who is on a roll.  One way to stop this would be: any player who halts play for any injury is out for the rest of that entire possession - on defense or offense.  Or out for the rest of that quarter.  As it stands now, some grin on the sideline then come back in 1 play later.  Most injuries are real, some are not.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mark

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »

Another way teams themselves stall out tempo is "injury timeouts." A player takes a hit & fakes an injury to stop the clock, especially when their team is out of timeouts.  Is not possible to determine if that injury was real or not but sometimes these look extremely convenient, timely, and stall out an opponent who is on a roll.  One way to stop this would be: any player who halts play for any injury is out for the rest of that entire possession - on defense or offense.  Or out for the rest of that quarter.  As it stands now, some grin on the sideline then come back in 1 play later.  Most injuries are real, some are not.
I agree on this.  When you see a player that's fine & walking around, but suddenly falls down to stop play - that needs to be addressed.  Make them leave the game for a series of downs.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2019, 11:31:41 PM »

Points spread should have just got bigger with OU losing 3 players. Loosing the D lineman will make a bad defensive non existent
Most great stores start with a bad decision

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 05:16:22 AM »

Points spread should have just got bigger with OU losing 3 players. Loosing the D lineman will make a bad defensive non existent

Hated to hear that but it speaks volumes for Coach Riley. Brings back bad memories though....before the Championship Game in '16, Swinney suspended their leading WR and lost much worse that the score showed. We need those type of coaches to lead our young people. Many coaches (one from Alabama for sure) will suspend rule violators and law breakers and then right before the big game players will be reinstated. Good luck to the Sooners, but damn man!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:30:37 AM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 05:34:29 AM »

Dem Tigers gonna be up Saban's azz for awhile

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »

Some teams do better at 8 am, others at noon, & other teams at 4 pm.  Looks like my Longhorns will do a little better at 4 pm.

;)

ultrarider123

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 08:44:59 AM »

Interesting also that 6 of the top 10 are SEC schools.

Good deal to Clemson on having the numero uno recruiting class, Jimmy. 

mark

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »

It would appear Saban is getting it from the Tigers on the bottom and top...

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 11:23:02 AM »

Some teams do better at 8 am, others at noon, & other teams at 4 pm.  Looks like my Longhorns will do a little better at 4

;)
Maybe need to lay off the late night drinking :drummer:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »

Maybe need to lay off the late night drinking :drummer:

That would explain why *some* of past year's recruiting classes have played like asses instead of a bunch of 4 & 5 stars.

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.  8)

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2019, 06:39:23 AM »

Oh Oh Jimmy you just threw some bad JuJu.  Hope it bites YOU  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Seems that those Buckeyes are talking trash also, you think it might be because they only have cream puffs?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 06:41:31 AM by 2k »

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:36 AM »

:P :P :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.