Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Battery  (Read 3292 times)

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
Re: Battery
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 08:10:16 AM »

:jack:
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 08:51:20 AM »

I like to buy Harley parts, but I will shop online at Surdyke Harley, Ronnies, or whomever has the lowest price with free shipping of course.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

actually, i don't care if the shipping is free or not.  i go with the lowest overall price. 
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

ultrarider123

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »

I'm still restricted from riding for a few more weeks but go out to the bike, roll it out of the garage and crank it. Never had to winterize one before 'cause normally I'm riding all year. However, I noticed even with it on the trickle, the bike battery seemed weak. So thanks for this and all the other threads on batteries.  After 4 years of service, mine is ready to be replaced and I've got some options. I'll probably still go with the HD replacement as I have always done but there are other options to peruse.  I like the lighter weight lithium option but not at those prices.

Dayne, we have friends in Canada on the east side and are having the same recent sticker shock you are having on the west side. It's highway robbery what they are doing to our Canadian brothers.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 01:13:17 PM »

Dan where did you get that battery? Was it about the same price as in my post you referenced ($109)?

Chuck,

Yes, directly from Renegade and did the 600+ upgrade to $109.50

https://www.renegadebattery.com/Power_Sport_Batteries-12_Volt_30_Amp_Sealed_Maintenance_Free_Battery_2.html

The battery terminals seemed a bit weak in that they are stamped steal versus a lead casting like other batteries.  But the battery bolts tightened down nicely and I see no issues with them, other than they were not what I had expected.

I'll know more after I get riding it a bit.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »

Dayne, we have friends in Canada on the east side and are having the same recent sticker shock you are having on the west side. It's highway robbery what they are doing to our Canadian brothers.
We Canadians sure do appreciate our southern brothers assistance with getting things delivered to a residence!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 12:06:43 AM »

Good to know Dan. My original is 4 years old and have had a slow start or two. I figure the Texas heat will finish it off this summer. If not I will replaced before my vacation ride. Let me know what you think of the Renegade after you field test it.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

metalhead1969

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:55 AM »

SAVE YOUR MONEY.. The company that makes Battery Tender brand is Deltran out of DeLand FL. Contact their local vendor Bill Sebil of Premium Car Care. His number is 570-274-0519. His price is $220.00 compared to HD $300. Its a smart lithium ion battery and actually a better battery. Tell him Mike from Bradley Gardens sent ya...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.