Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXRG  (Read 5090 times)

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
FXRG
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »

IS ANY ONE USING THE FXRG GEAR. ME AND TWO BUDDYS ROAD TO INDY TO MEET SOME FRIENDS FROM OHIO THIS WEEKEND. WHAT I PRESANTLY USE JUST ISN'T GETTING IT IN 30 AND 40 DEGRRES AND RAIN. WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS THE NYLON JACKET AND PAINT, I LOOKED AT IT AND ONE OF THE DEALERS BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY SIZE OR I WOOULD HAVE PROBABLE BOUGHT IT. ONE OF THE GUYS WAS WEARING A JACKET FROM AEROSTICH, SAME BASIC IDEA BUT I ALWAYS PREFFER H-D PRODUCTS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRESIATED!

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: FXRG
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:03:40 PM »

I have the FXRG leather jacket and have taken a few rides in excess of 200 miles with the temps never seeing the north side of 40 and was quite comfortable in it.  I can’t comment on its wet weather protection, I’ve been fortunate enough to elude downpours.

Gregg

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

I have a FXRG Leather Jacket and I like it very much - Geez its got to be over 6 years old and still looks new
Have used in below 32 weather and it really helps keep your upper body warm and dry
I don't keep the liner in it much as the weight of the jacket is pretty heavy
The only issue I have ever had is the Kidney belt sometimes comes unfastened

Would I purchase another FXRG product, sure as long as I get a deal or it's on sale

jeffj

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »

I've got the FXRG leather jacket and like it a lot. Flimsy zipper in front though. It lasted a couple of weeks, busted, dealer said it'd be several weeks, heck w/ it, put in a better and heavier zipper. Jacket and liner do a fine job of keeping me warm. Wouldn't count on it for a rainstorm though.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »

I have the synthetic jacket and it is awesome! I'm going to order the pants and ebay all my other leathers ('cept my vest of course).

Mark

mhjimh

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:34:50 PM »

Thanks for the info. This is why I like this site I always get great info from you guys. And I agree I think it would replace all my leathers as well. It seems with the water repellent and zip in liner it would eliminate my heavy leather my light weight h-d nylon jacket and my rain suit. Bad thing is I will have to buy the same for my wife. Some times you got to do what you got to do to RIDE!!!

jim

harleytimes

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »

I have been using the FXRG leather jacket and pants for 7,000+ miles.  Works great but the jacket zipper busted on a trip last year.  The gear is guaranteed for 10 years.  Dealer sent the jacket back and I got a new one with a heavy duty zipper.  Front pockets are deep...have left the front pocket zipper open a number of times and never lost anything (don't reccomend leaving it unzipped).  Lot of inside pockets for i-pod, phone...
Pants waist snap broke once and dealer let me just grab a different pair (I got the next size larger without a problem).
I have ridden in rain (highway miles and behind a windshield) and clothes under gear stayed dry.
Excellent wind protection as I ride anytime it is over 33 degrees.  When it get warmer, just take out the jacket liner.  I tuck the leather pants cuff under itself when it is really cold to reduce the amount of wind up the pants legs.
Leather is hot is the summer.
FYI:  I have a set of FirstGear Mesh-Tex jacket and pants
http://www.firstgear-usa.com/fgweb2.nsf/Products/A6F99B0A1BE385CF862571EA00725D81?opendocument   
FirstGear rocks in the summer as you take the lining out and the wind vent right through the jacket and pants. 
Kevin

2007 Screaming Eagle Road King
Mustang black studded smooth touring seat

It's a lot of work to have fun!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »

Have both a leather FXRG jacket and the FXRG cloth versions + pants for the cloth versions. The cloth set has been through some showers and I think is about as good as raingear, but of course has some seepage in places. More versatile than the leather for all-around wear I think. Certainly "breathes" better.

As already said here, the leather is great, warm but can get heavy during in between times (warmer days), but with the vents opened up it's bearable. Great protection with the installed armor.

Never had any problems with the zippers,but maybe I'm just lucky.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »

I have the Nylon set and love it. Now I only carry the FXRG set and no rain gear. As mentioned above I do have a little seepage on the pants seam but better than any rain gear I have owned. Also you can remove the liner and wear it for a jacket.

:pumpkin:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

grahn1967

• FL

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »

I use the leather FXRG jacket and pants, rode in total downpour at  forty degrees for a hundred miles,stayed completely dry and warm,also used both in ninety degree temps{minus liner}and stayed comfortable.DEFINATELY WORTH THE MONEY!   K.G.
Thundermax ECM, Darkhorse Crank and rods, R & R Heads,D & D Fat cat,Feuling oil pump and camplate,S & S Gear drive,S & S 585 easy start, Progressive front and rear,WO577 CHUBBY, Hogtunes all over.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »

I have the FXRG leather jacket and pants.  I've been through a couple real frog stranglers and stayed dry.  I find them to be too hot and clammy when the weather's warm.  I don't use them very much.  I had the FXRG gortex boots too, but they were definitely too hot most of the time.  I ended up giving them away.  I would rather stop and put on a rain suit (as much of a pita it is) and be more comfortable when the weather is good than feel like I'm in a sauna. 
  The only time I use the FXRG stuff is if it's cool outside, and there's a good chance I'm going to be in some rain.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

I just bought the FXRG Nylon set, Pants and Jacket and love it. No need to carry another set of rain gear as this FXRG Nylon is completely water proof. In addition, this is the warmest gear i have ever worn and the removable liners allows use through all seasons. On long trips i genereally don't wear Levi's or pants under the Nylon pant. I wear a good synthetic pair of long underwear which wicks moister along with a good set of long wool socks. Early this month I rode through the Techappi Mountains on 57 and the temps dipped to 26 degrees. The FXRG set kept me nice and warm. On the return trip going up Hwy 395 we rode through 100 degree temps. I removed all the liners and opened up all the venting and was fairly comfortable, more so then i would have been in my old leathers. I highly recommend the FXRG set and i would bet you would soon get rid of your old leathers.

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.