Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Transformation Jacket w/Switchback  (Read 15287 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Transformation Jacket w/Switchback
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 04:15:43 PM »

Thanks, your a life saver.  I'll go with the white beard idea.

I'll also get a nifty red fur hat  :xmas: and a new vanity plate that says "Rudolf"  That should do it.
:2vrolijk_21: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 04:18:38 PM »

d00d,
So now you're the official site fashion/chrome consultant... congratulations!! Well, you are well qualified. BTW, what is the proper color thong for a formal evening ride??  ;D :-* Hehehehehehe!!!
It all depends on if they are being worn by rider or passenger. :oops: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 04:41:16 PM »

As long as you're not wearing knickers when you ride you will be safe. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Oh heavens to Betsy!  Knickers when riding are so gauche, except in the greater San Fran area, where its best not to ask.   :huepfenjump3:

Your advice is heeded, your fashion sense is expert.

BTW - Terry you s hould get that jacket.  Great looking.  Just bought a couple of orange SE windbreaker jackets for Lisa and the guy who does not own any knickers, no time, no way!  ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 03:21:23 AM »

Wife bought me the Bracket Jacket (B&O version) with Screamin Eagle graphics & great match for jester.  Jacket is realy great especially for varied temps and or weather conditions.  Outer skin zips off to convert jacket to mesh & comes with rain liner (also has armour in shoulders and elbows).  Will definatley save some room in the tour-pak on next trip.  It is a nice piece.  Also saw the black and gray version nice as well - basicly the same jacket different colors and graphics!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »

Wife bought me the Bracket Jacket (B&O version) with Screamin Eagle graphics & great match for jester.  Jacket is realy great especially for varied temps and or weather conditions.  Outer skin zips off to convert jacket to mesh & comes with rain liner (also has armour in shoulders and elbows).  Will definatley save some room in the tour-pak on next trip.  It is a nice piece.  Also saw the black and gray version nice as well - basicly the same jacket different colors and graphics!

Thanks for the report, John...I like to wear my leathers when I know I'm not going to have to take them off and store them...temps not getting above high 70's, otherwise they are just too hot, even with the liner removed and the vents open, and my jacket takes up a LOT of space.  These jackets seem to be a next best alternative and still have good protection.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »

Terry,
Took the plunge this weekend at my dealership and bought the jackets.  Great versatility.  A little tough getting used to the armor, but know that's it "good for me".  Near 90 degrees here yesterday and they were comfortable with the panels removed.  I liked the idea of a color other than black also.  The wife's is silver - really a classy look.
Thanks for the heads up -
Tony

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »

Terry,
Took the plunge this weekend at my dealership and bought the jackets.  Great versatility.  A little tough getting used to the armor, but know that's it "good for me".  Near 90 degrees here yesterday and they were comfortable with the panels removed.  I liked the idea of a color other than black also.  The wife's is silver - really a classy look.
Thanks for the heads up -
Tony

Tony, Glad to hear the good report on the jackets....I'm thinking those are going to be a must have in the very near future for me and Suzanne.

TTS Mastertune

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »

I bought one of these in DC at Washington Harley while here for RT.  It works better than expected, and has the added bonus of working as a rain jacket with the waterproof liner.  Wind resistant with the shell on, very cool & breezy with it off, reflective seams across the back, armor if you go splat.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that it's a limited edition, according to HD, and unless you want a 3X large or a small you're going to have to scrounge around to find one in a real size.  When I got back to CA and tried to find one as a gift I had to go through four dealers before I foound the right size.  Went to Patriot HD in fairfax today; they had 15 2X, five XL, that was it. if you snooze you lose..............
bc
Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

harleydiva

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »

Dear Mr. dood,

If my socks do not match, even when unseen (boots) - is this a fashion faux paus?

Signed,
White sock/Gray sock

ISKI, if you want some advice about socks, ask TCnBham ... he has SO many kinds of socks.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »

ISKI, if you want some advice about socks, ask TCnBham ... he has SO many kinds of socks.

Harleydiva,  I have high tech socks for a multitude of applications.  Some of them match even.   :huepfenjump3: 

From reading here, Terry is even more of a gearhead than I am, which is almost skeery.   :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 12:58:15 PM »

Got us a couple of these jackets coming...found them at a 20% dealer too :bananarock: :bananarock:  Should have them in time for out mountain tour the week of the 4th.

Thanks for the report, everybody.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »

Harleydiva,  I have high tech socks for a multitude of applications.  Some of them match even.   :huepfenjump3: 

From reading here, Terry is even more of a gearhead than I am, which is almost skeery.   :2vrolijk_21:

Mike...perhaps we can compare notes on the merits of the proper gear for the task ahead, including having good socks for the purpose.  You wouldn't believe the chit I've got in my basement!!  I've even got a quiver of fly rods.  It's a sickness I have, and there is no cure.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 11:37:59 PM »

We got a couple of these jackets this week...very nice!!  I wore mine Saturday AM very early with temps in the lower 60's and had the panels zipped on.  With them on, this jacket would be good to down in the 50's with just a long sleeved shirt.  Coming back from my destination, it had already warmed up to the mid 80's, so zipped the panel off, and rode in comfort with the mesh.  The armor does not bother me at all.  Suzanne and I went for a 100 mile ride on the V with the mesh, and even stopped at lights, we were relatively comfortable...no sweating on my part, which is saying something for a fat boy.  These are going to be great jackets for changing weather conditions on trips. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 01:59:03 AM »

We got a couple of these jackets this week...very nice!!  I wore mine Saturday AM very early with temps in the lower 60's and had the panels zipped on.  With them on, this jacket would be good to down in the 50's with just a long sleeved shirt.  Coming back from my destination, it had already warmed up to the mid 80's, so zipped the panel off, and rode in comfort with the mesh.  The armor does not bother me at all.  Suzanne and I went for a 100 mile ride on the V with the mesh, and even stopped at lights, we were relatively comfortable...no sweating on my part, which is saying something for a fat boy.  These are going to be great jackets for changing weather conditions on trips. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Saw one in Junction City, Ks, but they didn't have it in my size.  Needless to say, I'll own one as soon as I find an XL.  Nice jacket.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 09:31:15 AM »

Saw one in Junction City, Ks, but they didn't have it in my size.  Needless to say, I'll own one as soon as I find an XL.  Nice jacket.

They have an XL at Thunderbird HD in ABQ... saw it yesterday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.