Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Transformation Jacket w/Switchback  (Read 15286 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Transformation Jacket w/Switchback
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 09:59:15 AM »

They have an XL at Thunderbird HD in ABQ... saw it yesterday

ABQ trip.  Having fun?

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »

ABQ trip.  Having fun?

hell yes my brother....  great riding..pix to follow when i get home tomorrow.....
stopped in Madrid yesterday....   took pictures in front of the wild hogs diner....   and found a very cool biker bar...
but not the one from the movie.. :confused5:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »

Mike...perhaps we can compare notes on the merits of the proper gear for the task ahead, including having good socks for the purpose.  You wouldn't believe the chit I've got in my basement!!  I've even got a quiver of fly rods.  It's a sickness I have, and there is no cure.

Terry - I missed your reply here until now.  Sorry for the delay.  It is indeed a sickness & my attempted cure ran well into the ......... I never added it up but ...... hmmmm....   it is LESS than a SE bike!  ;D

Summer mountain trips are interesting.  I usually carry a leather jacket and leggings just in case.  Used the leather jacket on the last mountain trip a couple of weeks ago, but the light jacket (windbreaker) was not needed some mornings, even.  I may ditch the leather for some FXRG type gear though.  More versatile, but leather has served me well for a long time riding. Wide temp swings are common in elevation so I plan ahead.  On the socks issue - I use socks that wick moisture both summer & winter.  Found some on a closeout somewhere for not much $$ & they are working great. When its cold I just add a sock liner (also add a liner if a lot of hiking is planned for summer trips.)

Cabelas, Sierra Trading Post, Gander Mt., REI, & Bass pro Shops were a magnet for me, along with a few mountain/backpacking stores a few years back.  I have enough backpacking gear for extended primitive camping trips, which I no longer take.  But just in case, its there.....  :)

I'll be back in the Smokies in August.  Hope You have a great time on your July trip!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 07:37:42 PM »

Saw one in Junction City, Ks, but they didn't have it in my size.  Needless to say, I'll own one as soon as I find an XL.  Nice jacket.

Henry, if you're interested, call Jenny at Charlies HD in West Virginia...she "found" my two and gave me 20% off.  Shipped in two days after she got them to her store.  Good lady to buy any parts from.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »

Terry - I missed your reply here until now.  Sorry for the delay.  It is indeed a sickness & my attempted cure ran well into the ......... I never added it up but ...... hmmmm....   it is LESS than a SE bike!  ;D

Summer mountain trips are interesting.  I usually carry a leather jacket and leggings just in case.  Used the leather jacket on the last mountain trip a couple of weeks ago, but the light jacket (windbreaker) was not needed some mornings, even.  I may ditch the leather for some FXRG type gear though.  More versatile, but leather has served me well for a long time riding. Wide temp swings are common in elevation so I plan ahead.  On the socks issue - I use socks that wick moisture both summer & winter.  Found some on a closeout somewhere for not much $$ & they are working great. When its cold I just add a sock liner (also add a liner if a lot of hiking is planned for summer trips.)

Cabelas, Sierra Trading Post, Gander Mt., REI, & Bass pro Shops were a magnet for me, along with a few mountain/backpacking stores a few years back.  I have enough backpacking gear for extended primitive camping trips, which I no longer take.  But just in case, its there.....  :)

I'll be back in the Smokies in August.  Hope You have a great time on your July trip!

Yes, it's all less than a SE bike, but I shudder to think what I've got tied up in all of it...skis, boots, poles, Wenowna canoes (two) and all accesories for canoe camping trips, Gregory backpack, Trailwise Backpack, Sierra Designs Tent, various stoves, candle lanterns, lanterns.  I can't bring myself to get rid of some of the stuff, as I can look at it and have such great memories.  It doesn't eat, so it's not hurting anything other than occupying space.

I much prefer riding at all times in the chaps and leather jacket, but if it gets really warm, that stuff has got to come off and then there's no where to store the big jackets...they take up a LOT of room.  That's what I like about these jackets...the panels are able to fold up and lay totally flat in the TP, or be stuffed into a small stuffsack, then the mesh is cool, but it's also got the good elbow and shoulder armor.  I am so sick....

It's still cheaper than a color matched trailer...

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2007, 05:14:19 PM »

Yes, it's all less than a SE bike, but I shudder to think what I've got tied up in all of it...skis, boots, poles, Wenowna canoes (two) and all accesories for canoe camping trips, Gregory backpack, Trailwise Backpack, Sierra Designs Tent, various stoves, candle lanterns, lanterns.  I can't bring myself to get rid of some of the stuff, as I can look at it and have such great memories.  It doesn't eat, so it's not hurting anything other than occupying space.

I much prefer riding at all times in the chaps and leather jacket, but if it gets really warm, that stuff has got to come off and then there's no where to store the big jackets...they take up a LOT of room.  That's what I like about these jackets...the panels are able to fold up and lay totally flat in the TP, or be stuffed into a small stuffsack, then the mesh is cool, but it's also got the good elbow and shoulder armor.  I am so sick....

It's still cheaper than a color matched trailer...

Cheaper than a color matched trailer - I like the way you think.  In addition to full face helmets, a man made materials jacket - maybe the transformation or the nylon FXRG (never on sale darn it) is on my shopping list.  Leather is bulky for packing in the bike but when its cold and staying cold I like it best. Nylon stuffs better no doubt.  With the armor its better than leather.  I am also afflicted and it gets worse instead of better the older I get....

No canoes (neighbors/friends had those so I did not buy one) but I have a Eureka 4 man tent (full rain fly), a Eureka one man tent, a few other tents, Kelty backpack with a few hundred miles on it, down sleeping bags that stuff tiny, a few other poly sleeping bags, camp rest mattresses, 1 man backpacking stove, Coleman stoves & lanterns, dutch ovens & asstd. cast iron, and enough assorted gear to outfit a small army in the woods.  I learned to pack light for the primitive trips and when on truck trips/hunting trips lived in reasonable comfort.  Well, considering the $$ it might be unreasonable.  Like you, great memories with all that stuff and no plans to part with any of it.

I usually find deals on jackets in the summer so I am sorta looking.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »

Henry, if you're interested, call Jenny at Charlies HD in West Virginia...she "found" my two and gave me 20% off.  Shipped in two days after she got them to her store.  Good lady to buy any parts from.

I will second the motion on Jenni

she is good people

charlie

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 06:31:15 PM »

IBought the new mesh HD jacket for my wife and i. I hope they live up to the comfort leval there supose to. Does anyone have any feed back.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 10:51:33 AM »

Got to fully test these jackets on our 2200 mile trip to the VA/NC mountains this past week.  I can see this jacket taking the place of my leathers in all but the coldest weather I ride in.  Being able to zip on the outer panels in the cool mornings, then zip them off to have only the mesh when the day warmed up was great.  The Armor did not bother me at all.  We were in temps from mid 50's in the very early morning to low 90's in the afternoon...most versitile jacket I've seen so far.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »

Got to fully test these jackets on our 2200 mile trip to the VA/NC mountains this past week.  I can see this jacket taking the place of my leathers in all but the coldest weather I ride in.  Being able to zip on the outer panels in the cool mornings, then zip them off to have only the mesh when the day warmed up was great.  The Armor did not bother me at all.  We were in temps from mid 50's in the very early morning to low 90's in the afternoon...most versitile jacket I've seen so far.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
'

Very interested - good report.

How waterproof is it? 

saddlebow

• Junior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 06 SEFB
    • CVO2: 07 SEUC [gone]
    • CVO3: 15 SESG
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »

Just had the same experience Sunday coming back from Mammoth Lakes in the Sierras.  I needed to be in LA Sunday night, and the fires south of Mammoth had 395 closed on and off.  I went North from Mammoth and went through the Tioga Pass in Yosemite at 6:30 AM.  At 11,000 ft it was cold, cold cold!  About 42 F-jacket kept the wind out no worries. [And the seat and grip heaters came in handy, too!]  100 miles later I was in the Central Valley and the temps hit 95+; off came the shell and in came the breeze.  Got all the way over the the coast and ran through a couple of rain cells between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara; saw them coming and got the shell out and on.  Worked like a champ!  Only complaint is that the waterproof shell doesn't breathe, so once you're out of the rain it gets hot in a hurry.   Great piece of travel gear cuz it does so many different things in one............
Just leaving LA to ride to Oakland to see HD-Dude for some electronic updates...jacket's got me covered all the way....
Bikers know why dogs stick their heads out the window....

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

'

Very interested - good report.

How waterproof is it? 

Mike....didn't push that part.  The panels would be pretty waterresistant though, so running through a shower wouldn't be a problem.  I didn't test the inner shell.  I still like my Gore-Tex stuff when I'm really in the rain...

The outer panels zip off and store flat, so take up very little room.  The sleeve cuffs are lined with a fleece like material, as is the collar, so it's very comfortable all day long.  The only time I got hot was down near Maryville when I was stopped.  Moving, I was fine.  Suzanne really liked hers as well and loves the ability to change so quickly (though she is challenged when it comes to the zippers  ;D)

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »

Mike....didn't push that part.  The panels would be pretty waterresistant though, so running through a shower wouldn't be a problem.  I didn't test the inner shell.  I still like my Gore-Tex stuff when I'm really in the rain...

The outer panels zip off and store flat, so take up very little room.  The sleeve cuffs are lined with a fleece like material, as is the collar, so it's very comfortable all day long.  The only time I got hot was down near Maryville when I was stopped.  Moving, I was fine.  Suzanne really liked hers as well and loves the ability to change so quickly (though she is challenged when it comes to the zippers   ;D)
I think we can overlook this due to Bootsie's many wonderful  :-*attributes, don't you?  :nixweiss: har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

I think we can overlook this due to Bootsie's many wonderful  :-*attributes, don't you?  :nixweiss: har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder

Definitely, Spydy...she's a gem, and a trooper...never a complaint in 2200 miles.  I'll work her zippers for her... ;)

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »

Definitely, Spydy...she's a gem, and a trooper...never a complaint in 2200 miles.  I'll work her zippers for her... ;)
:2vrolijk_21:good boy!  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.