Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Back rest for TP  (Read 7645 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Back rest for TP
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »

I just went to the Corbin site and they do not show a seperate part number for the pad.  But the picture clearly shows that they are two different pieces.  http://www.corbin.com/accessories/rest2.jpg      Candy, if you were to call Corbin in Hollister and describe to them the piece that you're talking about, I'm sure that they'd get you one.

I've read it on other sites more so than here, but it seems like Corbin in Calif. and Corbin in Fla. have two different ideas of customer service.  I'd suggest calling the factory in Calif. :nixweiss:

Yes, Corbin will sell the lower piece by itself.  The salesman will have to know what he's looking for and how to line item it on its own.  They didn't all know how to do that. Had to go through three of them to finally find someone who could.

Then they wanted so much for it that it was cheaper to buy a little pad, velcro and black leather and have a local leather shop quickly sew a flat pad together.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »

As always, you guys are great.  We went to breakfast with our local HOG chapter and we were able to put eyes on the corbin solution that you have JCZ.  Now that we have seen it, it makes a lot more sense.  We also have seen the HD solution, $40 poofy little pouch that requires two holes to be drilled into the tour pak.  Everyone pretty much knows how much we all like drilling into our painted parts.  So now that we know what we have to work with, and twolanerider, you suggestion was also talked about.  Then just walking around the HD shop, Jamey eyed some fork bags - the windshield bags had an intimidating metal piece that we did not get over - and saw one that looked like it could easily fill the void, using the velcro idea, could be a bit handy and if essential to carry some passenger - don't know who that would ever be - the bag could be filled with something soft or just removed altogether.  I don't want anyone getting too comfortable back there.   :D ;)

On the first, we will have the bike at the shop for the polar bear ride, can hold the bag up to the spot and see what we think. 

Thanks all. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 02:55:13 PM »

I think you'll quickly see that it's an entirely different kind of leather than the seat.  You might want to take the backrest to your local leather alteration shop (to match the leather type) and have them just make you a pad 10 1/2"x6".  It's tapered a little towards the bottom and the bottom two corners are radiused.  So the pad at the bottom is only about 10" wide.   Looks like it should be pretty simple and straight forward for any leather shop worth your business.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 04:45:13 PM »

I think you'll quickly see that it's an entirely different kind of leather than the seat.  You might want to take the backrest to your local leather alteration shop (to match the leather type) and have them just make you a pad 10 1/2"x6".  It's tapered a little towards the bottom and the bottom two corners are radiused.  So the pad at the bottom is only about 10" wide.   Looks like it should be pretty simple and straight forward for any leather shop worth your business.

For the short period I'd needed a spare (couldn't find the one that came with the backrest--don't ask where it was eventually found) that actually worked perfect.  A leather shop had a material that was a very very good match.  In fact they had an even cheaper vinyl that was visually almost perfect as well.  The whole thing cost $25.00 to get made.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »

Subscribing to threat........
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.