Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New G3 gerbing gloves  (Read 3354 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
New G3 gerbing gloves
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »

Hi Guys, I just sent my Gerbing gloves back as one did not work after one year.  Gerbing  sent me back a new pair of G3's . they changed the glove for the better IMO . The glove now has  a longercuff to go over the jacket and the gloves have a water proof liner . Nice changes. great company. billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New G3 gerbing gloves
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »

Hi Guys, I just sent my Gerbing gloves back as one did not work after one year.  Gerbing  sent me back a new pair of G3's . they changed the glove for the better IMO . The glove now has  a longercuff to go over the jacket and the gloves have a water proof liner . Nice changes. great company. billy

You sent in something other than the G3s and got G3s back as replacement?  Or you sent in G3s and got a new and improved version in return?

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »

You sent in something other than the G3s and got G3s back as replacement?  Or you sent in G3s and got a new and improved version in return?
I sent in G3'3 and they bave me the new model of G3's
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »

I sent in G3'3 and they bave me the new model of G3's

Thanks.  My G3s are from their intial product release.  So..... of course there has been an improved version since then :huepfenlol2: .

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

Mine are at least a year old any they do not work worth a damn in below 32 degrees. They are fine above 38, is this what y'all have found?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:51:19 PM »

Mine are at least a year old any they do not work worth a damn in below 32 degrees. They are fine above 38, is this what y'all have found?

Almost exactly the same impression MJ.  I'm fine to the low to mid 30s.  Below freezing and they don't keep up though.  So who is calling Gerbing first this week to see about a product upgrade; you or me :huepfenlol2: ?

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »

Or me?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »

Or me?

MJ, Ernie just volunteered.  He's in the same time zone they are anyway.

Ernie, let us know what they say and if there's any kind of upgrade path.  You da man :2vrolijk_21: .

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »

Don, just got off the phone with Gerbing customer service. What a fantastic company, they could not be nicer. I told her my problem with the gloves at below 35 degrees and told her my Gerbing Jacket had the opposite problem, it cooked me until I got a duel controller where I was able to control the gloves and jacket separately. She told me to send the gloves in with a note, they would check them and if not perfect they would replace them. If they checked out OK, they would go ahead and add more heating element to them (no charge for this) and return them. I told her I was not sure if they were still in warranty and she said "if they are Gerbing, they are always covered under our warranty". I'll send mine in today and post it when I know something.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 12:25:59 PM »

...I told her I was not sure if they were still in warranty and she said "if they are Gerbing, they are always covered under our warranty". I'll send mine in today and post it when I know something.

Now, that is fantastic customer service. 

One can buy with confidence with a company that stands up like this.   :) :2vrolijk_21:

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 12:38:39 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: To Gerbings. I have never heard of one complaint from anyone when they needed after service. Being from Canada that means pretty well everyone on 2 wheels has some sort of heated clothing up here.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

That's great to hear!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19:56 PM »

Thanks MJ.  A phone already in my ear now and probably all afternoon.  I'll call them tomorrow and try to get the same thing taken care of.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »

Any Garment that you are the orginial owner of they will repair or rewire or replace that product for life, You can't beat service like that.  :2vrolijk_21:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »

My first pair I sent back in to have more heat in the thumbs and that helped but I have not gone out for very long below 35 . I have not tried out the new G'3s yet as we have about 3 inches of salt on the roads.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »

My first pair I sent back in to have more heat in the thumbs and that helped but I have not gone out for very long below 35 . I have not tried out the new G'3s yet as we have about 3 inches of salt on the roads.
I hear ya about that damn salt. They don't call Syracuse the salt city for nothing. Glad to hear this company is standup. Have been browsing their product line trying to justify cost

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 12:57:42 PM »

Called Gerbing re lack of heat in the G3's. They said to send them back when the winter season was over and then they would re-work them under warranty.  Very impressive customer service!!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »

I hear ya about that damn salt. They don't call Syracuse the salt city for nothing. Glad to hear this company is standup. Have been browsing their product line trying to justify cost
Well worht hte money . since we put well over 30 grand in a bike that sits in the garage when it is cold. I would rather ride in total comfort  for a few extra bucks. billy

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:38 PM »

Got my G3's back from Gerbing this morning, very quick turn around. They seem to be much warmer but it is not cold enough to really test them today and everything in the 5 day forecast is above 60, so it will be awhile before I know. At this point I turned them all the way up and they cook my hands, which they did before at 50 degrees. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »

Got my G3's back from Gerbing this morning, very quick turn around. They seem to be much warmer but it is not cold enough to really test them today and everything in the 5 day forecast is above 60, so it will be awhile before I know. At this point I turned them all the way up and they cook my hands, which they did before at 50 degrees. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I found that  I start out with no heat and turn them up as my hands get cold / Other wise my hands sweat and then they will get cold no mater how much heat. So it is important to keep the hands dry. Billy

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 10:01:43 PM »

Any service notes or other memoranda detailing what they actually did to them MJ?

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »

Nothing was sent back at all but the gloves, no paperwork at all. I can tell they are definitely my gloves and I am sure there are more heating elements installed in the gloves. When I talked to them before I sent them in, they told me they would check them out and if defective they would replace them, if not defective, they would add more heat to them. Since the gloves returned were my originals, I can assume as manufactured do not have enough heating element for me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »

Nothing was sent back at all but the gloves, no paperwork at all. I can tell they are definitely my gloves and I am sure there are more heating elements installed in the gloves. When I talked to them before I sent them in, they told me they would check them out and if defective they would replace them, if not defective, they would add more heat to them. Since the gloves returned were my originals, I can assume as manufactured do not have enough heating element for me.

It would suck if it's just a placebo effect :huepfenlol2: .

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »

Sweet
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.