Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: TP Luggage Rack Bag  (Read 13704 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
TP Luggage Rack Bag
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »

Hey gang, I need some help. I'd like to order a bag to fit the rack on my KTP on the SERK today for my trip to KY next weekend. I used a Countoured TP Luggage rack and have 12.5" from the rear of the Corbin Backrest to the back of the rack. I also don't see why I can't hang over the rear a little with the bag. But using the designed mounting points might not work that way, and wind up having to bungy it down, defeating the purpose of the mounting system for the given bag. I'd like this bag to be the biggest one made, while still reasonably fitting the KTP w/CTP rack.

I've searched all the threads here and have seem to narrowed down the choices. I'm looking at the following bags:

Kury GranTraveler Bag #4149
Kury Classic Tour Bag #4144
TBag Dekker Supreme #TB1000DTS
TBag DAKOTA #TB1010D

I'm attaching pics of all of these as well.

So my question. Will any or all of these bags work reasonably with my setup. Will any of them definitely not work with my setup. I don't mind it overhanging the TP rack in the rear, as long as the fastening system can be mostly utilized. The first and third one above will definitely require that. I know this has been brought up before, but not enough info to make a mistake-free decision. I'm hoping to hear from folks that have actually used any or all of these bags and get the right one the first time. The goal again is to get the biggest bag possible that reasonably fits the TP rack.

Thanks a lot gang. Was hoping to place an order today. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: TP Luggage Rack Bag
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

Kury 4144

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

TBag Dekker Supreme

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »

TBag Dakota

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

Nylon Luggage Rack Bag

Part of the complete Touring Luggage System and Bag Collection, this premium leather bag mounts conveniently to your Tour-Pak® luggage rack, eliminating the need for bungee cords or tie downs that can scratch paint. Hook-and-loop flaps hold the bag to the rack, so installation and removal is a snap, and a polyethylene liner helps hold its shape and prevent water intrusion. Convenient, small zippered side pockets provide easy access to any smaller items you may need on the road. 17" wide x 12" tall x 10" deep. Bag weighs 5 lbs.
94798-00A

velcro loops setup for the rack
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »

Nylon Luggage Rack Bag

Part of the complete Touring Luggage System and Bag Collection, this premium leather bag mounts conveniently to your Tour-PakĀ® luggage rack, eliminating the need for bungee cords or tie downs that can scratch paint. Hook-and-loop flaps hold the bag to the rack, so installation and removal is a snap, and a polyethylene liner helps hold its shape and prevent water intrusion. Convenient, small zippered side pockets provide easy access to any smaller items you may need on the road. 17" wide x 12" tall x 10" deep. Bag weighs 5 lbs.
94798-00A

velcro loops setup for the rack

Thanks Neal. I looked at the SAC bag, but was hoping for something bigger. I don't mind jury rigging the bag a little, but don't want to deafeat the entire mounting system to use it, and wind up bungying the whole bag to the rack. ;)

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »

between that the KTP and saddle bags we can pack a lot of chit onto the bike

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

between that the KTP and saddle bags we can pack a lot of chit onto the bike

You can never have enough room! If I'm gonna mount a bag, I'd like it to be the biggest one I can reasonably fit! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

You can never have enough room! If I'm gonna mount a bag, I'd like it to be the biggest one I can reasonably fit! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  All the equipment hanging on the handlebars.  Huge bag on the tour pak.  Other bits hanging/installed all over the place in between.  It's like the truck in the Beverly Hillbillies when Jed and the family are moving west.  Chit just hanging everywhere :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: !

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  All the equipment hanging on the handlebars.  Huge bag on the tour pak.  Other bits hanging/installed all over the place in between.  It's like the truck in the Beverly Hillbillies when Jed and the family are moving west.  Chit just hanging everywhere :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: !

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  Jed Clampit's truck had a fully operational transmission, and was actually traveling.............probably right through Sedona.............on the way to Beverly Hills.   :jalapeno: :cucumber: :huepfenlol2: :coolblue:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:34 PM »

Hoist! 8)

when all else fails, storage in the lowers and the windshield pouches on the fairing  :zroflmao:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »

As it should be on a long distance tourer (sans trailer, which I'll get with the fairing! ::)) No difference in loading up any other FL. Fairing or not, the FL storage options are identical. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

Oh B'Jesus, everyone's a comedian! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Anyone try the bags in the 1st 4 posts? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  Jed Clampit's truck had a fully operational transmission, and was actually traveling.............probably right through Sedona.............on the way to Beverly Hills.   :jalapeno: :cucumber: :huepfenlol2: :coolblue:

Henry, I'm just not sure if Jethro Bodene is the bike or the rider :nixweiss: ?

I think Cybil just got re-christened :huepfenlol2: .

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »

Henry, I'm just not sure if Jethro Bodene is the bike or the rider :nixweiss: ?

I think Cybil just got re-christened :huepfenlol2: .

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.