Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: TP Luggage Rack Bag  (Read 13705 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
TP Luggage Rack Bag
« on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »

Hey gang, I need some help. I'd like to order a bag to fit the rack on my KTP on the SERK today for my trip to KY next weekend. I used a Countoured TP Luggage rack and have 12.5" from the rear of the Corbin Backrest to the back of the rack. I also don't see why I can't hang over the rear a little with the bag. But using the designed mounting points might not work that way, and wind up having to bungy it down, defeating the purpose of the mounting system for the given bag. I'd like this bag to be the biggest one made, while still reasonably fitting the KTP w/CTP rack.

I've searched all the threads here and have seem to narrowed down the choices. I'm looking at the following bags:

Kury GranTraveler Bag #4149
Kury Classic Tour Bag #4144
TBag Dekker Supreme #TB1000DTS
TBag DAKOTA #TB1010D

I'm attaching pics of all of these as well.

So my question. Will any or all of these bags work reasonably with my setup. Will any of them definitely not work with my setup. I don't mind it overhanging the TP rack in the rear, as long as the fastening system can be mostly utilized. The first and third one above will definitely require that. I know this has been brought up before, but not enough info to make a mistake-free decision. I'm hoping to hear from folks that have actually used any or all of these bags and get the right one the first time. The goal again is to get the biggest bag possible that reasonably fits the TP rack.

Thanks a lot gang. Was hoping to place an order today. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: TP Luggage Rack Bag
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

Kury 4144

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

TBag Dekker Supreme

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:50 AM »

TBag Dakota

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:13 PM »

Nylon Luggage Rack Bag

Part of the complete Touring Luggage System and Bag Collection, this premium leather bag mounts conveniently to your Tour-Pak® luggage rack, eliminating the need for bungee cords or tie downs that can scratch paint. Hook-and-loop flaps hold the bag to the rack, so installation and removal is a snap, and a polyethylene liner helps hold its shape and prevent water intrusion. Convenient, small zippered side pockets provide easy access to any smaller items you may need on the road. 17" wide x 12" tall x 10" deep. Bag weighs 5 lbs.
94798-00A

velcro loops setup for the rack
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »

Nylon Luggage Rack Bag

Part of the complete Touring Luggage System and Bag Collection, this premium leather bag mounts conveniently to your Tour-Pak® luggage rack, eliminating the need for bungee cords or tie downs that can scratch paint. Hook-and-loop flaps hold the bag to the rack, so installation and removal is a snap, and a polyethylene liner helps hold its shape and prevent water intrusion. Convenient, small zippered side pockets provide easy access to any smaller items you may need on the road. 17" wide x 12" tall x 10" deep. Bag weighs 5 lbs.
94798-00A

velcro loops setup for the rack

Thanks Neal. I looked at the SAC bag, but was hoping for something bigger. I don't mind jury rigging the bag a little, but don't want to deafeat the entire mounting system to use it, and wind up bungying the whole bag to the rack. ;)

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »

between that the KTP and saddle bags we can pack a lot of chit onto the bike

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:45 PM »

between that the KTP and saddle bags we can pack a lot of chit onto the bike

You can never have enough room! If I'm gonna mount a bag, I'd like it to be the biggest one I can reasonably fit! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »

You can never have enough room! If I'm gonna mount a bag, I'd like it to be the biggest one I can reasonably fit! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  All the equipment hanging on the handlebars.  Huge bag on the tour pak.  Other bits hanging/installed all over the place in between.  It's like the truck in the Beverly Hillbillies when Jed and the family are moving west.  Chit just hanging everywhere :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: !

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  All the equipment hanging on the handlebars.  Huge bag on the tour pak.  Other bits hanging/installed all over the place in between.  It's like the truck in the Beverly Hillbillies when Jed and the family are moving west.  Chit just hanging everywhere :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: !

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  Jed Clampit's truck had a fully operational transmission, and was actually traveling.............probably right through Sedona.............on the way to Beverly Hills.   :jalapeno: :cucumber: :huepfenlol2: :coolblue:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:34 PM »

Hoist! 8)

when all else fails, storage in the lowers and the windshield pouches on the fairing  :zroflmao:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »

As it should be on a long distance tourer (sans trailer, which I'll get with the fairing! ::)) No difference in loading up any other FL. Fairing or not, the FL storage options are identical. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

Oh B'Jesus, everyone's a comedian! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Anyone try the bags in the 1st 4 posts? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »

Just can't help it.  Suddenly got a picture in my head.  Jed Clampit's truck had a fully operational transmission, and was actually traveling.............probably right through Sedona.............on the way to Beverly Hills.   :jalapeno: :cucumber: :huepfenlol2: :coolblue:

Henry, I'm just not sure if Jethro Bodene is the bike or the rider :nixweiss: ?

I think Cybil just got re-christened :huepfenlol2: .

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »

Henry, I'm just not sure if Jethro Bodene is the bike or the rider :nixweiss: ?

I think Cybil just got re-christened :huepfenlol2: .

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

The Dekker is big, but looks easy on and off which makes a difference. We have the Kuryakyn bag which is a pain to put on and take off and it is heavy before you put anything in it, however very good quality. Oh well trailer next year. Good luck in your choice.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

The Dekker is big, but looks easy on and off which makes a difference. We have the Kuryakyn bag which is a pain to put on and take off and it is heavy before you put anything in it, however very good quality. Oh well trailer next year. Good luck in your choice.

Thanks Terry! Will the Dekker fit the Countoured rack on a KTP OK? I have 12.5" from the rear of the backreast to the rear of the rack. Like I said, I don't mind overhang. Just wanna make sure it works. I like the Dekker. Not locked into any of these. It sounds like I'd go with the TB Dekker before the Kury GranTraveler Bag based on your comment. Just want to make sure the Dekker will mount OK. Thanks man. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »

Hey Ken, I see ya lurking! Just keep your wise assed comments to yourself! I'm trying to find a bag here for the trip to see you! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »

Howie, what are you doing, running away from home?  :P

Craig

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »

I'll go ahead and throw this out there, Howie, despite your desire to remain "bungiless."  You have the same TP rack as me.  You saw the TP rack bag with which Renea traveled last week.  The bag is designed for the KTP rack, BUT it can be made to fit the smaller TP rack without modification.  I use the the two front velcro strap attachments, loop the shoulder strap through the rear of the rack and secure the entire bag with three bungies.  Works great cross country, and doesn't present a Clampit appearance.............unless you secure a bottle of 18 year old scotch to the top of the heap.  Just my .03.   :2vrolijk_21:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »

Hey Ken, I see ya lurking! Just keep your wise assed comments to yourself! I'm trying to find a bag here for the trip to see you! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

I wouldn't type anything here, that I wouldn't say to your face.

I know I'm a simple minded country boy...BUT...Why don't you just ship a big bag to my house? When you're ready to head home, we'll ship it back. Then you'll only need 2-3 days of clothes on the bike.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

I know I'm a simple minded country boy...BUT...Why don't you just ship a big bag to my house? When you're ready to head home, we'll ship it back. Then you'll only need 2-3 days of clothes on the bike.

I like to be self contained. I'd be using this bag for 2.5 weeks on a Sturgis trip too. So might as well get it now. Get it and forget it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

I'll go ahead and throw this out there, Howie, despite your desire to remain "bungiless."  You have the same TP rack as me.  You saw the TP rack bag with which Renea traveled last week.  The bag is designed for the KTP rack, BUT it can be made to fit the smaller TP rack without modification.  I use the the two front velcro strap attachments, loop the shoulder strap through the rear of the rack and secure the entire bag with three bungies.  Works great cross country, and doesn't present a Clampit appearance.............unless you secure a bottle of 18 year old scotch to the top of the heap.  Just my .03.   :2vrolijk_21:

Which bag do you have?

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »

And if the bag gets lost in shipping, I've got an extra pair of bibs I could loan ya.  ;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »

They've had the stuff you left in NY how long?

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »

And if the bag gets lost in shipping, I've got an extra pair of bibs I could loan ya.  ;D
Howie in bibs??? I got to say it

:worthless:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »

Look at www.roadreadybags.com     ..  Terry (TC) put me on to these and they are a great price and quality and are rain proof.  Made in eastern Pa..  Attach nicely also..  

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »

Look at www.roadreadybags.com     ..  Terry (TC) put me on to these and they are a great price and quality and are rain proof.  Made in eastern Pa..  Attach nicely also..  

Thanks Bob. That was the first one I looked at because I remember Terry talking about it and setting the deal up. But I wanted to go bigger. That one's not big enough for my needs. ;)

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »

Hey gang, I need some help.

Finally coming to your senses, EH?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »

Howie

I have the Dekker Supreme. Nice bag, good size and it has about 1.5 inches of foam padding all around, that is why it has that nice shape you see in the pictures. But all that foam does take up some room. Take the foam our and you can pack a lot more.

I got the bag for Deb when she flew to TN to meet me, found out it is awkward to carry for any distance with it packed.

Keep in mind, get the biggest bag, load it up and you will feel a significant difference in the way the bike feels and handles. The CoG jumps up quite a bit.

Personally I was thinking about my next bag having wheels like the Dekker roller, but it is big, and if you have the TP spoiler it hits (mentioned on their website).

You said 2.5 weeks for Sturgis. Is Binx going?

If you are traveling solo I would consider the back seat bag
http://www.t-bags.com/detail.aspx?ID=3&SelectedCat=4

Doubles as a back rest.

MV 2013

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »

Hoist,
I've got the Kur 4149 very good bag and has wheels too so it can serve as a airline roll aboard.
I looked at the two T-bags you mentioned, I was concerned they may block rear vision.
Also thought I may pack too much in them and the weight would cause spider cracking on the TP lid
 8)
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »

Howie

I have the Dekker Supreme. Nice bag, good size and it has about 1.5 inches of foam padding all around, that is why it has that nice shape you see in the pictures. But all that foam does take up some room. Take the foam our and you can pack a lot more.

I got the bag for Deb when she flew to TN to meet me, found out it is awkward to carry for any distance with it packed.

Keep in mind, get the biggest bag, load it up and you will feel a significant difference in the way the bike feels and handles. The CoG jumps up quite a bit.

Personally I was thinking about my next bag having wheels like the Dekker roller, but it is big, and if you have the TP spoiler it hits (mentioned on their website).

You said 2.5 weeks for Sturgis. Is Binx going?

If you are traveling solo I would consider the back seat bag
http://www.t-bags.com/detail.aspx?ID=3&SelectedCat=4

Doubles as a back rest.

Thanks Duane, good info! :2vrolijk_21:

I'm going with Binx. That's the reason I want the largest TP rack bag possible now. ;)

Hoist,
I've got the Kur 4149 very good bag and has wheels too so it can serve as a airline roll aboard.
I looked at the two T-bags you mentioned, I was concerned they may block rear vision.
Also thought I may pack too much in them and the weight would cause spider cracking on the TP lid
 8)

Thanks for the info. Will it mount OK on the Contoured TP rack? Like I said, I don't mind it overhanging, as long as it can mount properly. It's 17" wide and I measure 12.5" to the back of the rack. So 4,5" will overhang the rack in the rear. The Dekker Supreme is 14.5" wide. Still would overhang 2". :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist! 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »

For my solo 12 day ride I planned on 4 days of "clean-dirty" clothes, hitting the cleaners on the 5th day.

The caveat to that is that we had no laundry facilities at the motel in Maggie Valley, no one there knew where a laundry was and the the 8 laundromats listed in the GPS where either non existent, out of business or a "business address" and not the actual location.

The laundromat I finally found was not listed and was by luck that I did find it. And I was doing laundry while the gang was having a fine dinner :(

MV 2013

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

Howie,
I've got the Dekker Supreme also, but I have the larger rack. Works fine and as Duane stated it has the solid built sides (foam) which help keep its shape. Also as Duane mentioned it will definitely change the COG. Other then that it works well and I haven't had any problems w/it.

I notice you keep mention about not being concerned about hangover and you may have already considered this, but with hanging over the rack there is the potential of rubbing on the tourpak itself. Would hate for you to rub the paint off. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »

Howie,
I've got the Dekker Supreme also, but I have the larger rack. Works fine and as Duane stated it has the solid built sides (foam) which help keep its shape. Also as Duane mentioned it will definitely change the COG. Other then that it works well and I haven't had any problems w/it.

I notice you keep mention about not being concerned about hangover and you may have already considered this, but with hanging over the rack there is the potential of rubbing on the tourpak itself. Would hate for you to rub the paint off. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I have the TP spoiler on, so it can only rub on that. Would prfer as little as possible of course. That's why the Dakota looks pretty promising. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »

I looked at the Road Ready again. The largest one isn't too bad it's RBL 13"x10"22". Is this the one you guys were using. We get a discount from these guys too right. Who do we order it from. Might be worth trying for a hunndred bucks. Didn't want to experiment at over 200 bucks though. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »

Willie and Max MCS100 - Switchback Main Bag, Bag Measurements - 20" wide x 11.25" high x 11.25" deep.

Hoist! 8)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »

Howie,
have you checked out this saddelman bag?
http://www.saddlemen.com/touring-TR3300DE/touring-TR3300DE.html
john (fits in and out of tourpak)
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

I just did John, thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

I believe I've found my new bag. How about this one. New for '08 from TBag. The Roller Dekker, Dimensions: 27” W x 11”H x 15”D Capacity: 1.5 cu. ft. Nice looking bag, but I'll need some 3M film or something to protect the paint on the TP Spoiler. This thing looks great though. And the storage capacity doesn't include the 3 compartments on top. That adds to their stated storage capacity. What do ya'll think of this one?

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

I just did John, thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

I believe I've found my new bag. How about this one. New for '08 from TBag. The Roller Dekker, Dimensions: 27” W x 11”H x 15”D Capacity: 1.5 cu. ft. Nice looking bag, but I'll need some 3M film or something to protect the paint on the TP Spoiler. This thing looks great though. And the storage capacity doesn't include the 3 compartments on top. That adds to their stated storage capacity. What do ya'll think of this one?

Hoist! 8)

KEWL!   :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »

Check this thing out. Seems to have everything you'd want in a bag. The Dakota is higher storage capacity, but the sides will overhang the rack, and sag. This one won't and has almost as much storage. ;)

http://www.t-bags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=85&selectedcat=9

Hoist! 8)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

I looked at the Road Ready again. The largest one isn't too bad it's RBL 13"x10"22". Is this the one you guys were using. We get a discount from these guys too right. Who do we order it from. Might be worth trying for a hunndred bucks. Didn't want to experiment at over 200 bucks though. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, I also have the RoadReady and love it. Attaches in seconds and has lots of side pockets for stuff.  It's also light and waterproof.  Be careful with some of the heavy options you are looking at that you don't get too top heavy.
Hell, soon you will have fairings and everything!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Hoist, I also have the RoadReady and love it. Attaches in seconds and has lots of side pockets for stuff.  It's also light and waterproof.  Be careful with some of the heavy options you are looking at that you don't get too top heavy.
Hell, soon you will have fairings and everything!! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Warren! Nice to hear from ya. TBag told me that it's the lightest and largest bag of that type available. It's construction would make it heavier than the Road Ready. But as bags go, it's comparing apples to oranges. There's a lot of flexibility with the Roller Dekker, and can even be used as a carry on bag. The built in wheels are nice too. ;)

And congrats on making Elite too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

Check this thing out. Seems to have everything you'd want in a bag. The Dakota is higher storage capacity, but the sides will overhang the rack, and sag. This one won't and has almost as much storage. ;)

http://www.t-bags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=85&selectedcat=9

Hoist! 8)

Like I said......KEWL.......but after looking at the dimensions, Howie, do you think your TP rack is robust/wide enough to accomodate the 27" width of this footloc.......I mean luggage?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »

Like I said......KEWL.......but after looking at the dimensions, Howie, do you think your TP rack is robust/wide enough to accomodate the 27" width of this footloc.......I mean luggage?

HeHe! It is now! You peeled the sticker off last weekend! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »

HeHe! It is now! You peeled the sticker off last weekend! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Oh yeah   :vrolijk_9:  I forgot!

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »

Thanks Warren! Nice to hear from ya. TBag told me that it's the lightest and largest bag of that type available. It's construction would make it heavier than the Road Ready. But as bags go, it's comparing apples to oranges. There's a lot of flexibility with the Roller Dekker, and can even be used as a carry on bag. The built in wheels are nice too. ;)

And congrats on making Elite too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
I made Elite??? Yippie!  Since I starting commuting to Cinci I don't get on as much. In Atlanta at the home office today and tomorrow. Might even brush my teeth later.  :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Just got off the phone with Jenni and ordered the Roller Dekker. I told her I needed it no later than Thurs of next week. She said it shouldn't be a problem at all. And of course, she gave me the 20% discount! ;)

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

They've had the stuff you left in NY how long?

That was my feeble attempt to keep his stuff for a year or so don..lol

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

Is it ribs yet?

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 05:15:03 PM »

12 racks ordered

Wow, if I said that during the parts of Parker's cheerleader competitions when the bigger girls are going on I would get so clobbered.....  ???

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »

12 racks ordered

What is everyone else going to eat?????    :smilie_koch1:

Howie - you chose wisely my son.  That is an excellent bag.  I used the Dekker Supreme on my ultra and took it to Sturgis several times, works great.  The side pockets are very handy.  My only complaint was I had issues keeping the rain cover from blowing off.  It gave the appearace that I was pulling a chute behind me.  They may have improved that on the new bags.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 05:21:13 PM »

Howie - you chose wisely my son.  That is an excellent bag.  I used the Dekker Supreme on my ultra and took it to Sturgis several times, works great.  The side pockets are very handy.  My only complaint was I had issues keeping the rain cover from blowing off.  It gave the appearace that I was pulling a chute behind me.  They may have improved that on the new bags.

Thanks Travis. I'm hoping it's the chit for what I want! It should be for that money! ;)

It'll be great seeing you at Ken's. Looking forward to this and seeing the mid-west crew again! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »

All kidding aside, can you even get in the tour pak when you've got a big bag on the lid.  Was at a rest area/wide spot in the road out in western Nebraska once several years ago and a guy's old tour pak broke out around the hinges when he had it propped open with a big bag on the lid.

Granted, it was old at the time.  Lots of rotations on his hinges and fiberglass.  But how much weight can you realistically allow beyond the center point hanging on the lid up there?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »

Shows how much I use it... I forgot about that I had the same problem. :-\ Ended up putting one of those spider web bungies over it to keep air from getting under it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »

All kidding aside, can you even get in the tour pak when you've got a big bag on the lid.  Was at a rest area/wide spot in the road out in western Nebraska once several years ago and a guy's old tour pak broke out around the hinges when he had it propped open with a big bag on the lid.

Granted, it was old at the time.  Lots of rotations on his hinges and fiberglass.  But how much weight can you realistically allow beyond the center point hanging on the lid up there?

I never tired opening the tour-pak lid with a bag on top of it.  I kept any of that "need to get to stuff" in the pockets of the bag.  Even got to where I could reach behind me, pull my camera out of one of the pockets, take a picture and put it back without slowing down.  Of course by Howie's standards, I was going too slow to begin with.   ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »

Good point!!! Something I noticed was the stress that was put on the hinges and tourpak in that area w/a load on it. :nervous: You either want to take it off before opening tourpak or support the weight with your hand (or assistance from someone else) while opening it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »

Shows how much I use it... I forgot about that I had the same problem. :-\ Ended up putting one of those spider web bungies over it to keep air from getting under it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Ahh, great minds.  I used just a single bunge for a while, and then just started keeping the web on the bag all of the time.  Made it quick and easy to stick a helmet or jacket under there

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

Good point!!! Something I noticed was the stress that was put on the hinges and tourpak in that area w/a load on it. :nervous: You either want to take it off before opening tourpak or support the weight with your hand (or assistance from someone else) while opening it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sorry Gary, I have to say this.  It sounds like you could use some new tour-pak hinges.  I think Don has found some that will cure that problem.   :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »

Sorry Gary, I have to say this.  It sounds like you could use some new tour-pak hinges.  I think Don has found some that will cure that problem.   :huepfenlol2:
Oh hell no!!!! I'd be even more upset that chrome hinges were damaged along w/the tourpak. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »

My only complaint was I had issues keeping the rain cover from blowing off.  It gave the appearace that I was pulling a chute behind me.  

forgot about that I had the same problem. :-\ Ended up putting one of those spider web bungies over it to keep air from getting under it.

Put the bag on the other way.

They may have improved that on the new bags.

Mine still has it.

MV 2013

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »

Ever heard of Oscar Meyer???

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 09:45:20 AM »

Any one seen or used the new lighted rack?

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »

Howie

When I first got my 06 seuc I was preparing for a 6 week trip with Wanda and made some almost fatal mistakes packing. First I pushed the tour pack 4 inches back. Second I way overloaded the aftermarket tour pack bag's. When we took off for Cripple Creek, there was too much weight hanging too far back which made the front end so light it was easy to pull the front wheel off the ground when you got on it. 100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek. I also rearrange the load so all the heavy stuff like tools and oil were in the bottom of the saddle bags. We have since decided to pack as light as possible and if we need something we buy it along the way.

Say hi to Binx

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »

Howie

When I first got my 06 seuc I was preparing for a 6 week trip with Wanda and made some almost fatal mistakes packing. First I pushed the tour pack 4 inches back. Second I way overloaded the aftermarket tour pack bag's. When we took off for Cripple Creek, there was too much weight hanging too far back which made the front end so light it was easy to pull the front wheel off the ground when you got on it. 100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek. I also rearrange the load so all the heavy stuff like tools and oil were in the bottom of the saddle bags. We have since decided to pack as light as possible and if we need something we buy it along the way.

Say hi to Binx

Duke

Hey Duke, how ya doing? Nice to hear from ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the tips. I already have the TP too far back and will be moving it to the most forward postion this weekend. Not only will it be setup better for Binx's comfort that way, it'll move the COV forward too. I try to keep the heavier things packed as low I can on the bike, and keep the lighter things higher. Regardless, I well exceed the stated weight limits. I fixed that by removing the stupid stickers from the rack and TP! ;D

I hope you guys are doing well, and Wanda's feeling better. Take care Duke! :)

Hoist! 8)

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »

Howie

Great Idea "remove the stickers" why didn't I think of that?
We just got back from a great 2 week trip to Sedona and beyond.
Wanda's fine now.

Ride safe

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

Howie

100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek.
Say hi to Binx

Duke
My better half works for Fed Ex and says alot of seasoned travelers ship fresh clothes to one of their destinations and upon arrival, ship the dirty clothes home. I asksd her about shipping new jugs and gaskets, she didn't laugh

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

My better half works for Fed Ex and says alot of seasoned travelers ship fresh clothes to one of their destinations and upon arrival, ship the dirty clothes home. I asksd her about shipping new jugs and gaskets, she didn't laugh

Now that's funny!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »

Hoist! 8)
Howie, this one looks good to. I see the attachments look like a easy hookup, on and off and that is important for in and out of motels every night and looks like the loops on top would be great to spider net your leathers on when it gets to hot to wear them. Good luck in your choice. Wish I had seen that one before I made my choice.

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

A friend gave me his Nylon Roll Bag that you have listed. Never used it yet, however it looks like it would do well.
I think I would put a bungee around it for extra protection of falling off. ( Velcro fasteners)
I do have and have used quite often the Decker Supreme, It works great, especially if you take out the pads, you have a lot of room, and it is easy to put on and take off.
I also looked at the Kury bags, but they do weigh a lot empty.
So for the long trip, I would go the Decker Supreme by T-Bags.
Sawyer Ghost

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2008, 04:20:37 AM »

Got rid of my Kuryakyn Leather bag last week. Good looking bag, well built but the thing weighs a lot and really didn't hold a lot. Got the Road Ready Medium when I was down in Lake George. Easy fasten points and the D rings on top are great for clipping your helmet to when not needed.THE MUFFMAN

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

Got the Road Ready Medium when I was down in Lake George.

Glenn and I each got road ready bags, me the tourpak one and he got the big oval shaped bag that fits in front of the tourpak.

Did I card your bike there I dropped at least a dozen on bikes, and I know at least one from Ontario, near the fence line on the water side.

MV 2013

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »

Glenn and I each got road ready bags, me the tourpak one and he got the big oval shaped bag that fits in front of the tourpak.

Did I card your bike there I dropped at least a dozen on bikes, and I know at least one from Ontario, near the fence line on the water side.

No, Actually I met you at the base of Whiteface Mountain. You & Jim came over from the other side of the road. I've got the red jester with the LED shift linkage.  On a side note the Roads Ready bags really fit the luggage rack well, don't they.?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »

No, Actually I met you at the base of Whiteface Mountain. You & Jim came over from the other side of the road. I've got the red jester with the LED shift linkage.  On a side note the Roads Ready bags really fit the luggage rack well, don't they.?

Yes I know, I just remember putting a card on a red jester in the grass lot at Americade, and it had Ontario plates.

And yes the bag does fit well. And it stayed dry in a torrential downpour we got caught in.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 21 queries.