Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: TP Luggage Rack Bag  (Read 13703 times)

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
Re: TP Luggage Rack Bag
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »

Hoist,
I've got the Kur 4149 very good bag and has wheels too so it can serve as a airline roll aboard.
I looked at the two T-bags you mentioned, I was concerned they may block rear vision.
Also thought I may pack too much in them and the weight would cause spider cracking on the TP lid
 8)
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »

Howie

I have the Dekker Supreme. Nice bag, good size and it has about 1.5 inches of foam padding all around, that is why it has that nice shape you see in the pictures. But all that foam does take up some room. Take the foam our and you can pack a lot more.

I got the bag for Deb when she flew to TN to meet me, found out it is awkward to carry for any distance with it packed.

Keep in mind, get the biggest bag, load it up and you will feel a significant difference in the way the bike feels and handles. The CoG jumps up quite a bit.

Personally I was thinking about my next bag having wheels like the Dekker roller, but it is big, and if you have the TP spoiler it hits (mentioned on their website).

You said 2.5 weeks for Sturgis. Is Binx going?

If you are traveling solo I would consider the back seat bag
http://www.t-bags.com/detail.aspx?ID=3&SelectedCat=4

Doubles as a back rest.

Thanks Duane, good info! :2vrolijk_21:

I'm going with Binx. That's the reason I want the largest TP rack bag possible now. ;)

Hoist,
I've got the Kur 4149 very good bag and has wheels too so it can serve as a airline roll aboard.
I looked at the two T-bags you mentioned, I was concerned they may block rear vision.
Also thought I may pack too much in them and the weight would cause spider cracking on the TP lid
 8)

Thanks for the info. Will it mount OK on the Contoured TP rack? Like I said, I don't mind it overhanging, as long as it can mount properly. It's 17" wide and I measure 12.5" to the back of the rack. So 4,5" will overhang the rack in the rear. The Dekker Supreme is 14.5" wide. Still would overhang 2". :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »

For my solo 12 day ride I planned on 4 days of "clean-dirty" clothes, hitting the cleaners on the 5th day.

The caveat to that is that we had no laundry facilities at the motel in Maggie Valley, no one there knew where a laundry was and the the 8 laundromats listed in the GPS where either non existent, out of business or a "business address" and not the actual location.

The laundromat I finally found was not listed and was by luck that I did find it. And I was doing laundry while the gang was having a fine dinner :(
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

Howie,
I've got the Dekker Supreme also, but I have the larger rack. Works fine and as Duane stated it has the solid built sides (foam) which help keep its shape. Also as Duane mentioned it will definitely change the COG. Other then that it works well and I haven't had any problems w/it.

I notice you keep mention about not being concerned about hangover and you may have already considered this, but with hanging over the rack there is the potential of rubbing on the tourpak itself. Would hate for you to rub the paint off. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »

Howie,
I've got the Dekker Supreme also, but I have the larger rack. Works fine and as Duane stated it has the solid built sides (foam) which help keep its shape. Also as Duane mentioned it will definitely change the COG. Other then that it works well and I haven't had any problems w/it.

I notice you keep mention about not being concerned about hangover and you may have already considered this, but with hanging over the rack there is the potential of rubbing on the tourpak itself. Would hate for you to rub the paint off. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I have the TP spoiler on, so it can only rub on that. Would prfer as little as possible of course. That's why the Dakota looks pretty promising. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »

I looked at the Road Ready again. The largest one isn't too bad it's RBL 13"x10"22". Is this the one you guys were using. We get a discount from these guys too right. Who do we order it from. Might be worth trying for a hunndred bucks. Didn't want to experiment at over 200 bucks though. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:43 PM »

Willie and Max MCS100 - Switchback Main Bag, Bag Measurements - 20" wide x 11.25" high x 11.25" deep.

Hoist! 8)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 03:00:59 PM »

Howie,
have you checked out this saddelman bag?
http://www.saddlemen.com/touring-TR3300DE/touring-TR3300DE.html
john (fits in and out of tourpak)
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

I just did John, thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

I believe I've found my new bag. How about this one. New for '08 from TBag. The Roller Dekker, Dimensions: 27” W x 11”H x 15”D Capacity: 1.5 cu. ft. Nice looking bag, but I'll need some 3M film or something to protect the paint on the TP Spoiler. This thing looks great though. And the storage capacity doesn't include the 3 compartments on top. That adds to their stated storage capacity. What do ya'll think of this one?

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

I just did John, thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

I believe I've found my new bag. How about this one. New for '08 from TBag. The Roller Dekker, Dimensions: 27” W x 11”H x 15”D Capacity: 1.5 cu. ft. Nice looking bag, but I'll need some 3M film or something to protect the paint on the TP Spoiler. This thing looks great though. And the storage capacity doesn't include the 3 compartments on top. That adds to their stated storage capacity. What do ya'll think of this one?

Hoist! 8)

KEWL!   :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »

Check this thing out. Seems to have everything you'd want in a bag. The Dakota is higher storage capacity, but the sides will overhang the rack, and sag. This one won't and has almost as much storage. ;)

http://www.t-bags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=85&selectedcat=9

Hoist! 8)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »

I looked at the Road Ready again. The largest one isn't too bad it's RBL 13"x10"22". Is this the one you guys were using. We get a discount from these guys too right. Who do we order it from. Might be worth trying for a hunndred bucks. Didn't want to experiment at over 200 bucks though. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, I also have the RoadReady and love it. Attaches in seconds and has lots of side pockets for stuff.  It's also light and waterproof.  Be careful with some of the heavy options you are looking at that you don't get too top heavy.
Hell, soon you will have fairings and everything!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Hoist, I also have the RoadReady and love it. Attaches in seconds and has lots of side pockets for stuff.  It's also light and waterproof.  Be careful with some of the heavy options you are looking at that you don't get too top heavy.
Hell, soon you will have fairings and everything!! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Warren! Nice to hear from ya. TBag told me that it's the lightest and largest bag of that type available. It's construction would make it heavier than the Road Ready. But as bags go, it's comparing apples to oranges. There's a lot of flexibility with the Roller Dekker, and can even be used as a carry on bag. The built in wheels are nice too. ;)

And congrats on making Elite too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

Check this thing out. Seems to have everything you'd want in a bag. The Dakota is higher storage capacity, but the sides will overhang the rack, and sag. This one won't and has almost as much storage. ;)

http://www.t-bags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=85&selectedcat=9

Hoist! 8)

Like I said......KEWL.......but after looking at the dimensions, Howie, do you think your TP rack is robust/wide enough to accomodate the 27" width of this footloc.......I mean luggage?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.