Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: TP Luggage Rack Bag  (Read 13794 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: TP Luggage Rack Bag
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

Good point!!! Something I noticed was the stress that was put on the hinges and tourpak in that area w/a load on it. :nervous: You either want to take it off before opening tourpak or support the weight with your hand (or assistance from someone else) while opening it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Sorry Gary, I have to say this.  It sounds like you could use some new tour-pak hinges.  I think Don has found some that will cure that problem.   :huepfenlol2:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »

Sorry Gary, I have to say this.  It sounds like you could use some new tour-pak hinges.  I think Don has found some that will cure that problem.   :huepfenlol2:
Oh hell no!!!! I'd be even more upset that chrome hinges were damaged along w/the tourpak. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »

My only complaint was I had issues keeping the rain cover from blowing off.  It gave the appearace that I was pulling a chute behind me.  

forgot about that I had the same problem. :-\ Ended up putting one of those spider web bungies over it to keep air from getting under it.

Put the bag on the other way.

They may have improved that on the new bags.

Mine still has it.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »

What is everyone else going to eat?????    :smilie_koch1:

Ever heard of Oscar Meyer???
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 09:45:20 AM »

Any one seen or used the new lighted rack?

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »

Howie

When I first got my 06 seuc I was preparing for a 6 week trip with Wanda and made some almost fatal mistakes packing. First I pushed the tour pack 4 inches back. Second I way overloaded the aftermarket tour pack bag's. When we took off for Cripple Creek, there was too much weight hanging too far back which made the front end so light it was easy to pull the front wheel off the ground when you got on it. 100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek. I also rearrange the load so all the heavy stuff like tools and oil were in the bottom of the saddle bags. We have since decided to pack as light as possible and if we need something we buy it along the way.

Say hi to Binx

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »

Howie

When I first got my 06 seuc I was preparing for a 6 week trip with Wanda and made some almost fatal mistakes packing. First I pushed the tour pack 4 inches back. Second I way overloaded the aftermarket tour pack bag's. When we took off for Cripple Creek, there was too much weight hanging too far back which made the front end so light it was easy to pull the front wheel off the ground when you got on it. 100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek. I also rearrange the load so all the heavy stuff like tools and oil were in the bottom of the saddle bags. We have since decided to pack as light as possible and if we need something we buy it along the way.

Say hi to Binx

Duke

Hey Duke, how ya doing? Nice to hear from ya! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the tips. I already have the TP too far back and will be moving it to the most forward postion this weekend. Not only will it be setup better for Binx's comfort that way, it'll move the COV forward too. I try to keep the heavier things packed as low I can on the bike, and keep the lighter things higher. Regardless, I well exceed the stated weight limits. I fixed that by removing the stupid stickers from the rack and TP! ;D

I hope you guys are doing well, and Wanda's feeling better. Take care Duke! :)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »

Howie

Great Idea "remove the stickers" why didn't I think of that?
We just got back from a great 2 week trip to Sedona and beyond.
Wanda's fine now.

Ride safe

Duke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 12:00:37 PM »

Howie

100 miles down the road we stopped at a UPS store and shipped 1/2 of the gear to the Hotel in Cripple Creek.
Say hi to Binx

Duke
My better half works for Fed Ex and says alot of seasoned travelers ship fresh clothes to one of their destinations and upon arrival, ship the dirty clothes home. I asksd her about shipping new jugs and gaskets, she didn't laugh

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

My better half works for Fed Ex and says alot of seasoned travelers ship fresh clothes to one of their destinations and upon arrival, ship the dirty clothes home. I asksd her about shipping new jugs and gaskets, she didn't laugh

Now that's funny!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »

I looked at the Road Ready again. The largest one isn't too bad it's RBL 13"x10"22". Is this the one you guys were using. We get a discount from these guys too right. Who do we order it from. Might be worth trying for a hunndred bucks. Didn't want to experiment at over 200 bucks though. ;)

Hoist! 8)
Howie, this one looks good to. I see the attachments look like a easy hookup, on and off and that is important for in and out of motels every night and looks like the loops on top would be great to spider net your leathers on when it gets to hot to wear them. Good luck in your choice. Wish I had seen that one before I made my choice.

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

A friend gave me his Nylon Roll Bag that you have listed. Never used it yet, however it looks like it would do well.
I think I would put a bungee around it for extra protection of falling off. ( Velcro fasteners)
I do have and have used quite often the Decker Supreme, It works great, especially if you take out the pads, you have a lot of room, and it is easy to put on and take off.
I also looked at the Kury bags, but they do weigh a lot empty.
So for the long trip, I would go the Decker Supreme by T-Bags.
Sawyer Ghost

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2008, 04:20:37 AM »

Got rid of my Kuryakyn Leather bag last week. Good looking bag, well built but the thing weighs a lot and really didn't hold a lot. Got the Road Ready Medium when I was down in Lake George. Easy fasten points and the D rings on top are great for clipping your helmet to when not needed.THE MUFFMAN

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

Got the Road Ready Medium when I was down in Lake George.

Glenn and I each got road ready bags, me the tourpak one and he got the big oval shaped bag that fits in front of the tourpak.

Did I card your bike there I dropped at least a dozen on bikes, and I know at least one from Ontario, near the fence line on the water side.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »

Glenn and I each got road ready bags, me the tourpak one and he got the big oval shaped bag that fits in front of the tourpak.

Did I card your bike there I dropped at least a dozen on bikes, and I know at least one from Ontario, near the fence line on the water side.

No, Actually I met you at the base of Whiteface Mountain. You & Jim came over from the other side of the road. I've got the red jester with the LED shift linkage.  On a side note the Roads Ready bags really fit the luggage rack well, don't they.?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.