Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Hot Weather Riding Gear?  (Read 36776 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Hot Weather Riding Gear?
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »

Rob...try Bass Pro Shops.  I picked one up there a few weeks ago in white.

http://www.basspro.com/Under-Armour-HeatGear-Tech&153;-TShirts-for-Men-Long-Sleeve/product/103950/-1541236

They fit kind of loose, and they don't shrink after washing, so order whatever size you would wear in "dressy" type shirt, not a t-shirt.  Normally, I get a Large cotton t-shirt, but in a "regular" shirt, I get a Medium.  A Medium in this shirt fit just right...loose enough, but not too loose.  I'm 5'8" and about 180lbs...yea, I'm a fat f*#%
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:24:24 AM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »

http://www.basspro.com/Under-Armour-HeatGear-Tech&153;-TShirts-for-Men-Long-Sleeve/product/103950/-1541236

They fit kind of loose, and they don't shrink after washing, so order whatever size you would wear in "dressy" type shirt, not a t-shirt.  Normally, I get a Large cotton t-shirt, but in a "regular" shirt, I get a Medium.  A Medium in this shirt fit just right...loose enough, but not too loose.  I'm 5'8" and about 180lbs...yea, I'm a fat f*#%

HA HA! Thanks Terry. I was just in the one in Miami last Saturday. Guess I'll just order online since the closest one to me is in Orlando.  :drink:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »

I'm 5'8" and about 180lbs...yea, I'm a fat f*#%
Just living the good life thru this recession.  :) Or as they say round these parts.....eating high on the hog.  :P har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »

SPF 50.   :P

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »

Just living the good life thru this recession.  :) Or as they say round these parts.....eating high on the hog.  :P har.  spyder

:huepfenlol2:  Judi loves to cook, and is really good at it.  Unfortunately, that is not always a good thing for me, so I have to keep her from fixing stuff that goes straight to my belly...in terms of inches.  :smilie_koch1: :whip: I seem to have leveled off at this weight the past several years.  Guess I'll have to wait until I get really old to get as skinny as I used to be.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »

I wear Columbia or North Face fishing/ hiking pants.  You can purchase them at Dicks, Scheels, Cabelas etc. They are made of a very thin material and have zip off legs.  Some have velcro at the bottom so you can snug them down to keep them from riding up your legs.  Not much protection if you go down but are comfortable to ride in when it's hot and keep your legs covered.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

steve047

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »

I wore one of the UV shirts today made by Solumbra. the one with the vents from your arn pit down your arm I liked it alot and no burn and it wicked away the sweat. while we were moving it was pretty cool

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »

We were at Bass Pro Shops yesterday and it seems like all the sporting good chains have UV shirts now. It looks like polyester is making a big comeback with its wicking properties. They were sold out of the hydration vests though.  Doc

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »

I wore one of the UV shirts today made by Solumbra. the one with the vents from your arn pit down your arm I liked it alot and no burn and it wicked away the sweat. while we were moving it was pretty cool

X2  :2vrolijk_21:    Not going to make a fashion statement in one of them but it's the closest thing to not wearing a shirt and still having maximum protection.  The vents arm pit to wrist are what puts these shirts over the top. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2011, 10:22:31 AM »

We were at Bass Pro Shops yesterday and it seems like all the sporting good chains have UV shirts now. It looks like polyester is making a big comeback with its wicking properties. They were sold out of the hydration vests though.   Doc

They're $49 at Cycle Gear.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »

Thanks JC, Terry has a Harley model and I was looking to see if there is anything out there that's better. I'm surprised that Harley doesn't have a line of UV shirts yet. All they have are the mesh jackets for over the hydration vests and I'm thinkin the shirts would work better by slowing down the evaporation. Columbia makes some of their UV shirts with a loose fit for over the vest.  Momma is happy, so...

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2011, 10:58:26 AM »

Thanks JC, Terry has a Harley model and I was looking to see if there is anything out there that's better. I'm surprised that Harley doesn't have a line of UV shirts yet. All they have are the mesh jackets for over the hydration vests and I'm thinkin the shirts would work better by slowing down the evaporation. Columbia makes some of their UV shirts with a loose fit for over the vest.  Momma is happy, so...
I saw a employee at the local dealer wearing a new UV Harley shirt w/ the vents yesterday.  Looked nice and he said it was very cool riding in to work on his scooter.  Must be a new item.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »

Not sure what brand mine is......I'll check when I get home tonight.  But it has pockets which were great for filling with ice when Terrie, me, Ernie, Jon and Andy were all riding Hwy. 50 across Utah and Nevada in 113F temps. :2vrolijk_21:  Went into the Gatorade barrel and dunked the cool vest then filled the pockets with ice.  I swear they were still completly dry twenty minutes later but at least it allowed us to keep moving on to the next stop.

West Coast GTG   

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

My wife wore some stretchy work out pants yesterday thinking they would be cooler than jeans. They were but the pipes melted the a hole in the right leg. :D :D

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »

Sorry for the delay.  Actually the one you want is the HeatGear TNP LongSleeve.  The whites I got have grey logos on the front breast, and that site on Bass Pro shows black, which are the lower versions I think?

Also, yes they do run very large, so if you take an XL, get a Large and it'll be perfect.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.