Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Hot Weather Riding Gear?  (Read 36772 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Hot Weather Riding Gear?
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39:01 PM »

Sorry for the delay.  Actually the one you want is the HeatGear TNP LongSleeve.  The whites I got have grey logos on the front breast, and that site on Bass Pro shows black, which are the lower versions I think?

Also, yes they do run very large, so if you take an XL, get a Large and it'll be perfect.

Like a so?

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/under-armour-tnp-mens-long-sleeve-t-shirt.html

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »

Not sure what brand mine is......I'll check when I get home tonight.  But it has pockets which were great for filling with ice when Terrie, me, Ernie, Jon and Andy were all riding Hwy. 50 across Utah and Nevada in 113F temps. :2vrolijk_21:  Went into the Gatorade barrel and dunked the cool vest then filled the pockets with ice.  I swear they were still completly dry twenty minutes later but at least it allowed us to keep moving on to the next stop.

We have the Classic cooling vest from Silver Eagle Outfitters.  At the time only black was available but now I see they have silver.  They have other clothing items for hot weather riding........  http://www.silvereagleoutfitters.com/ 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2011, 10:23:16 AM »

Yup!

Since they only had the White in Small I got this one in white instead. Hope it works!

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/uatechlstee.html

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »

Harley has a line of button up UV Summer shirts. They appear to me to be the same as Columbia brand but with Harley added graphics, branding. I have one and it is good shirt. I also have a solumbra shirt, nice shirt but the Underarmor ones from any sporting goods stores is about $20 less and to me seems to do the same job. I also wear a Vanson Vent Max summer jacket that I like, Made of a better grade of mesh than the TourMaster, Harley etc, larger holes but much tougher, no collar which I like, just banded around the base of the neck. It also has CE Armor in shoulders and elbows that is backed up by leather and a back protector that while not CE is there and upgradeable to CE if you choose. Buy direct from Vanson. Also has a dropped tail without the mesh to protect the lower back, coolest jacket I have ever worn. I always wear coat, gloves, boots etc. and I live in sunny Florida and ride almost everyday and the Underarmor long sleeve white with a Vanson Vent Max is the coolest deal I can find.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Rob, you have a Gander Mountain @ the 350 MM, they have the UnderArmor stuff, I bought a couple pair of winter long underware in there off clearance table recently for 50% off. Also Underarmor has a outlet in Orlando at a couple of the discount malls as well as Ellenton. Either place is a good ride for you.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2011, 01:03:40 AM »

Or just order it online from Under Armour. They have a popup with free hsipping, and no tax, so that's a pretty good deal.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »

Anyone out there tried these?

http://www.taichimoto.com/products/RS-Taichi-Delta-Motorcycle-Riding-Shoes.html

My best friend from Denver got a pair and said they are incredible. Says they are like air conditioners for the feet. Gonna check them out. They even come in a nice selection of colors. Red and black being the fastest!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »

Rob, you have a Gander Mountain @ the 350 MM, they have the UnderArmor stuff, I bought a couple pair of winter long underware in there off clearance table recently for 50% off. Also Underarmor has a outlet in Orlando at a couple of the discount malls as well as Ellenton. Either place is a good ride for you.

Thanks! I didn't know Gander carried those.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »

Hey Rob, will any of this stuff work in humidity ? Here in SoCal it gets that way sometimes this time of year, like today.  Doc

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »

My best friend from Denver got a pair and said they are incredible. Says they are like air conditioners for the feet. Gonna check them out. They even come in a nice selection of colors. Red and black being the fastest!
Those are really cute?    :-X

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »

Quote from: Buy early on Yesterday at 08:35:15 AM

Those are really cute?

Actually, they remind me of my old wrestling shoes. Buddy says they work like a charm tho.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »

If you want breathable/drainable panels, why not just get some jungle boots?  Cheaper &  afford more 'protection'. (but maybe not as stylish)  har.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

If you want breathable/drainable panels, why not just get some jungle boots?  Cheaper &  afford more 'protection'. (but maybe not as stylish)  har.   spyder

You know me spyder, I'm all about style!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »

You know me spyder, I'm all about style!
Hey...nuttin wrong with that.   :huepfenlol2:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.