Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Heated Gear Group Buy  (Read 8373 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Heated Gear Group Buy
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 09:56:02 AM »

Have the jacket liner and the G3's.  Bought them last winter.  Gloves are still a little bulkier than I'm used to but I sure stay warm.  Recommend them both.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »

Gerbing will wire your zip out liner for heat should that option be more attractive than buying a vest.  Less bulk and you know it fits
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »

I should have checked this thread before MV. What a dumbass [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »

I don't know if Gerbings is still using the "helsapor" for their waterproof membrane anymore or not.  Since they don't specifically mention which membrane they are using, it's certainly NOT Goretex.  The "helsapor" membrane they had in their gloves 3 years ago- now their classic glove- does NOT keep the water out.  Your hands will be warm, but not dry.  Both pairs of our Gerbings gloves are identical in this respect.  They still need rain mitts over them.  My experience has been if it ain't Goretex, it ain't going to keep you dry and not sweating.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »

So true john...Goretex rules for me also...but I will say that My G3 Gloves stayed pretty dry on the way to MV this year...at least they were not cold and wet.

/Bill

I don't know if Gerbings is still using the "helsapor" for their waterproof membrane anymore or not.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »

Bill, I have the G3's also and had to just order a dual controller. My old gloves heated about the same as my liner but I have noticed the G3's take more to heat up. First couple of times I used them, I had to cook my body to warm my hands. Finally I set the thermostat to keep the liner comfortable and forget the gloves. I think the dual controller will take care of this. Have you used yours with a solo controller?

Mark Z
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 01:09:03 PM by MJZ »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 01:44:07 PM »

Agree with your findings.  I had the single controller and the jacket Liner would get very warm compared to gloves.  Got a new Jacket liner with dual controller and much more comfortable.

Never had the old gloves to compare.

/Bill

Bill, I have the G3's also and had to just order a dual controller. My old gloves heated about the same as my liner but I have noticed the G3's take more to heat up. First couple of times I used them, I had to cook my body to warm my hands. Finally I set the thermostat to keep the liner comfortable and forget the gloves. I think the dual controller will take care of this. Have you used yours with a solo controller?

Mark Z
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »

Noticed that the FarkleMasters offer an opportunity for you to mail them your current seat, and they will add heat to it.

Their Quote;
"We offer a mail in service where you mail us your seat and we will install our heating element under your seat cover and mail it back to you with one of our custom Seat-Trollers for you to install where it
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:13:06 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 12:14:18 PM »

So true john...Goretex rules for me also...but I will say that My G3 Gloves stayed pretty dry on the way to MV this year...at least they were not cold and wet.

/Bill

Same experience Bill.  I don't know what's supposed to be in the G3 gloves.  But I do know that in several hours of light showers and two hours of full blown rain they did stay dry.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 03:28:15 AM »

[highlight]I agree, I just bought the new Gerbing G-3 and have yet to plug them in but have used several times.[/highlight] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Have you used them more often now that it's getting colder? How do you like them. Just curious, I'm getting them for the holidays. Thanks, Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 07:50:32 PM »

Have you used them more often now that it's getting colder? How do you like them. Just curious, I'm getting them for the holidays. Thanks, Hoist!

Now that I got a dual controller, I love them! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] With the single, I was cooking from my liner and fingers were cold. Now with the dual, both are warm and toasty. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

Does anybody use the gerbing pant liner or pants?  pros or cons of liner vs. pants..

Thanks,

Mark

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 01:20:35 PM »

Does anybody use the gerbing pant liner or pants?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 01:21:23 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 03:23:33 PM »

Does anybody use the gerbing pant liner or pants?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 03:47:22 PM »

[highlight]Now that I got a dual controller, I love them! [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] With the single, I was cooking from my liner and fingers were cold. Now with the dual, both are warm and toasty. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks a lot for the info MJZ. Are you saying that you were using a single temp controller for one pair of gloves and now you're using the dual temp controller instead (1control/glove instead of 1 control/pair of gloves)? I ordered the dual because I was figuring I'd eventually hook-up the OL to it. She doesn't ride with me as often in the winter so we started with 1 pair only. Worst case is to buy a second controller with the second pair, I guess. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.